Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm............

I did a little research on my own. From 02-04, Maplewood won a total of 3 games and magically started winning in 2005, especially when they should been there in 06 according to some people. Odd isn't it?

And what exactly is a "comprehensive high school" anyway? I found some links when I googled it and found the following:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Sounds to me like there is something fishy going on with this "comprehensive high school" and that is may relate to going from a perennial loser to winner overnight.........

The same way Maryville continues to be a powerhouse. Get players from all over. The difference is Maplewood doesn't charge tuition like a private school. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Maryville won state titles in 1970,1976 and 1978. They were runner ups in 1977 and 1979. At the end of the 70s Maryville had the most playoff wins and was tied with Alcoa and Loudon with 3 state titles since the playoff system started in 1969. 4 times in the 80s Maryville made it to the semifinals before losing. From the late 80s to the late 90s Maryville had some lean years. Since 1997 no one has dominated their class like Maryville has.

I AGREE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The same way Maryville continues to be a powerhouse. Get players from all over. The difference is Maplewood doesn't charge tuition like a private school. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I knew you'd comment. I was just hoping boski and friends would beat you to it. There goes my attempt at having some fun this week. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you think I honestly am going to use something like that as an excuse or worry, then you don't know much about me at all. Unlike yourself, I don't look for excuses or disadvantages, qualify a team's success, or cry about them endlessly. I take successful programs for what they are - successful, and admire them for it.

But you are right that the programs are similar. Sounds like they have a good coach that has built a good staff, that they have built a program, players and fans have bought it, and then everything else has fallen into place.

Reading all the private, recruiting posts made me think I clicked back on the Alcoa GP thread. Excellence breeds excellence and in the oppoisng teams case excellence also breeds contempt. I will be there cheering on the Rebels Saturday after watching Alcoa do their thing. MAryville wins because the coaches and players are competitiors and winners. They may not be big but they play big.

GO ALCOA

GO MARYVILLE

GO FULTON

East TN brings them home again.

Maryville City Schools is funded through federal, state, and local funds (Blount Co. and city of Maryville taxes). More than 95% of students attending Maryville High do not have to pay tuition because they are city residents or their parents own property in Maryville and pay city taxes. Nonetheless, TSSAA recognizes Maryville (and many other schools that charge tuition) as a Division I school (public) instead of a Division II school (private). Maryville is a public school. Maryville competes as a public school. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant to the discussion. Whether or not you think this is fair does not change the situation. The fact that Maryville charges tuition to non-residents or non-property owners does not make them a private school nor does it give them any advantage over a school that does not charge tuition. In fact, because Maryville charges non-residents tuition probably keeps a large number of students who would like to attend Maryville away because they can't afford the tuition. Very, very few of the student athletes at Maryville are tuition students. Maryviile does not waive its tuition fees. Maryville does not offer any tuition scholarships. There is no financial aid given to its student athletes. According to the TSSAA bylaws, these criteria are the determining factors of classifying schools as Division I or Division II for athletic compettition.

So Sherlock Boski have you figured out who broke the law yet, or are you just trying to stir stuff up? Your a real class act you dont see Maryville fans on here trying to stir stuff up with Maplewood fans do you? Hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of fame on a message board. Congrats on being state runner up.

yeah i do see them stirring stuff up ..go back read the post..and yeah i am trying to stir stuff up ..i always do.... thanks for the comp!! that was nice of you.. and im still trying to find those thugs!! ..and the guys will settle this on the field ..but in the mean time ..you got to deal with me ... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> .. im just picking at you ..you get mad about it ..so it must be some truth to it ... Congrats on being state runner up to you.. you deserve it more than we do!

Maryville City Schools is funded through federal, state, and local funds (Blount Co. and city of Maryville taxes). More than 95% of students attending Maryville High do not have to pay tuition because they are city residents or their parents own property in Maryville and pay city taxes. Nonetheless, TSSAA recognizes Maryville (and many other schools that charge tuition) as a Division I school (public) instead of a Division II school (private). Maryville is a public school. Maryville competes as a public school. Whether or not you agree is irrelevant to the discussion. Whether or not you think this is fair does not change the situation. The fact that Maryville charges tuition to non-residents or non-property owners does not make them a private school nor does it give them any advantage over a school that does not charge tuition. In fact, because Maryville charges non-residents tuition probably keeps a large number of students who would like to attend Maryville away because they can't afford the tuition. Very, very few of the student athletes at Maryville are tuition students. Maryviile does not waive its tuition fees. Maryville does not offer any tuition scholarships. There is no financial aid given to its student athletes. According to the TSSAA bylaws, these criteria are the determining factors of classifying schools as Division I or Division II for athletic compettition.

just out curiosity how many players are paying to go to school there.

your looking for more classy posters like feetinhiscrack i mean patsontheback

lol athomp ... these guys are nothing but haters .. dang ... how long are we going to have to listen to this

to all HCHS posters .. your season is over ... stop posting ...unless you are a plus member..

lol or you can do as athomp said .. jump on the bandwagon and go out a winner ..and not a whinner

maryville 56-7 and the only reason mappelwood scores is because maryville has third string in....and mappelwood got lucky to beat henry county because we had u beat but o well we know good and well maryville wins easily...is it fact or fiction that maryville is moving to 5A???

Go Big Red /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

lol athomp ... these guys are nothing but haters .. dang ... how long are we going to have to listen to this

to all HCHS posters .. your season is over ... stop posting ...unless you are a plus member..

lol or you can do as athomp said .. jump on the bandwagon and go out a winner ..and not a whinner

I don't beleive you have the right to tell anyone where they can post or not , I do not beleive that you are in charge of Coach T or it would already be shut down, Thank You