Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed comrads, the other thread got filled with bologni. Here, we can concentrate on the upcoming events at hand.

First off, I congrats to both teams (MHS vs. Maplewood) for making it this far. It is an honor. And nobody is safe ever during a game...that is why they are played. If the coaches or players at MHS begin to believe in their own hype, they will fall. However, I strongly doubt this will happen. But we do know when many of their own fans predicted that they would lose to Red Bank....we saw what it did to the players. Could the reverse hype have the same effect, which would result in MHS losing? Just a thought.

Secondly, I found some interesting facts about coach Quarles. After a co-worker of mine interviewed him for the State Championship Special, the man behind 59 straight victories proves to have some interesting techniques to staying grounded. Coach Quarles said that Yoga and Pilates (after hours) really helps clear his mind. He said, "The pilates keeps my abs in check while the yoga allows me to become one with my thoughts and my body. I didn't expect I'd say that, but for the last several years, it's really helped me." When Quarles was asked about the yoga giving him some kind of ESP for football as a joke, Quarles snickered and said that although "it's a silly idea, but I do feel as if I can see the field better and predict what the defense will do during most Friday nights."

p.s. You can read this article and more which will be on sale in Murfeesboro at the games!

Travel safe all

The DL

I'm not surprised by the Maplewood fans' (lack of) class - at least on this board. It's funny how on the board they get on here and provide not an ounce of insight into the actual game of football - instead they find it easier to bash another team full of teenagers. They're not all like this Maryville - I saw some congratulating Henry Co.'s players on a great season. Maplewood is a great team, but they don't stand a chance. Their iso & zone plays will get blown up by Maryville's speed and discipline & that's when they'll be forced to pass. They love the deep ball, and Maryville just doesn't give it up. On defense there will be a lot of jawing go on. They're too soft in the flats, but they swarm to the ball. They're very undisciplined against the PA pass though, so i expect Maryville to really bust them open deep. It might be close the first quarter, but I see Marville winning around 45-14. Maplewood - You guys have had a great season. If I'm right about yall losing, then I just hope yall lose with class. I don't see this as much as a problem except for a player or two I saw (won't name numbers). Good luck to both teams.

blah blah ..Maryville will be just as weak on the PA, they fear maplewoods run game... your run defense is soft so look for your guys to get busted deep . perfect setup for PA ... speed will make up for a lot of things, the zone is tight not many teams have broken it.... we will take whats open period ..the longer we have the ball ..the longer you dont ... your run game is weak and you will be forced to pass ..thats when it gets ugly for you guy.. you guys are hype ..and this maplewood team its coming out hitting ..and hitting hard!!!

blah blah ..Maryville will be just as weak on the PA, they fear maplewoods run game... your run defense is soft so look for your guys to get busted deep . perfect setup for PA ... speed will make up for a lot of things, the zone is tight not many teams have broken it.... we will take whats open period ..the longer we have the ball ..the longer you dont ... your run game is weak and you will be forced to pass ..thats when it gets ugly for you guy.. you guys are hype ..and this maplewood team its coming out hitting ..and hitting hard!!!

yeeeeaaahhh

thats what I'm talking about

Maplewood Handle Your Business

just like Ali Shock the World

There's so much wrong with your little rant...

- "not many teams have broken it" -- well not many teams have rattled off 59 in a row either

- we don't need the ball much. we strike as quickly as we want to. the less time you have the ball, the higher we've scored.

- we won't be forced to pass. we prefer to pass. you'd rather we run, trust me.

- hype doesn't win 59 in a row, never lose a game in your high school career, and contend for its 4th straight gold ball

You're about to experience the next level effect. About this time tomorrow you'll get introduced to the excellence required to win the big one. You'll be better off for it, but you won't be sporting a championship because of it...at least not this year.

There's so much wrong with your little rant...

- "not many teams have broken it" -- well not many teams have rattled off 59 in a row either

- we don't need the ball much. we strike as quickly as we want to. the less time you have the ball, the higher we've scored.

- we won't be forced to pass. we prefer to pass. you'd rather we run, trust me.

- hype doesn't win 59 in a row, never lose a game in your high school career, and contend for its 4th straight gold ball

You're about to experience the next level effect. About this time tomorrow you'll get introduced to the excellence required to win the big one. You'll be better off for it, but you won't be sporting a championship because of it...at least not this year.

we will see pappy la poo ... you bragging because ..youre a private school playing in a public school league right? you better be winning with all the talent you have went out and signed ... you think you are going to score quick we will see ..id rather you pass the ball because you cant run, you will see this d in action ..can you say int ...you going to be stuck passing to your RB lil screens ..quick curls ..quick flats 5 yarders ..nothing deep ..and maplewood needs to knock snot from your TE every snap ...see how good he is when he is on the ground ..and jam your WR's then what do you have? nothing but headaches .. they coming after of you so be ready ....you just yapping yo flappy pappy ..we all know you scared!!

we will see pappy la poo ... you bragging because ..youre a private school playing in a public school league right? you better be winning with all the talent you have went out and signed ... you think you are going to score quick we will see ..id rather you pass the ball because you cant run, you will see this d in action ..can you say int ...you going to be stuck passing to your RB lil screens ..quick curls ..quick flats 5 yarders ..nothing deep ..and maplewood needs to knock snot from your TE every snap ...see how good he is when he is on the ground ..and jam your WR's then what do you have? nothing but headaches .. they coming after of you so be ready ....you just yapping yo flappy pappy ..we all know you scared!!

My friend

"Better to be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I seriously doubt you are posting on here Sunday. And if you are it will be nothing but excuses.

My hat's off to Maplewood...y'all beat us in the end. Now go get Maryville!! At least we can say you won. Never know who will win...that is why they play. All of the negative that has been spread has been over board. I know of several boys that came by and spoke to me and my son on the field and were nothing more than greatful and fist class. We even had the head coach look up my boy and check on him. He also told me that nobody had handled #55 like he did. That is the good stuff...

GO MAPLEWOOD...we will take another run at next year!!

#67 HCHS center for West Team