Union City Basketball

uctfan

Uhhh......I BELEIVE we are playing.......Mt. Juliet....NOT SycamoreSo............Their ( Central Girls ) aren't Union City.......We are the Tornadoes and no one can handle our pressure.

Wow! You're cocky. Union City is a great team, I'll give them that much, but you don't need to put pressure on them to go undefeated. Anyways, why can't you play a real team like Dyer County.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lollypop...I wouldn't go there my friend lol...look at the tournaments that Union City plays in!!!! They play in a National tournament in Arkansas and play at the Battle Of The State at Lipscombs Allen Arena against teams such as Brentwood Acadamy, Haywood Co., Independence, Mt. Juliet, Sycamore, and Riverdale...

It's more like why can't Dyer Co. play a real team like Union City....

lollypop...I wouldn't go there my friend lol...look at the tournaments that Union City plays in!!!! They play in a National tournament in Arkansas and play at the Battle Of The State at Lipscombs Allen Arena against teams such as Brentwood Acadamy, Haywood Co., Independence, Mt. Juliet, Sycamore, and Riverdale...

I was just kidding, honestly. I know that Union City is great. The district 13AA boys' teams' aren't really that competitive. I don't have any projections. I would just like to see Union City play Dyer County. I know it would be useless, though. They are in different classes.

Wow! You're cocky. Union City is a great team, I'll give them that much, but you don't need to put pressure on them to go undefeated. Anyways, why can't you play a real team like Dyer County.

Well.....ok, I will talk with Shane and see if we can't add you to the list of AA & AAA teams we beat ( kick their butts )....now how would you feel when you wake up the next morning realizing that Union City...little ole Union city just beat a large school like Dyer County. I really do not think your boys can run with ours.

Legend Union City dosen't care about the front page report on Manassas so your not gonna scare anyone in Union City with that weak trash talk..U just remember..Manassas wouldn't be crap if it werent for Westside shutting down...However...I will give Manassas alot of mad props because they are a very good basketball program,with alot of height and quickness and one heck of a bench..Ive been saying all year..If Humboldt goes to memphis to face Manassas in substate they will lose..If Union City goes then it will be a dog fight..Ive got Union City playing Manassas for the state title but who knows anthing can happen. Thats why they play the game...But if or when yall do play Union City yall better be ready for 7 or 8 great shooters that can flat out play the game, and are very quick and i do mean quick with about 4 leapers that can cause alot of problems..UC knows yall beat Mitchell by 3 and was up by around 13 at one time but UC also beat Mitchell and led by as many as 15 at one time so dont let your mouth overload your butt Legend because reports mean nothing..Its never over til its over.

first, Only 1 player from westside starts at Manassas dont get me wrong a big reason why Manassas is a state contender is because of there dept but Westside and Manassas was class A contenders last year they just had to go through each other if 1 was in yall weak division then both would have made it last year. Second, Manassas beat Mitchell with there best player Ken Torry on the Floor he scored 31 that night and didnt play -vs- Union City Eric Atkins lead Manassas with a game high 34pts. third, Manassas was up 18 in the first half then Mitchell came back. fourth, Manassas went up 18 again in the second half then a fully loaded Mitchell team with Torry & Lewis who didnt play -VS- Union City made a late run to make it look good at the end. Fifth, you talk about shooters Manassas has 9 shooters. sixth, Yall want have an answer for 6'8 Reggie Buckner schools of interest (Arizona, UTEP,Tennessee,OLE MISS,MISS STATE,and more) He is a G/F. seventh, if westside had a real big man or if westside had a bench they would have won the state last year. if Manassas didnt have to play westside 2 get there they would have won. yall were good last year but yall went home early too!

I've said it before and I will say it again.....

If Manassas is to beat Union City it will have to be if they meet up in Memphis for a sub-state game....If Manassas comes to UC,Manassas will lose...If they meet up in the state tournament,Manassas will lose.....Seen it too many times with too many Memphis teams that were better than this one...

Don't let Westside beating Trenton in the sub-state last year give you any sense of security...Peabody way behind Union City,Humboldt and Lake County...They just got lucky in the one game they had to win....UC put up 130,119 and I believe 103 on Peabody last year..If memory serves me Trenton was 1-10 in games against the "Big Three" last year....AND Union City would have put up that many on either Westside or Manassas last year.....

Only the "Mercy Rule" and the fact UC is losing seven seniors and Sisco is trying to get his young players alot of playing time is keeping from UC putting 100+ on the board this season....

what does that mean? Union City beat Humboldt twice with large wins then they went packing when it mattered most just like manassas did last year to westside.

union city 92.....greenfield 70

first of all, congrats to union city. they have a good team. but, it would have been a lot closer had the refs not called so many charges(at least 6 charges which got greenfields top two players in early foul trouble to no blocking fouls nor charges against uc...and they had plenty with no calls) against greenfield at the beginning of the game when the score was still close. also, greenfield could not seem to hit a shot until the end of the first quarter. maybe they were a little intimidated by uc at first. also, greenfield had some boys making some terrible passes...too many turnovers to hang with a team like uc. i really think that greenfield looked a little intimidated at first. but, really, the score should have been much closer. that was my take on it anyway. i was unable to go to the humboldt v. greenfield game, but from what i heard from greenfield fans, that humboldt is a better team than uc. i guess we'll see.

but, i would say....after watching uc last nite....that they are a very beatable team. they are short, albeit they are quick and can shoot. but, i'd say that they are very beatable. mj brown is a fella i'd have on my team anyday, and he's a good set shooter....but, mr basketball? i dont know about that. i was really wanting to see something more out of him than what i saw. he didnt seem to be able to create a shot. he had to be set. i mean, most of his points last nite....however many they were... were after uc had a 20 point lead, and he was still gunning three's when greenfield was putting in subs.

Well.....ok, I will talk with Shane and see if we can't add you to the list of AA & AAA teams we beat ( kick their butts )....now how would you feel when you wake up the next morning realizing that Union City...little ole Union city just beat a large school like Dyer County. I really do not think your boys can run with ours.

I've seen both teams play this year and several times last year..Not only can Dyer Co run with them..I believe would beat U.C. by at least 10 points..I do see that they had one common opponent in Jackson Southside...U.C. beat them 95-80 and Dyer Co beat Southside 98-57..

GC PIONEER, LET'S DEAL WITH FACTS. THE TEAMS YOUR REFEERING TO ARE NOT ALL THAT.RIVERDAL,INDPENDENCE, AND MT. JULIET HASN'T WON SIX GAMES PUT TOGETHER.SO REALLY YOU HAVE NO GROUND TO STAND ON IN TERMS OF WHO'S PLAYING A REAL TEAM.DYER COUNTY AND UNION CITY BOTH HAVE WEAK SCHEDULES.BUT THEY HAVE TO PLAY TEAMS IN THERE DISTRICT.... CAN'T HELP THAT.BUT FOR THE RECORD DC WILL BE IN A COOKVILLE CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT PLAYING TOP TEAMS OUT OF KENTUCKY,AND NORTH CAROLINA.THEN THEY ARE IN ANOTHER IN RUSSELVILLE,KY SOME OF THE BEST OUT OF SOUTHERN,IL AND KENTUCKY.

IT IS A SHAME THAT OUR LOCAL TEAMS LIKE GIBSON CO. SOUTSIDE, AND OTHERS FORCE DYER CO. AND UNION CITY TO SEARCH FOR COMPETITION....... YOU SAW THE SPEED AND PRESSURE .... THE OTHER NIGHT.THE ONLY COMPARISION BETWEEN THE TWO WAS THE JACKSON SOUTHSIDE GAME WHERE IN U/C WON BY 15 AND D/C BEAT THEM BY FORTY.

union city 92.....greenfield 70

first of all, congrats to union city. they have a good team. but, it would have been a lot closer had the refs not called so many charges(at least 6 charges which got greenfields top two players in early foul trouble to no blocking fouls nor charges against uc...and they had plenty with no calls) against greenfield at the beginning of the game when the score was still close. also, greenfield could not seem to hit a shot until the end of the first quarter. maybe they were a little intimidated by uc at first. also, greenfield had some boys making some terrible passes...too many turnovers to hang with a team like uc. i really think that greenfield looked a little intimidated at first. but, really, the score should have been much closer. that was my take on it anyway. i was unable to go to the humboldt v. greenfield game, but from what i heard from greenfield fans, that humboldt is a better team than uc. i guess we'll see.

but, i would say....after watching uc last nite....that they are a very beatable team. they are short, albeit they are quick and can shoot. but, i'd say that they are very beatable. mj brown is a fella i'd have on my team anyday, and he's a good set shooter....but, mr basketball? i dont know about that. i was really wanting to see something more out of him than what i saw. he didnt seem to be able to create a shot. he had to be set. i mean, most of his points last nite....however many they were... were after uc had a 20 point lead, and he was still gunning three's when greenfield was putting in subs.

First off,Greenfield would not have beat us if we spot them 25 points.UC dont get interested in games such as SoFulton,Dresden,Bradford,Gleason,Greenfield.It dont matter how many points you score against us,the bottom line is that you lost.You not only lost,you lost by over 20 points.Thats not close.Bigster,you cant compare scores between Uc and Dyer Co against So Side.If thats the case,We beat Humboldt by 8 points,Humboldt beat Lake Co by 17 points,so guess what,we going to beat Lake Co on Jan 4th by 25 points.But for real,we literally going to beat Lake Co by 25 points comparing scores or not.As for MJ Brown,he doesnt have a set shot.Maybe you were watchn somebody else.Guess what,he is going to win MR BASKETBALL again.He does his thing against good teams.The Mitchells(32),So Side(28),Humboldt(17).He let everyone else do it against the lower teams.So thats probably why you feel that way,he really wasnt playn against nobody last nite.

first, Only 1 player from westside starts at Manassas dont get me wrong a big reason why Manassas is a state contender is because of there dept but Westside and Manassas was class A contenders last year they just had to go through each other if 1 was in yall weak division then both would have made it last year. Second, Manassas beat Mitchell with there best player Ken Torry on the Floor he scored 31 that night and didnt play -vs- Union City Eric Atkins lead Manassas with a game high 34pts. third, Manassas was up 18 in the first half then Mitchell came back. fourth, Manassas went up 18 again in the second half then a fully loaded Mitchell team with Torry & Lewis who didnt play -VS- Union City made a late run to make it look good at the end. Fifth, you talk about shooters Manassas has 9 shooters. sixth, Yall want have an answer for 6'8 Reggie Buckner schools of interest (Arizona, UTEP,Tennessee,OLE MISS,MISS STATE,and more) He is a G/F. seventh, if westside had a real big man or if westside had a bench they would have won the state last year. if Manassas didnt have to play westside 2 get there they would have won. yall were good last year but yall went home early too!

Legend im not taking anything away from your Manassas team or your 6'8 Buckner..But Union City has seen all the 6'8's, 6'10's, 6'7's and 6'6's before and every time they always say Union City want have an answer for them and they always find the answer and a way to win..Maybe not every time but most of the time..Just ask Haywood what happened to them when 6'9 Vanardo was with them 2 years ago and Union City went to Haywood on their homecoming night what happened to them..They got thunderstruck thats what happend! when nobody gave them a chance to win, Union City found a way..And if im not mistaken 3 of them guys are playing d1 ball today..I know Vanardo is at Miss.State. So don't think that Buckner will get Union City out of their game because he is so tall because that boat want float..Im not saying UC will beat the ol mighty Manassas but ill say if yall let that weak east team beat you last year at Borro. then i like Union City's chances with your great 6'8 Buckner..So if Union City dosent make it to Borro. i hope we can get the gold ball back to the west where it belongs after the great Westside aka.Manassas and Humboldt let everyone down in the west..Just keeping it real.

I love how Greenfield fans say Union City is beatable...Why don't we just let Shane play his main players the whole game,press on every possession and score about 150 on you and your team score about 20(maybe)...No we can't do that because we will be running the score up...Just like chipper said....UC could spot Greenfield 25 points and UC would still win by 25 or more...Just thank your lucky stars Sisco has bigger fish to fry than blowing Greenfiled clean out of Weakley County.....He is trying to prepare his team for the postseason so nothing like last year happens to the Tornadoes this season and also get his young players in since he has 7 seniors on this year's team...Like I said on another thread,it must be nice to be able to use district games as practice sessions....

BTW....Every fan of the Tornadoes knows they are beatable,just like every other team that puts on a basketball uniform every night....But,I will guarantee you this,they won't lose too many....

Now to the DC people sneaking in on this thread....Why don't you ask your coach why he wouldn't play Union City this year??...It could've happened...The reason Jackson Central-Merry is on the Tornado schedule is because DC wouldn't come to Union City and play....

Again BTW...M.J. put in 22 on Greenfield last nite and led all UC SCORERS..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />....What else do you want???