Smyrna vs. Independence

Bottom line everybody in coacht needs to no that SONNY GRAY DOES NOT LOSE... It seems like he always finds a way to WIN.

That reminds me of a QB a couple of years ago by the name of TC Jennings. Not saying one is better than the other because they both are great.

I agree that Smyrna has had a tougher road in getting here than Independence, due mainly to the fact that region 5 provides no competition to the best team in region 6 year in and year out (ex. Gallatin and Antioch this year). I will say that east Tennessee football in 5a is somewhat of a joke and west Tennessee football always seems to have a worthy team of making it to the championship game but cannot get past the region 6 opponent for whatever reason. So middle Tennessee does have the best overall talent out of the three sections of the state, including this year which is a down year in high school football at the 5a level by my account and many others.

No prediction on the game due to the fact that im batting .250 in the post season but could be a good one but could also be a little lopsided if the Tennessee commitment is not contained.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should not look at the state in 5A as west, middle and east. West has Regions 7 & 8 and they usually have 1 or 2 teams that are solid. Middle has Regions 3, 4, 5 & 6 (50% of 5A schools) and with double the odds, it is easier to win; middle usually has about 4-7 solid teams. East TN has Regions 1 & 2. There are usually about 3 good teams. The odds are stacked in Middle TN favor for sure. Further, the East bracket has Regions 2 & 4 and as of late, they have been tougher regions then anything in the western bracket. The eastern bracket beat each other up like the SEC. A great western bracket team can get through a bracket with less trouble and be a healthy team.

this years smyrna team is completely different from last years team. A lot more blue collar defense where different players make plays all night.

Smyrna just seems to find a way to win last night is a perfect example:

Smyrna 6 1st downs

Smyrna one offensive td

Smyrna no points and one 1st down in the second half

you would think they would have lost with those numbers. but---------------

THEY DIDN'T - they just refuse to lose in the playoffs and now counitng last years championship have won 9 playoff games in a row.

This is no dis respect to Independence I am sure they have a good defense but I can tell you they won't be as good as Beardens defense, they are the best I have seen since maybe riverdales in 2004 and they may be better then them.

This should be a great game and I think will be a lot more high scoring with the offenses both teams run plus that arena and field seem to suit Rod Wilks just fine.

All the haters just keep it up, we beat the best west team and you beat the best east team, so we both deserve to be here.

As much as the Smyrna offense is explosive, so is Indy's. Their balanced attack will be the difference in this game, but Smyrna will hang around. There is just no stopping Indy; Smyrna had their chance last year and now it's the Eagles' time to bring the ball home. There is no answer for Heckman, and this was evident last night as he led Indy on multiple drives down the field, shredding the defense and controlling the clock. Unless Smyrna has another amazing RB that can run a 4.2 or whatever, I just don't see them winning. But hey, I mght be wrong /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (I hope not though)

(Will save my prediction for later in the week, I'll let all the Smyrna crazies post their ridiculous scores first)

All the haters just keep it up, we beat the best west team and you beat the best east team, so we both deserve to be here.

As much as the Smyrna offense is explosive, so is Indy's. Their balanced attack will be the difference in this game, but Smyrna will hang around. There is just no stopping Indy; Smyrna had their chance last year and now it's the Eagles' time to bring the ball home. There is no answer for Heckman, and this was evident last night as he led Indy on multiple drives down the field, shredding the defense and controlling the clock. Unless Smyrna has another amazing RB that can run a 4.2 or whatever, I just don't see them winning. But hey, I mght be wrong /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (I hope not though)

(Will save my prediction for later in the week, I'll let all the Smyrna crazies post their ridiculous scores first)

this is like the pot calling the kettle black. you call people haters, then you hate. you make "ridiculous comments", then you want to call out other fans for ridiculous predictions. its your world dude, we're just here to crap on it.

this years smyrna team is completely different from last years team. A lot more blue collar defense where different players make plays all night.

Smyrna just seems to find a way to win last night is a perfect example:

Smyrna 6 1st downs

Smyrna one offensive td

Smyrna no points and one 1st down in the second half

you would think they would have lost with those numbers. but---------------

THEY DIDN'T - they just refuse to lose in the playoffs and now counitng last years championship have won 9 playoff games in a row.

This is no dis respect to Independence I am sure they have a good defense but I can tell you they won't be as good as Beardens defense, they are the best I have seen since maybe riverdales in 2004 and they may be better then them.

This should be a great game and I think will be a lot more high scoring with the offenses both teams run plus that arena and field seem to suit Rod Wilks just fine.

dont forget the 12 man for smyrna, the refs , good luck next week

[/quote

apparently smyrna is the only team that can over come adversity and win everybody the beat loses and whines.

Its a shame to see a group of kids over achieve and not a single person give them any credit

Its us against the world and we wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

apparently smyrna is the only team that can over come adversity and win everybody the beat loses and whines.

Its a shame to see a group of kids over achieve and not a single person give them any credit

Its us against the world and we wouldn't have it any other way!!!!

We must have some booster club. According to every team that loses to us, we paid the refs... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

82cat, where do we get all that money to hire our own traveling ref staff?

Champions win like champions and lose like champions.

Good teams don't let refs become a factor in their game plan. They play at a high enough level to factor out the humaness of referees.

GO BULLDOGS

By the way, more wallpapers coming soon.