Union City Basketball

uctfan

chipper....I'd take Pat Polk in the post over most 6'7" guys.....Just about every night he is the toughest player, pound for pound, on the floor on either team...

Heard he got all in the head of the kid he was guarding Saturday night...Even frustrated him so bad the kid got "T'd" up.....

The guys on the radio were saying that they thought Harrison couldn't believe kids as small as UC were playing them so physical...

Those two rebounds off missed free throws there at the end of the game were huge by Andre' Coby....Sheer hustle...

I think MJ is about to distance himself from the rest of the Mr Basketball field...He averaged 30.7ppg against top-notch competition this weekend....

Heard Tony would be ready for Lake County..You hearing the same thing??

Purple..I was at the game last night and Pat Polk played outstanding!! He really got into the head of dude from Harrison big time..There should had been at least 2 more T"s in the game..That guard for Harrison got up and threatened to hit Ryan Simpson in the very first quarter and the ref just looked at him all crazy..The refs almost let it get out of hand a couple of times..Union City played those guys very physical because they had to..When u start 6"7 6'6 6'5 and 6'3 and a 6'1 u better be ready to play hard nose basketball...That Harrison coach couldnt believe what he was witnessing!!..Andre Coby did get some key rebounds on missed freethrows..He was just to quick for the 6'7 dude..Harrison was very tired the last min. of the ballgame..All of them had their hands on their knees just trying to hang in there..But all the Union City players played very well even though they wasnt shooting the ball very well..Their defense showed up and thats what won the ballgame..MJ and Nick hit some bigtime 3's when they needed them the most..And i know 3 or 4 of them was from NBA range..Ans as for Tony Wilkins..He is doing fine..I think Tony Wilkins could had played in the tourny but Sisco didnt want to risk futher more injury to his knee and i dont blame him for that at all..He might see limitied playing time at Lake Co...I think it just depends on how UC is doing during the game at LC..I don't look for him to start but i do see him getting in the game to get back in the flow of things.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chipper....I'd take Pat Polk in the post over most 6'7" guys.....Just about every night he is the toughest player, pound for pound, on the floor on either team...

Heard he got all in the head of the kid he was guarding Saturday night...Even frustrated him so bad the kid got "T'd" up.....

The guys on the radio were saying that they thought Harrison couldn't believe kids as small as UC were playing them so physical...

Those two rebounds off missed free throws there at the end of the game were huge by Andre' Coby....Sheer hustle...

I think MJ is about to distance himself from the rest of the Mr Basketball field...He averaged 30.7ppg against top-notch competition this weekend....

Heard Tony would be ready for Lake County..You hearing the same thing??

Yeah,he could have played,but they were resting him.Very good championship game Purple.Like copenoc said,Harrison got winded because they only played 6 or 7 players.I was telling a friend of mine that he can purchase tickets Monday,because we are going to play No Carolina saturday over at UTM.That probably is the only team that might beat us.LOL.Im just playing though Purple,now everyone will get on here and start saying that i think UC this and that,but i just had to get that in.I was at 2 of the 3 games and was looking forward to meeting UC Did It Again,Purple and Gold,and Copenoc.I know who you are now Purple,but i got an idea who Copenoc and UC is.Hope to meet you guys at the Lake Co game as we get ready for the 2nd half of the season.I will also get to meet Bigster Friday nite as Lake Co fan 007 suppose to introduce me to him.

Yeah,he could have played,but they were resting him.Very good championship game Purple.Like copenoc said,Harrison got winded because they only played 6 or 7 players.I was telling a friend of mine that he can purchase tickets Monday,because we are going to play No Carolina saturday over at UTM.That probably is the only team that might beat us.LOL.Im just playing though Purple,now everyone will get on here and start saying that i think UC this and that,but i just had to get that in.I was at 2 of the 3 games and was looking forward to meeting UC Did It Again,Purple and Gold,and Copenoc.I know who you are now Purple,but i got an idea who Copenoc and UC is.Hope to meet you guys at the Lake Co game as we get ready for the 2nd half of the season.I will also get to meet Bigster Friday nite as Lake Co fan 007 suppose to introduce me to him.

Yeah man thats cool with me..Ill be glad to meet u guys!! I don't get to go to alot of the away games but ill be at the Lake Co. game for sure..I saw that Legend said he was gonna come out and watch the show all the way from Memphis..And i do wanna meet this guy..He said he is gonna tell me what he thinks of Union City while he is there..Ill be on UC side as soon as u walk through the door..Probly on the bottom bleacher..I have alot of friends from Lake Co. that come talk to me..They have already been talking smack to me about the game lol!! But they are die hard fans and i respect them for that..They love their Falcons for sure! The only thing is alot of them dont like Whitby to much and they just don't stop and think where that program was before he came there..They have to look at what he has done for the program while he has been there..He hasnt won a state title they say!! Well i say..So What! Sisco has just won one and look what he has had in the past 5 years..In my eyes Union City should had won back to back to back titles and got just one. But thats why they play the game...Lake Co. has a winner coach that has been ranked in the top ten in the state 3 years in a row and has won over twenty games 3 years in a row..Won a district title in 05..Won 2nd in the region..Pretty darn good i think..And has another shot at a 1st or 2nd place finish in the region this year..And gues what? Lake Co. will be ranked in the top ten again this year when the polls come out..And im telling ya LC has alot of talent comming up and i see a state title in their future with Tony Tyler's brother and company..Them boys can ball for sure..I think UC will go through a 3 year dry spell after this year but That is just my opinion so i think all the haters out there will be able to take their shots at UC..Chipper you know as well as i do that the other 9 teams in this district hate UC because they say we are 2a..But never u hear anything on Humboldt or Trenton or Dresden..And Humboldt has made 3 or 4 strait appearances to state and the rest of the district will still cheer for Humboldt..So u see..We all know what school is more respected..U might not like us but u better respect us for sure.

UC, LC, and Trenton are definitely respected by Humboldt...UC is very well coached, shoots the 3 consistently, and plays pressure D about as good as anyone I've seen at this level...LC has had Humboldt's number for the most part since Humboldt has moved down to 1A...they always seem to play their best against us...Trenton also seems to play their best ball against us..There is a lot of bad blood between Trenton and Humboldt so whenever they meet up, both teams come out focused and intense...Btw, that Yancey kid impressed the heck out of me last night...It was ridiculous some of the shots he was able to make driving to the basket...

I don't know that I'd say that teams in this district respect UC any less than Humboldt...All I've heard is how Humboldt should go back to 2A because of how many people we have and the size of our team...People will always complain, they'll get over it...Neither UC nor Humboldt chose to be here..In fact, the other teams should probably thank both teams for making it the best 1A district in the state...Being apart of the district alone is getting them a certain level of respect they wouldn't be getting otherwise..

Anyways, I'm really starting to look forward to UC-HBT coming up...I'm wondering if the atmosphere will be anything similar to what it was a couple of years back in the region championship game at Trenton High School...It was so loud in there you couldn't even begin to hear yourself think...The crowd was not only standing the whole game, but chanting their respective chants, screaming, jumping up and down, etc...Even the players were jumping up and down at midcourt waiting for the tip....I still remember Humboldt getting the tip, Smith bringing it down the court, and pulling up for three...Then, MJ Brown brings it down the court, gives it to Weddle who pulls up from the top of the key and banks in a 3 to answer...It was like that the whole night going back and forth with Humboldt getting the edge 86-83...Weddle had 46 that night...Smith, I think, was in the 30's and I believe Epperson had a big game that night as well...If the gym is even half as hype this time as that night, it will be a must see for anyone in the area...

Pat Polk will be a major factor in UC's success this season.. MJ will get his points and lead the attack but this team will need that ENFORCER on the inside much like the X-Man was a couple of years ago and the double P will have to provide that presense /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Yes, the Purple and Gold are hungry for another GOLD Ball and the POLK man will have to lead the way /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Be Representin' UC !!

It seems to me that MJ has pretty much been the one of the best, if not the best player at these bigger tournaments. Now I am a huge Tennessee basketball fan, and may be a little bias, but I think MJ would fit great into Bruce Pearl's system up at Rocky Top. Now I don't know if they will give MJ any looks, but when you have a in-state guy like MJ, lightin' it up like he has, surely they will take notice. Everyone has always said his height won't allow him to go anywhere big, same thing they said about Weddle, but obviously MJ can play with the best of them. Where do yall think he could end up going? I know it's early, but hey!...that's what these boards are for right!?

I'd like to see MJ play at a Major D-1 school.. If not TN - I think other SEC schools like an OLE MISS or Mississippi St. would definately give him a look.. And he should definately get looks from all of the OVC Schools..

He's a talent much like his dad was back in the day.. MJ's probably a little better than his ole man /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

But folks that remember Marshall recall he could play with the best of them- so MJ definately got basketball honest..

UC, LC, and Trenton are definitely respected by Humboldt...UC is very well coached, shoots the 3 consistently, and plays pressure D about as good as anyone I've seen at this level...LC has had Humboldt's number for the most part since Humboldt has moved down to 1A...they always seem to play their best against us...Trenton also seems to play their best ball against us..There is a lot of bad blood between Trenton and Humboldt so whenever they meet up, both teams come out focused and intense...Btw, that Yancey kid impressed the heck out of me last night...It was ridiculous some of the shots he was able to make driving to the basket...

I don't know that I'd say that teams in this district respect UC any less than Humboldt...All I've heard is how Humboldt should go back to 2A because of how many people we have and the size of our team...People will always complain, they'll get over it...Neither UC nor Humboldt chose to be here..In fact, the other teams should probably thank both teams for making it the best 1A district in the state...Being apart of the district alone is getting them a certain level of respect they wouldn't be getting otherwise..

Anyways, I'm really starting to look forward to UC-HBT coming up...I'm wondering if the atmosphere will be anything similar to what it was a couple of years back in the region championship game at Trenton High School...It was so loud in there you couldn't even begin to hear yourself think...The crowd was not only standing the whole game, but chanting their respective chants, screaming, jumping up and down, etc...Even the players were jumping up and down at midcourt waiting for the tip....I still remember Humboldt getting the tip, Smith bringing it down the court, and pulling up for three...Then, MJ Brown brings it down the court, gives it to Weddle who pulls up from the top of the key and banks in a 3 to answer...It was like that the whole night going back and forth with Humboldt getting the edge 86-83...Weddle had 46 that night...Smith, I think, was in the 30's and I believe Epperson had a big game that night as well...If the gym is even half as hype this time as that night, it will be a must see for anyone in the area...

Yeah Red i remember that game very well also..Ive never seen 3 teams evenly matched like they were that year when UC won state..It was all about who got the breakes and who didnt...I was at borro. that year when i saw Humboldt fall to a pretty good team..That McMasters kid put on a clinic that game. Humboldt was much better than them but they just got the breakes..I don't think the hype at Union City will be as intense as it was that night at the region final when Humboldt went on to win..But it will for sure be the game of the week anywhere in the state..It will be a tough task for the Vikings to roll into Union City to knock them off at home.But Humboldt certainly has the team to do it!!..I think its gonna be a dog fight at Lake Co. friday night..Its hard to beat Lake Co. at home! They gave Humboldt a dog fight for about 3 and a half quarters but they ran out of gas..Lake Co's weakness is they just don't have the bench this year like they have had in the past.

I've always considered Marshall Brown one of the very best Tornadoes ever...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was in school when Harry Ferguson roamed the sidelines at UC....I liked Coach...He even pulled me off a dude in the hallway my senior year,only time I ever got in trouble in high school... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />..Since Marty came to Union City I always wondered how many more state championships UC would have won if Marty had been at UC rather than Kenton....You can't tell me those teams with Ronald Ward and Rodney Alexander and Jerry 'ToJo' Slayton wouldn't have a state title or two with Marty...Marshall and his teams would have won one or two..Willie Slayton and his teams would have won some...UC would probably be all alone in state titles..That first state championship team with Stanley and Tony wasn't near as good as the teams that played at UC when I was in school....

The big difference this year with Union City is those 7 seniors....They refuse to lose....

I've always considered Marshall Brown one of the very best Tornadoes ever...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was in school when Harry Ferguson roamed the sidelines at UC....I liked Coach...He even pulled me off a dude in the hallway my senior year,only time I ever got in trouble in high school... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />..Since Marty came to Union City I always wondered how many more state championships UC would have won if Marty had been at UC rather than Kenton....You can't tell me those teams with Ronald Ward and Rodney Alexander and Jerry 'ToJo' Slayton wouldn't have a state title or two with Marty...Marshall and his teams would have won one or two..Willie Slayton and his teams would have won some...UC would probably be all alone in state titles..That first state championship team with Stanley and Tony wasn't near as good as the teams that played at UC when I was in school....

The big difference this year with Union City is those 7 seniors....They refuse to lose....

Iffin and Coulda, shoulda, woulda.......I could hear violins playing in the background as i read. Beethoven could write another symphony with that material. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Iffin and Coulda, shoulda, woulda.......I could hear violins playing in the background as i read. Beethoven could write another symphony with that material. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Did monsterman99 get your password??? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Did monsterman99 get your password??? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Must have "Purple & Gold Man". This must be another one of those fans who are VERY JEALOUS of Union City. I feel so sorry for him...I mean them.

What you said about the coaches are right, If Union city had had Marty & Company back then, the trophy cases we have now wouldn't be near big enough.

What is the &%#) does Union City have to prove to these folks that they are for real and can kick anyones butt who gets in their way.

Prediction....Union city will wear down the Falcons and Humboldt will be their only other test until tournament time.

If Lake County has not much of a bench, they will be out of luck playing Union City this year.