Sullivan South v. Maryville

Philster043

Well it is time. The day is here. One last post before I head off to work and then make my way down to Maryville. Not many are giving my South Rebels a snowballs chance, but I want to say that we have faith in our boy's in Blue. Stay focused. Do not be intimidated. Be patient. To the Maryville faithful that has posted on the thread this week, I want to say thank you for the civil exchanges and may the ballgame be free of injury to all involved. Safe travels everyone!

Let's give a cheer for the Blue and the Silver Grey

and then a big Rebel Yell to let 'em know,

that were from Sullivan South High School

and were proud to say that it's so;

Were gonna fight for the right to

be Number 1! and spread our name

till were famous far and wide,

cause were from Sullivan South

High School and we've got

Southern Pride!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand redandblack is a Central fan not a Maryville fan. Maryville fans have deep respect for S.S. The game will be played tonight there will be a winner and if Maryville wins they will be a gracious winner if Sullivan South wins the Maryville faithful will tell them good job and good luck at the state game and hope you win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If Maryville Wins?????? But I will agree that Maryville will be a gracious winner. They don't know anything else. Just another 15-0 season for 60 in a row.

Understand redandblack is a Central fan not a Maryville fan. Maryville fans have deep respect for S.S. The game will be played tonight there will be a winner and if Maryville wins they will be a gracious winner if Sullivan South wins the Maryville faithful will tell them good job and good luck at the state game and hope you win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the thing is, if maryville lost, there would be no one to congratulate bc all the south fans would be passed out in disbelief/excitement. We havent been to the semi's since '93, and to beat a nationally ranked 58 straight win team, thats too much to handle

Well the day has come, tonight we will find out if David can conquer another Giant! I pray that everyone will have safe travels to and from the game. If I can talk the little lady into it we may come on down to the "blackhole". I wish my NET brethern nothing but the best, you reppin K-town!

I was really amazed this week with all the respectful banter between both South and Maryville fans, all the trash talking seemed to come from fans of teams that are no longer in the play-offs, HMMM strange! I know most of my DB bros would agree this thread looked a little like a typical DB/Oak Ridge thread nothing but respect for each others programs, so my hat is off to those that respect thier foes.

Hoping for a South Rebels victory! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ROLL REBS ROLL! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

any word on douglas?

looking forward to kicking off a great football weekend tonight!! Go Maryville, Navy, and UT....

Good luck to both teams tonight, everyone have safe travels

I'm hoping you are wrong on the Army/Navy game. Go Army! Beat Navy! The greatest rivalry bar none. What 2 teams would stand after a game, win or lose, and stand side by side with the other team and sing that teams school song. We could learn something (myself included) from these games about something more than football.

You mean to tell me there is 27 pages of talk on this game???? I am convinced that South will score points Friday Night. However, they will give up way too many to win. Maryville wins big 52-28. You guys from South have no idea what you are heading into Friday Night. This is Big Time Football. But there will be nothing to be ashamed of. You will just be like the last 58 teams that have played them.

coach please tell me you are not a Maryville fan I would hate to have to go back and delete my last post! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

In a year when Appy state beats michigan, Stanford beats USC, Navy beats Notre Dame, there is likely going to be a national championship matchup of Mizzou and WVU, and my Bears are likely going to miss the playoffs a year after going to the super bowl, I have begun to expect the unexpected.

I like South big in this one. By 14 atleast.

(If i'm right i'm a genious, If I'm wrong just consider me the 59th moron to pick against Maryville)

In a year when Appy state beats michigan, Stanford beats USC, Navy beats Notre Dame, there is likely going to be a national championship matchup of Mizzou and WVU, and my Bears are likely going to miss the playoffs a year after going to the super bowl, I have begun to expect the unexpected.

I like South big in this one. By 14 atleast.

(If i'm right i'm a genious, If I'm wrong just consider me the 59th moron to pick against Maryville)

2010 you are absolutely right this is the year of the unexpected but 14 at least? and to greyghost etcoach is a WB fan so you can leave your post.

I'm hoping you are wrong on the Army/Navy game. Go Army! Beat Navy! The greatest rivalry bar none. What 2 teams would stand after a game, win or lose, and stand side by side with the other team and sing that teams school song. We could learn something (myself included) from these games about something more than football.

Agree 100%. greatest rivalry in sports, super-saturated with tradition, mutual respect, and class (sounds a little like the Maryville bunch, and I must say the SS fans have shown themselves to be class acts as well)....if you have never been to an Army/Navy game, do yourself a favor and make the trip... you won't regret it, i promise!

well, i may not completely agree 100% maroonandgrey, lets make it 92%-- i'll be rooting for the Mids!! Lets make it 6 in a row!! back to back to back to back to back CIC trophy winners!

Yea, I wondered myself why Mr. Phillips was left off the squad whit those outstand stats. He should be on the squad and maybe the #1 Starter for the All-star team. Must be politics that got Mr. Ryan on the team over Phillips because I have seen better QB's than Mr. Ryan from Knox West this year. Not an insult just my opinion on that but Phillips and maybe a few others should have been there before Ryan.

call it being naive, but i hope i am right in assuming the "selectors" are trying to give some kids that have flown under the radar a chance to showcase themselves to scouts. Mr. Phillips has been on the radar for quite some time now, as has Burnette-- another who some think should start. But i could be completely off base, i have been wrong before!

And by "gracious" you mean they will cut South players heads off and then hand them to them. i suppose i misunderstood the meaning of gracious

the thing is, if maryville lost, there would be no one to congratulate bc all the south fans would be passed out in disbelief/excitement. We havent been to the semi's since '93, and to beat a nationally ranked 58 straight win team, thats too much to handle

Well bring the smelling salts and help you to your feet HA HA HA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />