Smyrna vs. Independence

Ok we get it you think everything needs to be changed because your team gets beat fine. We Know. Nobody is as good as your team.

SHUT YOU MOUTH I AM SICK OF HEARING IT! We heard it last week and now this week. It is getting old. Stop complaining and show up on game nights and TCB. End of story.......

Great Job Dogs. We are proud of you.

I think that after last night, Smyrna clearly proved all detractors wrong. Nobody from Indy has, or will, take anything away from the Bulldogs. They are the best team in the state, bar none.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy actually matched Smyrna in yards and once they started to settle down defensively they gave them a game.

Unfortunately the score was all ready out of reach.

It was 33-0 at one point, but the final was 46-20. So we outscored them and outplayed Smyrna for 3 quarters. The first quarter just happened to be the worst quarter ever played by an IHS team this year. Tough loss to choke down, but hey we are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the state, as despite what everyone says about the East being loaded..they did not make it to the Big Game! So you can't be called a better team unless you make it, better luck next year Eagles! And congrats to Smyrna!

Congrats to Indy on a good year but you didn't outplay Smyrna for 3 quarters and you didn't match them in yards either. Indy had 42 yards at the half and finished with 255 for the game. Smyrna had 348 for the game. Congrats to the Bulldogs for pulling off the back to back.

Congratulations Smyrna! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sonny I will be sad to see you leave the program because you have been a joy to watch even when I was pulling for R'dale to beat you. Good Luck at Vandy and GET that degree! That is something no one can ever take away from you no matter how much money folks offer.

Guest workinprogress

I think its funny how ihavenofriendz gets on here and says the brackets should be switched. Ok ihavenofriendz lets put region 2 against region 4 in the first round. If your team gets by them will throw in region 6 for the semis. Good luck ever getting a gold ball from region 2.

Congrats SHS... You won the game and my respect!

I have no excuses to throw out... I dont like to make them anyway.

The only thing I would say to differ is, I think one of your D linemen deserved that MVP more than Wilks... but not trying to start anything.. they just seemed way more dominate in this game.

SHS won.. My team came in second.

But..

I'm so proud of that second place team I don't know what I could do.

I will look at that silver ball in the case every day second semester and be able to smile for all the fun Friday nights I was able to experience my senior year.

I can tell you.. the true IHS fans who know what they are talking about wont make excuses on this board... they will show you respect.. The ones who do come on here and talk.... we don't like them any more than you...

Coach U.. I hope you see this when I say.. Thanks for the great year!!! There is no other coach I would like to see lead the boys.. I loved listening to all those after game speeches this year! Keep up the good work.

To everyone else..

Dont take anything away from the Indy team... They got here, they never quit.....

Its been fun coach t!!!

Thanks

Clearly Smyrna paid the refs though. That's the only reason they're good, right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Of course *wink-wink*. No, hahaha Smyrna is an amazing team an deserved the big W. however TSSAA really needs to step up the reffing. many flags should have been thrown against both teams, many missed calls. the refs were terrible. but both teams had to play with the same refs and smyrna really showed why they were there and they left everything on the field. congrads smyrna and Great season indy.

Of course *wink-wink*. No, hahaha Smyrna is an amazing team an deserved the big W. however TSSAA really needs to step up the reffing. many flags should have been thrown against both teams, many missed calls. the refs were terrible. but both teams had to play with the same refs and smyrna really showed why they were there and they left everything on the field. congrads smyrna and Great season indy.

From what I saw, the refs weren't that bad. I thought they were much more competent than the refs in last week's game. Sure they were a little slow on their calls, and missed that one call that they called a completion when it wasn't (but hey, we all had an advantage because we saw the play on the jumbo-tron), but other than that I thought they did a rather fine job. They let the teams play, which is nothing more than you can ask for. Calling them terrible is going way to far, especially in comparison to the refs during the Millington game. No ref is ever going to call a perfect game, you definitely learn that when you're umpiring or refereeing any sport (I umpire baseball, so I can understand an "official's plight").

Also, don't expect TSSAA to address much of anything, I would venture to say that the refs during the Millington game are much more competent than TSSAA as a whole.