Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the coacht website Maplewood is Maplewood Comprehensive School not Maplewood High School-GO MHS RED REBELS!!!!!! i think murvil's special teams et offense is gonna be the difference makers-can't wait til saturday-Move them Chains!!!!!!!!

HEY SPANKY? ARE YOU THE MAN WHO SETS BEHIND ME (WITH YOUR WIFE) AT THE HOME GAMES YELLING MOVE THOSE CHAINS?

SURE HOPE SO. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE GAME SAT.

GO MARYVILLE

GO ALCOA

GO FULTON

AND YEAH, WHAT SPANKY SAYS...................MOVE THOSE CHAINS................

They have gangstas on their team? From what I witnessed at a Maplewood game, that team is full of nothing but ghetto thugs with no class at all, including the coaches.

man get out of here ...this has nothing to do with HCHS ... so C your way over to "MAYBE next year HCHS" forum ..if you cant find it then start it up ..im sure you and a few others have plenty to talk about .. you have no internet class ..youre a cyber bum!!

HEY SPANKY? ARE YOU THE MAN WHO SETS BEHIND ME (WITH YOUR WIFE) AT THE HOME GAMES YELLING MOVE THOSE CHAINS?

SURE HOPE SO. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE GAME SAT.

GO MARYVILLE

GO ALCOA

GO FULTON

AND YEAH, WHAT SPANKY SAYS...................MOVE THOSE CHAINS................

im going to make sure i sit next to him at the game ..and if he makes one sound ... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

man get out of here ...this has nothing to do with HCHS ... so C your way over to "MAYBE next year HCHS" forum ..if you cant find it then start it up ..im sure you and a few others have plenty to talk about .. you have no internet class ..youre a cyber bum!!

Call me what you want, but Maplewood is filled with poor morons with very small IQ's. That doesn't mean that all are that way, but the ones there Friday sure were.

I haven't posted anything all year but I am just tired to all these crybabies complaining about maryville recruiting kids. As a former student and player, I can honestly say that I have not met one single player who said the only reason he came to maryville was because of football. I have also done a research project for my college business class which required me to interview some members/faculty of MHS and I was told that maryville only accepts ONE (rarely more than one) tuition student per year. Their list is HUGE with kids (only a hand full of whom are athelets) who would like to attend but only the ones with the best grades get in. Because the maryville school system wants to be know for its academics and not athletics, they only accept the best of the best. ALSO, their grades (tuition students) get reviewed every single year and only once did a tuition paying student get rejected for another year at maryville because of his/her grades were bad. You wanna play football for maryville??? you better be smart. plain and simple. Unless you know anything about Maryville City Schools, have talked to the faculty, or are a member of the community, please keep your comments about our tuition students to yourself. As stated by another person on here, only about 5 kids do not actually live inside maryville city limits. One last comment, IF we do recruit players, I will be the first person to sign a petition to fire the person who recruits these undersized players. You can go back to whatever year you want to....lets say 1998 for arguments sake and compare weight, height, bench, squat,...whatever else you want to compare, and you will see that the #s have (overall) gone down. Maryville has a great "team" every single year because the players buy into the system that GQ and his assistants present to them. GQ can make any team a champion he wants to, right now...its the maryville high school rebels but hopefully someday it will be ______ University and I say hopefully because he deserves more than anyone to coach college football.

looks like you the only one ..who has seen this "research" that you made up ..where is the proof ... idont see it ...anyone else see it? nope ....how are people going to trust what you say when you come from the problem..its all a scam and your are part of it ...how much did they pay you to say that stuff? ..and thats 5 kids to many ...who do you think you are .. Brentwood Acad ...MBA ..you guys need to be in DIV I OR II ... and im sure its a huge list of kids ..and if you thought you could could get away with more ..you would try it...

MHS PUBLIC vs MHS PRIVATE in the 2007 High School Championship!!! WoW!!! thats hot right there!! ...im sellling T -Shirts at the game $9.99!!

you obviously have computers w/ internet access so find it yourself.

Historical Background

Maplewood High School opened its doors in 1956 to a community that had a long-standing desire for a school. It is located barely one-fourth mile east of Nashville??™s historic Dickerson Road and borders on Ellington Parkway on the west. The school faces Maplewood Lane from which it derived its name and sits on land once owned by Jere Baxter (1852-1904), a prominent Nashvillian who was both a strong supporter of public education and an entrepreneur. Where horse-drawn surreys and carriages once traveled down the lane to the home Maplewood, today, shiny automobiles and yellow school buses make their way on the same lane to Maplewood Comprehensive High School.

Maplewood originally opened with 13 teachers and 404 students enrolled in grades 7 and 8 and continued to increase with a grade each year. By 1961-62 the enrollment had reached 1468; that spring 84 students comprised of 51 girls and 33 boys were in the first graduation. The school grew rapidly because of the development of residential subdivisions including Gra-Mar, Hillhurst, Bellshire, Oak Valley, Shepherdwood, Kemper Heights, Haynes Heights, Haynes Manor, Parkwood, and Trinity Hills. In the meantime, zone changes and the construction of Ewing Park School also influenced enrollment. Another transition occurred when East High School was closed. In the spring of 2003, enrollment increased at Maplewood by nearly 300 students as a result of re-zoning two feeder schools. This re-zoning pattern still remains. In addition, a small English Language Learner student population was transferred from Maplewood to another high school.

At the beginning of 2005-2006, a guidance counselor, an attendance officer, and a social worker were new personnel additions. Other changes included a new head coach, a librarian, and two new assistant principals, one of whom had been a teacher at the school. Significantly, a new executive principal was welcomed, the eighth person to serve in this position in half a century had been assigned to Maplewood. The number and variety of trophies on display, the students who have received outstanding and unique recognitions as identified in the yearbooks, and the success of many of its graduates reflect a school environment that has enriched the lives of many students. More recently Maplewood has faced challenges, especially the graduation rate, not uncommon to some public high schools across the nation and will require much effort to overcome. Test scores indicate in some areas that progress is being made as the school moves forward and expects to show continued improvement.

Facilities

Maplewood High School is situated on nearly 47 (46.98) acres of gently rolling pristine acres and the close surroundings appear more rural than urban. Presently the two-story building with a lower floor (basement) underneath one wing has 566,280 square feet of floor area. Additions were made to the original building in 1959, 1960, 1970, and 1988. The second building, which is connected by a breezeway and referred to as the vocational addition, was built in 1978. This addition includes 55,505 square feet, and it was at this time that Maplewood High School became Maplewood Comprehensive High School. During the summer of 2006, extensive carpentry, masonry, and plumbing work has been done for the building to be in compliance with the American Disabilities Act.

Other characteristics of the building are a concrete foundation, flat roof, gas-fired heating, and fluorescent lighting. The walls, both exterior and interior, are primarily brick, concrete blocks, and some tiles. The total student capacity is 1500+, and the buildings have 33 restrooms, 25 water fountains, 54 classrooms, two gymnasia, cafeteria seating for 250, and auditorium seating for 450. The classrooms used for laboratories and/or work areas are designed to promote student hands-on activities and creative learning experiences. An inviting entrance, comfortable halls, a well-equipped clinic, adequate office space, a user-friendly spacious library housing an average of about 12 books per student, computer centers with 1 computer for every 4 students, and adequate parking facilities are among other amenities. During the spring and summer of 2004, a 3-COM NBX voice over Internet Protocol [telephone] system and Chancery, a student information system [computer] were installed. The main objectives are to improve and enhance school-wide communication, and to provide efficient parental access to pertinent information and student progress. Painting, some new carpeting, and cosmetic work have been done which greatly enhance the appearance of the facility. A new wall has been constructed between two classrooms that teachers believe to be most beneficial.

I almost forgot: GO RED REBELS

To paraphrase the late Lloyd Bentsen, I know Knoxville West. Boski, your Nashville team is not the calibre of West, much less Maryville.

To paraphrase the still living Mac Boski, I know Maplewood. Divercity, your Knox West team is not the calibre of Maryville, much less Maplewood.

Historical BackgroundMaplewood High School opened its doors in 1956 to a community that had a long-standing desire for a school. It is located barely one-fourth mile east of Nashville??™s historic Dickerson Road and borders on Ellington Parkway on the west. The school faces Maplewood Lane from which it derived its name and sits on land once owned by Jere Baxter (1852-1904), a prominent Nashvillian who was both a strong supporter of public education and an entrepreneur. Where horse-drawn surreys and carriages once traveled down the lane to the home Maplewood, today, shiny automobiles and yellow school buses make their way on the same lane to Maplewood Comprehensive High School.Maplewood originally opened with 13 teachers and 404 students enrolled in grades 7 and 8 and continued to increase with a grade each year. By 1961-62 the enrollment had reached 1468; that spring 84 students comprised of 51 girls and 33 boys were in the first graduation. The school grew rapidly because of the development of residential subdivisions including Gra-Mar, Hillhurst, Bellshire, Oak Valley, Shepherdwood, Kemper Heights, Haynes Heights, Haynes Manor, Parkwood, and Trinity Hills. In the meantime, zone changes and the construction of Ewing Park School also influenced enrollment. Another transition occurred when East High School was closed. In the spring of 2003, enrollment increased at Maplewood by nearly 300 students as a result of re-zoning two feeder schools. This re-zoning pattern still remains. In addition, a small English Language Learner student population was transferred from Maplewood to another high school. At the beginning of 2005-2006, a guidance counselor, an attendance officer, and a social worker were new personnel additions. Other changes included a new head coach, a librarian, and two new assistant principals, one of whom had been a teacher at the school. Significantly, a new executive principal was welcomed, the eighth person to serve in this position in half a century had been assigned to Maplewood. The number and variety of trophies on display, the students who have received outstanding and unique recognitions as identified in the yearbooks, and the success of many of its graduates reflect a school environment that has enriched the lives of many students. More recently Maplewood has faced challenges, especially the graduation rate, not uncommon to some public high schools across the nation and will require much effort to overcome. Test scores indicate in some areas that progress is being made as the school moves forward and expects to show continued improvement.FacilitiesMaplewood High School is situated on nearly 47 (46.98) acres of gently rolling pristine acres and the close surroundings appear more rural than urban. Presently the two-story building with a lower floor (basement) underneath one wing has 566,280 square feet of floor area. Additions were made to the original building in 1959, 1960, 1970, and 1988. The second building, which is connected by a breezeway and referred to as the vocational addition, was built in 1978. This addition includes 55,505 square feet, and it was at this time that Maplewood High School became Maplewood Comprehensive High School. During the summer of 2006, extensive carpentry, masonry, and plumbing work has been done for the building to be in compliance with the American Disabilities Act.Other characteristics of the building are a concrete foundation, flat roof, gas-fired heating, and fluorescent lighting. The walls, both exterior and interior, are primarily brick, concrete blocks, and some tiles. The total student capacity is 1500+, and the buildings have 33 restrooms, 25 water fountains, 54 classrooms, two gymnasia, cafeteria seating for 250, and auditorium seating for 450. The classrooms used for laboratories and/or work areas are designed to promote student hands-on activities and creative learning experiences. An inviting entrance, comfortable halls, a well-equipped clinic, adequate office space, a user-friendly spacious library housing an average of about 12 books per student, computer centers with 1 computer for every 4 students, and adequate parking facilities are among other amenities. During the spring and summer of 2004, a 3-COM NBX voice over Internet Protocol [telephone] system and Chancery, a student information system [computer] were installed. The main objectives are to improve and enhance school-wide communication, and to provide efficient parental access to pertinent information and student progress. Painting, some new carpeting, and cosmetic work have been done which greatly enhance the appearance of the facility. A new wall has been constructed between two classrooms that teachers believe to be most beneficial.I almost forgot: GO RED REBELS

Great job!!! thats a real public school ..does not say one word about kids having to pay to attend.. great school!!

Call me what you want, but Maplewood is filled with poor morons with very small IQ's. That doesn't mean that all are that way, but the ones there Friday sure were.

You my friend are a poor human being. I'm not going to result to name calling, but I will say that it is sad that you come on a message board and say things about kids you've never met in your life. So, let's chill with the insults and the name calling because in actuality, you wouldn't say any of that crap if you were in their presence. I won't use the broadbrush, as you have, and call all of the HC fans idiots. I've got a little more class than that. I hope one day you decide to grow up, for your sake.

To paraphrase the still living Mac Boski, I know Maplewood. Divercity, your Knox West team is not the calibre of Maryville, much less Maplewood.Great job!!!

Just another in a long line of pretenders, not contenders, is Maplewood. After Saturday evening, I'll be here waiting for the inevitable crow-eating fest.