Alcoa vs Goodpasture

Tornado89

Congrats to Alcoa and GP for making it this far again. Good luck to both teams come Friday night. I know Alcoa has the right to be cocky after what they did to us the past 2 years, but I think they might be in for a surprise this year.

Kendal Harper last week & Randall Cobb this week

Just like alcoachamp5 said Kendahl Harper is know Randall Cobb my friend. But you will get what you ask for a heavy dose of Cobb, Hodge, Toney, Robinson, Tyson, and last but not least Sam Thompson. That looks like the GP player is punching him in the back.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh, you can't base a team's season on ONE game, unless it's the one in the 'Boro!! Happens all they time and teams get up and push themselves to get better. Look at Pitt.

Here's hoping everyone, fans and players, will make it safely to THE game and home again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

duh, you think??? Who the heck is "Pitt"? Are you talking Gatlinburg-Pittman??? If so, I'll agree that they have pushed themselves to get better. All they need is a stronger schedule to be able to compete with the likes of Alcoa, CAK, DCA, Goodpasture.

History has a way of repeating itself.

GP fans:

What does Alcoa have to do beat GP?

Here's what GP must do to beat Alcoa:

Stop Cobb, Hodge, Robinson, Tyson, Toney, Thompson, and Warren. Be ready for Cobb to throw or run. Oh, and play the perfect game. That should just about cover it.

duh, you think??? Who the heck is "Pitt"? Are you talking Gatlinburg-Pittman??? If so, I'll agree that they have pushed themselves to get better. All they need is a stronger schedule to be able to compete with the likes of Alcoa, CAK, DCA, Goodpasture.

GP fans:

Stop Cobb, Hodge, Robinson, Tyson, Toney, Thompson, and Warren. Be ready for Cobb to throw or run. Oh, and play the perfect game. That should just about cover it.

Torando, I believe he is talking about the University of Pitt and their upset over West Virginia. He obviously does not understand that this is a highschool football message board and is a little confused. It doesnt matter what or who they bring on Friday, they dont know what they are in for. It is going to be awesome to see the mighty Tornadoes on that turf doing their thing. The speed that Alcoa plays with is on another level and this game will probably resemble the last 13 games and be over by halftime. It is going to be great to watch Cobb, Hodge, Toney, and Thompson on Friday. They will show GP what true speed is. I believe that Tyler Robinson could have a really big night as well. That turf will play into his favor. He runs really good routes anyways and on turf they will be even more crisp. I believe that GP will look like a 1a team with the lack of speed and coaching. It will be fun to see and I cant wait to bring home that fourth gold ball in a row. Alcoa 48 GP14.

Torando, I believe he is talking about the University of Pitt and their upset over West Virginia. He obviously does not understand that this is a highschool football message board and is a little confused. It doesnt matter what or who they bring on Friday, they dont know what they are in for. It is going to be awesome to see the mighty Tornadoes on that turf doing their thing. The speed that Alcoa plays with is on another level and this game will probably resemble the last 13 games and be over by halftime. It is going to be great to watch Cobb, Hodge, Toney, and Thompson on Friday. They will show GP what true speed is. I believe that Tyler Robinson could have a really big night as well. That turf will play into his favor. He runs really good routes anyways and on turf they will be even more crisp. I believe that GP will look like a 1a team with the lack of speed and coaching. It will be fun to see and I cant wait to bring home that fourth gold ball in a row. Alcoa 48 GP14.

O.K. we've established (after hundreds of repetitive posts) that Alcoa is the class of 2A and should beat GP. However, to say they "will look like a 1a team with the lack of speed and coaching" is a ridiculous statement. GP is a very good 2A team that beat several good teams in 2A and higher divisions this year, including Lipscomb who is in the 3A finals.

Just because you have a dominant team doesn't mean no other team is good. GP is a very good 2A team with speed and good coaching. Your statement is out of line and disrespects a good team that has accomplished a lot. Alcoa may beat them, but Alcoa could probably win the 3A title and may be the 2nd best team (behind Maryville) in 4A. Praise your team - they deserve it. But don't belittle everyone else just because they may not be able to beat you. This "we are good and everyone else stinks" attitude is classless.

O.K. we've established (after hundreds of repetitive posts) that Alcoa is the class of 2A and should beat GP. However, to say they "will look like a 1a team with the lack of speed and coaching" is a ridiculous statement. GP is a very good 2A team that beat several good teams in 2A and higher divisions this year, including Lipscomb who is in the 3A finals.

Just because you have a dominant team doesn't mean no other team is good. GP is a very good 2A team with speed and good coaching. Your statement is out of line and disrespects a good team that has accomplished a lot. Alcoa may beat them, but Alcoa could probably win the 3A title and may be the 2nd best team (behind Maryville) in 4A. Praise your team - they deserve it. But don't belittle everyone else just because they may not be able to beat you. This "we are good and everyone else stinks" attitude is classless.

Great post. They think it all has to do with coaching. You take Alcoa's coach and send him to Goodpasture and you will have 10 players playing the next level? I don't think so. It comes down to this, for every 1 good player goodpasture and most other 2A schools get, Alcoa gets 3. That is why they win so many games. Did Rankin win every year he was at Riverdale?

GP fans:

Well, Pitt happens to be the little ol college team Pittsburgh (5-7) that lost to Connecticut by a score of 14-34, Connecticut lost to #2 West Virginia by a score of 21-66. So, last Friday everyone said Pitt would be destroyed by WV because of a perceived "huge differential" in the scores between mutual opponents. Well, Pitt took #2 WV down by a score of 13-9. Hasta la vista WV - no national championship game - just the Fiesta bowl and a #9 ranking.

So, as my grandma used to say, "Don't count your chickens before they hatch!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Also, "Duck and cover when a tornado goes by - they're fast but they don't always hit what they aim for!" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Football is football - the underdog often has his day! No confussion about that, we've seen it from Pee Wee to NFL - it happens often. Never discount the will/spirit of the other team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Football is football - the underdog often has his day! No confussion about that, we've seen it from Pee Wee to NFL - it happens often. Never discount the will/spirit of the other team! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree Goodpasture can beat us. We better not take them lightly and I disagree with a-town1408 on this one. Goodpasture is probably a top 20 team in all of the state. They have proven that they are a team to be reckoned with. I understand where a-town1408 is coming from considering know one has given us a game but Maryville. They beat us pretty good but I think we are playing alot better right now. Soccerdad don't think every Alcoa fan feels that way. We know what can happen if we don't show up. We will lose if we don't play well but if we play like we are capable of. then I think we win. We still have one more game to prove we are the best in 2a. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> GO TORNADOES!!

I agree Goodpasture can beat us. We better not take them lightly and I disagree with a-town1408 on this one. Goodpasture is probably a top 20 team in all of the state. They have proven that they are a team to be reckoned with. I understand where a-town1408 is coming from considering know one has given us a game but Maryville. They beat us pretty good but I think we are playing alot better right now. Soccerdad don't think every Alcoa fan feels that way. We know what can happen if we don't show up. We will lose if we don't play well but if we play like we are capable of. then I think we win. We still have one more game to prove we are the best in 2a. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> GO TORNADOES!!

Absolutely agree!!! Coach Rankin will have the boys ready. They understand the stakes and who they are playing. Goodpasture is going to let it "all hang out" on Friday. Our kids must maintain their focus.

Somebody just tell Goodpasture to show up this year. I know i know every year i hear the same crap "GP is gonna show up" "GP is gonna bring it friday night" and every year they get their butts handed to them. Im really gettin tired of paying $7 to see a half of football. heck semifinals everyone that went to the Alcoa-DCA game saw a 38-0 contest....Not me i got there free in the 2nd half and saw a great 7-0 game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />