Fulton Falcons @ Pearl-Cohn Firebirds

Big Country

Congrats Fulton on that big win against us last night i didn't think we was going to lose and if we did not by that much. Yall came out and jumped on us quick and we couldn't overcome that. Our O-line couldn't block yall D-line so which had Mason running for his life all night.If yall play DL like yall played PC last night then yall have a great shot to repeat as state champs. So again good luck next week and oh yeah yall was right [EAST RUNS MIDDLE AGAIN THIS YEAR]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photoman, I could picture all of that as I read it. So many talk of the allure of a game at PC, but I wasn't impressed with Mason or the PC environment at our game. They work the intimidation on and off the field. Only the week before our game White House had been there and from what I heard they had people from the streetside behind the visitor side throwing bb's and rocks with glass in it at their backs. Needless to say we were a little apprehensive. Then the almighty PC "show" started. Humility is not something they teach there. At SC and at WH I heard they danced on the centerfield logo (kinda like stomping on Dallas' centerfield star), and I know that happened last year at our field. And unlike Big Country, I'm not the only one that agreed that Mason's number are high because he is the one that stands out among a bunch of AVERAGE athletes. Yeah, they beat some good teams in Region 4, including us, but by the hair of their chinny-chin-chin. Even though they beat Station Camp, I do think Camp would have been more competition for Fulton after coming up 9-1 in season. But anyway, congratulations on the win.....I do agree that Region 2 is the elite in 3A and to beat ya'll would be a feat.

Oh, and I'm glad I don't eat fish. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Call it whatever you like but its just inner city culture coming out, I mean no respect is taught evidently from childhood from anybody and I bet it really stands out at school, its just another case of uncontrollable THUG life that they grow up in everyday and we wonder why crime rates and homicides soar in these enviroments and neighborhoods, but everyone knows why and as long as the inner circle of people continue to live in this realm and promote such actions on a daily basis with bad attitudes and mad at the world views I doubt things will change.parrents who really care, faculty and administrators at these schools should be disgraced by this type of behavior from your kids and students, time has come to regain control of our unruly youth and teach self respect first then respect for your fellow man, society has taught many that whatever I do is OK because there are no reprecussions for my actions, and so it continues to esculate and one day in some schools atheletics will become obselete because no one stood up for the right thing, if thats what you want then continue to be a follower and not a leader. Form a group of parents, faculty or combination of resources that ly within your grasp and take hold of your youth to be held accountable, if not then I dont have to tell you where they utimately will wind up. I hope this will encourage someone to step up and do the right thing, unless you are afraid you will offend someone! How would you like to see on the news or newspaper- ALL SPORTS ACTIVITIES ERADICATED from such and such school, You better think about it because it will happen if this thug behavior continues to disrupt the very thing that is an outlet to many of these young kids. Then what ?

Deaunte Mason will seem like a lot better football play this year to Fulton compared to last year. For one he is not limping around all over the field this year with the ankle injury. Secondly he is a year more experienced than he was last year. Finally he is just a better all around football player this season. Last year the Pearl Cohn offense was "hit or miss" to say the least. It was all Gregory running the ball and then Mason throwing the ball deep to either R. Mason, Gupton, or Gordon. This year Deaunte's passing skills are more refined and he has good receivers again and can use them in more ways than to be "just athletes". On defense Pearl Cohn is better than they were last year. Griffin & Harris are a couple of beasts at linebacker. Johnson & Venoy are a couple of incredible athletes that can do multiple things. Knight & Collier are good corners who have the ability to play on an island. THE KEY IS THE PLAY OF THE LINEMEN!!!! Last year Fulton dominated PC up front in the trenches. That's what led to Rogan having a HUGE GAME and that's why PC could not run the ball to save themselves. This year Pearl Cohn has grown a ton up front over the course of the year. The Firebirds big guys must play physical football in order for them to win this game.

Pearl Cohn: 20

Fulton: 14

I'D BE AMAZED IF WE SEE AN EXTRA POINT ATTEMPTED IN THIS GAME ALL NIGHT LONG /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

wow "Little City Boy" i mean big country with all his vast football knowledge barely missed on his prediction...lol... i guess he forgot that white house beat the crap out of the firebirds last week and the firebirds where moving a little slower this week. sometimes even when you when you still lose. well now im for liscomb

Congrats Fulton on that big win against us last night i didn't think we was going to lose and if we did not by that much. Yall came out and jumped on us quick and we couldn't overcome that. Our O-line couldn't block yall D-line so which had Mason running for his life all night.If yall play DL like yall played PC last night then yall have a great shot to repeat as state champs. So again good luck next week and oh yeah yall was right [EAST RUNS MIDDLE AGAIN THIS YEAR]

I'm curious about your response to the fans who've had such horrible experiences at PC? As a PC fan, is this something you notice? Why, in your opinion, is it such a horrendous environment?

I've only seen one other environment that comes close to what's being explained by others, and that's when Fulton traveled to Happy Valley in the early 90's. That was scary. There were 6 cops stationed to each side of our stands, and we were advised to get out of there immediately after the game ended.

It's sad that high school sports are subject to this.

Congrats to Pearl Cohn on a GREAT YEAR!!! Being the Region 4-3A team to host the semifinal game for the last two years is an amazing feat. Those road playoff wins at Station Camp & White House were awesome. Don't let either of those teams get on here and slam on you just because of what took place last night. The Firebirds eliminated both of those teams (for people like dandy & baggy who need reminders) which means that they own them.

Congrats to the seniors at Pearl Cohn on wrapping up amazing football careers. 9-3 in 2005, 10-4 in 2006, & 11-3 in 2007. A .750 winning % over your last three years is nothing to hold your heads down about. Every team in Region 4-3A is breathing sighs of relief this morning. Those sighs are because the football team at Pearl Cohn High School no longer includes names such as Deaunte Mason, Howard Griffin, Dominique Harris, Carlos Knight, Phillip Collier, Markese Osborne, Chaz Lilard, William Johnson, Wayne Cox, Michael Venoy, etc. I STILL SAY THAT PEARL COHN WILL HAVE A MAJOR "SAY SO" IN DETERMINING THE REGION 4-3A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2008!!!!! Coach Tony Brunetti & Co. have done an amazing job at PCHS in the last two years.

FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T READ THOUGH LET ME SAY THAT THE PEARL COHN FIREBIRDS WERE AT LEAST STILL PLAYING LAST NIGHT!!!! That's not bad for a team that was supposedly going to get "destroyed" by the mighty and powerful White House Blue Devils this year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If White House were to have played Fulton either of the last two years then both times it would have been 100-0 (kind of like it could have been when WH played Alcoa earlier this year).

NOW TO THE FULTON FALCONS

Congrats to Coach Buck Coatney & Co. for shutting me up last night. That game may have been the most complete 3 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL that I have seen all year long in any classification. I never would have dreamed that Fulton's DBs would be able to play man-to-man coverage all over the field as they did last night against Pearl Cohn's big athletic receivers. Humphrey, Tyson, & Smith are all very amazing athletes. That catch that Smith made on the slant on Fulton's first TD of the second half was impossible for most any other receiver. Stokes was the "spy guy" on Mason last night. With a couple of exceptions I would say that Bubba did a great job against Mason. The MAIN REASON FOR FULTON'S WINNING THIS GAME SO HANDILY was without question the line play. On defense they got after Mason all night long. On offense Blair's pass protection looked like Peyton Manning playing for the Colts out there. He had the cleanest uniform on the field at the end of last night's game. Cobb is not a great back but he is an effective powerful rusher. He has done a good job this year at playing both ways as a DE & RB. Blair is the key though folks. I compared his pocket to that of "Peyton Manning". Well in terms of throwing the football he looked about like "Carson Palmer" out there throwing the football. Everything was a frozen rope and everything was on the money that he threw over the middle to the dragging receivers. The 1 BAD THROW that he did make on the slant was hauled in and taken to the house by Smith on the opening series of the second half. I AM TELLING ANY OF YOU FULTON FANS THAT #5 FROM LAST YEAR'S TEAM IS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM A BETTER QUARTERBACK THAN BLAIR IS ON THIS YEAR'S TEAM!!!!! That is not even close at all /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am sure that most of you Fulton Falcons fans may have had an idea as to who I was last night standing right along the fence just as you walked into the stadium. One of your two coach Blacks as well as coach Coatney found out who I was and gave me a big serving of humble pie as they left the stadium last night. I LOVE GOOD FUN WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE AS GOOD OF FOOTBALL TEAMS AS THEY SAY (sorry WH faithful but this eliminates you /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> In all seriousness though I did say congrats to those guys and some of those football players on a great overall performance last night. I HOPE THE TRIP BACK TO KNOXVILLE WAS A SAFE ONE FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE LAST NIGHT!!!!!

Seeing as how I am from the midstate and that my team is in Region 5 then this 100% means that I will be rooting on the David Lipscomb Mustangs next weekend at the Blue Cross Bowl. Since the fourth week of the season I have been saying that Lipscomb will win the Class 3A State Championship this year. Despite Fulton's HUGE EFFORTS to ruin my hopes for that occuring in last night's game I am still going to side with the midstate's Mustangs next week.

well dang i was hoping that liscomb would win. now that the big dummy "little city boy" is rooting for them im thinking that they are in trouble. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

well dang i was hoping that liscomb would win. now that the big dummy "little city boy" is rooting for them im thinking that they are in trouble. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No it's a "2 Week Curse" and DL only needs me for 1 Week you freaking moron /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You see last week I was rooting hard for Pearl Cohn to beat your beloved White House Blue Devils. Guess What???????? Pearl Cohn won the game and you were playing basketball last night. THEREFORE..........you can't say much of anything because White House stinks /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ok now everyone tell me who this is:

I KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN ANY OF YOU DO. IM SO SMART.

lol...what a football mind you have....lol....he will pick fulton and liscomb both to win so he want be wrong....lol...what a fat idiot with a ho for a ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ok now everyone tell me who this is:

I KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN ANY OF YOU DO. IM SO SMART.

lol...what a football mind you have....lol....he will pick fulton and liscomb both to win so he want be wrong....lol...what a fat idiot with a ho for a ... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would love too stay and have this great "war of wits" with such a genius as yourself but I don't want you hurting yourself coming up with such great material. "fat idiot"??????? Good comeback there baggy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am done with this argument. Fulton wins 44-16 over Pearl Cohn. I guess that means they would have beaten some teams in the region 41-0 in 1 HALF. I wonder which team from Region 4-3A that could be???????

HINT: they got hammered the same way by 2A school Alcoa earlier this year

oh dont go away mad "little city boy"....just go away.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....your trailor park kids are calling you home

oh dont go away mad "little city boy"....just go away.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....your trail park kids are calling you home

"trail park"?????? Don't you mean "trailOR PARK"?????? Learn how to use proper grammar first.

Secondly, those kids are tough. I promise you they wouldn't wet themselves in excitement like the White House kids do everytime they play a good team (ie Station Camp, Beech, Alcoa, & most importantly Pearl Cohn).

That's a great feat now beating up on Portland, Macon, DeKalb, & Polk this year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You beat up on the Greenbrier JV team in the playoffs because they had several starters injured and/or suspended. GREAT JOB THERE!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

FACE IT BUDDY (or baggy)...........................YOU ARE A LOSER PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!!

I would love too stay and have this great "war of wits" with such a genius as yourself but I don't want you hurting yourself coming up with such great material. "fat idiot"??????? Good comeback there baggy /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am done with this argument. Fulton wins 44-16 over Pearl Cohn. I guess that means they would have beaten some teams in the region 41-0 in 1 HALF. I wonder which team from Region 4-3A that could be???????

HINT: they got hammered the same way by 2A school Alcoa earlier this year

well well now that i have read he has been called a moron an idiot and now a LIAR....i thought you said you was done...but people like you are never good to thier word...so reply again you big LIAR /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />