Beardens chances to 3-peat?

bhswins41

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure that Clarksville will have it tough next year because they lose way to many players. Farragut on the other hand i dont see able to get past Bearden because like every year they are suppose to beat Bearden but never happens. It will be tough again next year but i see Bearden advancing once again to the state championship.

They could beat everyone hands down in a street fight or something cause they are a huge team. But on the soccer field its a different story because Bearden has beaten Brentwood the past 2 years. I mean say what you want we beat everyone we are suppose too. Thats we are the best team in the state and in the nation. Oh and watch out next year Bearden will be quite good again. Maybe next year Brentwood can put the ball in the back of the net against Bearden.

Science Hill should be tough next year. They only lost I think 4 players to graduation so they should be a good team next year. Most of their team are upcoming Juniors so I would watch out for them. If Brett Schreiber continues to improve he will be a major threat for the Hilltoppers. They've got a lot of young talent.

I think people really need to understand that in terms of high school soccer in tennessee bearden has done what they needed to do. Whether or not they were close against some teams or not they found away to win and that says something about the kind of talented team they are. As far as the debate about being the best in the nation they might be they might not be. There is really no way of knowing unless all the nationally ranked teams play one another. My personal opinion is that they are most likely not the best nationally just due to the fact that most other states have better high school soccer overall than tennessee and therefore the nationally rankled teams have more competition. Regardless of that however they are the best in tennessee and its stupid to say otherwise.

just so everyone gets its correct bearden isnt the best team in the nation, they were ranked #1 for the spring high school soccer, but there are to other seasons(fall, winter). and those teams would kill bearden hands down. the fall winner was

St. Benedict's (Newark, N.J.) 27-0-0 1

Season complete. St. Benedict's defeated playoff teams from five states while running its undefeated record to 119 matches (114-0-5) with a state-record 27 victories this year. Next year's team returns players who combined for 120 of the team's 165 goals.

and the winter winner was

Bellarmine College Prep (San Jose, Calif.) 25-0-0 1

Season complete. CIF-CCS Division I champion. PUMA Invitational Premier Bracket champion. Went 11-0 vs. teams that appeared in the FAB 50 -- 4-0 over teams still in the FAB 50, including wins over a Florida state champion and the top Texas private school.

now just going on club soccer, these two states are far better than tennessee when it comes to soccer so anyone from bearden who thinks they are the best in the nation has been mislead. thats all i have to say.

I've read those last two posts and I gotta agree. Bearden is good and is for sure the best team in TN. But they are nowhere near being the best in the nation. I'd like to see them play against those two teams above. I'd bet they would get eaten alive. TN soccer is not bad, but when you compare to hs soccer in other states it can't compete with other states and their talent. Heck my hs team played a team from NJ in a tournament last year and they walked all over us, and my hs team is pretty good. Just saying Bearden's good but NATIONALLY #1..NO WAY!!