Smyrna vs. Independence

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............Just read it, you'll laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Last night was the best game of High School Football I have ever seen. Millington brought their run and we were not ready, I won't lie. However, against such an explosive offense, we kept our cool used what we learned in the first half and made those 15 yard runs turn into 3-5 yard runs. Scott Pettigrew is no doubt someone you never want to tackle unless you are coming from behind and going for the legs. Taking him head on is suicide and Millington knew this and defended the run fairly well. However, once again we took what we learned in the first half and used it making it harder for Millington to block the run and throwing it much more. Independence is not a one trick pony, and like some sort of super computer virus, they will learn, adapt, and prevail. Smyrna won last year, I'll give them that, but they better get ready for a team that can adapt on the fly and make the big plays happen. Not to mention our fan base. Our fans will shake the stadium with our chants and roars. We will never be quiet. Millington bragged about their fan base, but were shocked to see that the biggest rival crowd to ever come to their stadium lived 3 hours away. At 7-0 we cheered, at 14-6 we cheered harder, at 21-6 we increased our volume, and once it became 21-19, it was Indy's game due to the power we were running with, and Millington fell silent. Murfreesboro is only 30 minutes away, so you can only imagine what kind of thunder we will be bringing. Our fans never stop and neither does our team. Smyrna gets made fun of for having a 12 man team for paying off the refs. Well, that doesn't compare to Indy's 1000+ man team. I am expecting no less from the State Championship than what I saw last night. Both teams have come a long ways and had troubled beginnings. Both deserve to win and it could be either teams game, so no underestimating(you're wasting thought processing power), no trash talking(you're wasting precious air), and lets just make the last game of the season one to make everyone remember. GO EAGLES!!!!!

wow so are they saying they got beat by a 12 man team. Dang they must stink then.

last year ravenwood came out with a hyped up crowd and where even calling for sonny and crouchs heads before the game. A hyped up crowd doesn't determine the outcome of the game because the players play not the fans. I hope everyone does come out hyped and crazy the more the merrier. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ooo, look's like it's time to pay a homeless person to storm the field in pregame and kick it out!

Just kidding. But that could be a problem. Does Smyrna have a decent backup QB in case Sonny gets hurt?

yeah a very capable junior.. kinda reminds me of brett farve and austin rodgers for green bay. very capable if you ask me

After seeing both teams play (and lose) earlier in the year against BA, I believe Smyrna will take the State Championship. Indy has a very young QB. Smyrna has too many weapons. I commend both teams in scheduling DII teams outside of their regional games. Playing the best teams you can find gets you to the big game in the long run!

After seeing both teams play (and lose) earlier in the year against BA, I believe Smyrna will take the State Championship. Indy has a very young QB. Smyrna has too many weapons. I commend both teams in scheduling DII teams outside of their regional games. Playing the best teams you can find gets you to the big game in the long run!

The QB is different for Indy now, and the offense and defense have both improved by leaps and bounds. Not to say Smyrna hasn't, but don't base your predictions off of a week 1 loss /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

mba was also our last scrimmage before week one. I agree that scheduling big teams helps you out in the long run.

remeber smyrna is 3-1 against willamson county schools the past two seasons.

Sigh, the only point I was trying to make was that Smyrna posters are predicting blowouts, which is dumb. It's ridiculous. Both teams have high-powered offenses, so it will come down to D. And it will be close. My comments weren't ridiculous, they were realistic. I spent a week on the Millington boards reading blowout scores, I just don't want to read them in here this week. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Indy's Offense is Good, and Im guessing its the pistol offense, If it is they run it better than Nevada.

Its Gonna be a great game.

OSK

The QB is different for Indy now, and the offense and defense have both improved by leaps and bounds. Not to say Smyrna hasn't, but don't base your predictions off of a week 1 loss /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'll be at the game pulling for Indy (my kids are zoned to Indy), but if you just go off weapons, Smyrna will be tough to beat......Gray, Bryson and Wilkes, just to name a few. They are also the defendiing 5A champs. Indy will sure make Williamson Co proud if they can pull this off! Think of all the teams from Williamson Co that have played in a championship.....Brentwood, Brentwood Academy, Franklin, Ravenwood and now Indy!.....Oh.....that is all since 2000! Williamson Co is by far the best county in the state of TN for football. Several DI 5A championships and one DII state championship in the last 7 years....