Smyrna vs. Independence

http://www.storkmontgomery.com/Spotlights.aspx

those are high lights of some of our players.

whoever can get pass rush will win this game. period.

running game won't really be a factor, but goodness, pass rush will mean soooo much.

good luck Smyrna, I wanna have another state championship run guys, you really have earned it. Losing Day, Reuben, Crouch, James Williams, Antoine, Maceo, and many others. You have showed so much heart just be go into this game like any other game. You've been here before so you know what its like. Its not over til the clock is all 0's, just DONT remember that.

People, lets not say Sonny refuses to lose, THIS SENIOR CLASS refuses to lose in big games.

Look at them, ever since Middle school we've seen these kids grow up since some were 12.

Sonny is a heck of a QB and he will bring his A game as this may be his last football game ever.

I just can't see this class of 2008 losing this football game, too much heart. Its not all about heart, but when talent is even, as well as coaching, its all about heart.

This QB from Indy seems like the real deal, but he IS just a Sophmore.

Something I feel may play a factor is Indy is more of a Spread offense, so this is something Smyrna isn't as used to this play-off run.

I typed all this and its pretty much pointless because like I said

Pass-Rush will mean EVERYTHING, lets see if Sonny can scramble around like he did against the Ravenwood defense last year.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im must ask now. please keep this a classy thread (it is so far). The millington-Indy thread was 60 pages of trash talk.

Now the game. i have never seen symrna play, so no judging there. Indy is a team with heart and have worked extremely hard this year. this are the two teams that deserve to be here. should be an awesome game!

this is like the pot calling the kettle black. you call people haters, then you hate. you make "ridiculous comments", then you want to call out other fans for ridiculous predictions. its your world dude, we're just here to crap on it.

............Just read it, you'll laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last night was the best game of High School Football I have ever seen. Millington brought their run and we were not ready, I won't lie. However, against such an explosive offense, we kept our cool used what we learned in the first half and made those 15 yard runs turn into 3-5 yard runs. Scott Pettigrew is no doubt someone you never want to tackle unless you are coming from behind and going for the legs. Taking him head on is suicide and Millington knew this and defended the run fairly well. However, once again we took what we learned in the first half and used it making it harder for Millington to block the run and throwing it much more. Independence is not a one trick pony, and like some sort of super computer virus, they will learn, adapt, and prevail. Smyrna won last year, I'll give them that, but they better get ready for a team that can adapt on the fly and make the big plays happen. Not to mention our fan base. Our fans will shake the stadium with our chants and roars. We will never be quiet. Millington bragged about their fan base, but were shocked to see that the biggest rival crowd to ever come to their stadium lived 3 hours away. At 7-0 we cheered, at 14-6 we cheered harder, at 21-6 we increased our volume, and once it became 21-19, it was Indy's game due to the power we were running with, and Millington fell silent. Murfreesboro is only 30 minutes away, so you can only imagine what kind of thunder we will be bringing. Our fans never stop and neither does our team. Smyrna gets made fun of for having a 12 man team for paying off the refs. Well, that doesn't compare to Indy's 1000+ man team. I am expecting no less from the State Championship than what I saw last night. Both teams have come a long ways and had troubled beginnings. Both deserve to win and it could be either teams game, so no underestimating(you're wasting thought processing power), no trash talking(you're wasting precious air), and lets just make the last game of the season one to make everyone remember. GO EAGLES!!!!!

............Just read it, you'll laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last night was the best game of High School Football I have ever seen. Millington brought their run and we were not ready, I won't lie. However, against such an explosive offense, we kept our cool used what we learned in the first half and made those 15 yard runs turn into 3-5 yard runs. Scott Pettigrew is no doubt someone you never want to tackle unless you are coming from behind and going for the legs. Taking him head on is suicide and Millington knew this and defended the run fairly well. However, once again we took what we learned in the first half and used it making it harder for Millington to block the run and throwing it much more. Independence is not a one trick pony, and like some sort of super computer virus, they will learn, adapt, and prevail. Smyrna won last year, I'll give them that, but they better get ready for a team that can adapt on the fly and make the big plays happen. Not to mention our fan base. Our fans will shake the stadium with our chants and roars. We will never be quiet. Millington bragged about their fan base, but were shocked to see that the biggest rival crowd to ever come to their stadium lived 3 hours away. At 7-0 we cheered, at 14-6 we cheered harder, at 21-6 we increased our volume, and once it became 21-19, it was Indy's game due to the power we were running with, and Millington fell silent. Murfreesboro is only 30 minutes away, so you can only imagine what kind of thunder we will be bringing. Our fans never stop and neither does our team. Smyrna gets made fun of for having a 12 man team for paying off the refs. Well, that doesn't compare to Indy's 1000+ man team. I am expecting no less from the State Championship than what I saw last night. Both teams have come a long ways and had troubled beginnings. Both deserve to win and it could be either teams game, so no underestimating(you're wasting thought processing power), no trash talking(you're wasting precious air), and lets just make the last game of the season one to make everyone remember. GO EAGLES!!!!!

Seeing that the 'Boro is between 30 and 45 minutes away from most of the region 6-5A schools, I would encourage all of the fans from this region to come out and support the Eagles.

this is like the pot calling the kettle black. you call people haters, then you hate. you make "ridiculous comments", then you want to call out other fans for ridiculous predictions. its your world dude, we're just here to crap on it.

Sigh, the only point I was trying to make was that Smyrna posters are predicting blowouts, which is dumb. It's ridiculous. Both teams have high-powered offenses, so it will come down to D. And it will be close. My comments weren't ridiculous, they were realistic. I spent a week on the Millington boards reading blowout scores, I just don't want to read them in here this week. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Here's how these two stack up statistically.

Records

IHS: 11-3 SHS: 11-3

Offense

PPG: IHS-26.1 SHS-27.2

Rush Avg: IHS-154.1 SHS-116.6

Pass Avg: IHS-150.9 SHS-149.6

Defense

PPG: IHS-15.7 SHS-15.9

Rush Avg: IHS-149.1 SHS-143.5

Pass Avg: IHS-85.6 SHS-124.6

On paper these two look just about even. We're dealing with two explosive balanced offensive attacks. I think this game will be decided on the defensive side however. Whoever can best contain the playmakers on the other side of the field will come away with this game.

i just dont understand how this smyrna team "cant be beat," all that mumbo jumbo. maybe i feel that way just because smyrna has had as many losses this year as my team has had my 4 years in high school.

i say this, still while expecting smyrna to win. a passing attack like theirs is a rarity in high school football, it becomes extremely hard for teams to defend. smyrna has been taken out of their element plenty of times this season, but keep hanging on. but let it be known, smyrna is ANYTHING but invinceable.

congradulations to both independance and smyrna, i really dont feel either was a top 10 team but magic happens in the post season. both 11-3, gone are the days of the 15-0 juggernauts? i guess 5A in general, has turned into the SEC, which isnt bad from the excitment aspect. all comes down to the matchups, best team doesnt always win