Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

maryville 56-7 and the only reason mappelwood scores is because maryville has third string in....and mappelwood got lucky to beat henry county because we had u beat but o well we know good and well maryville wins easily...is it fact or fiction that maryville is moving to 5A???

Go Big Red /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IDK. Buts its a fact that you guys won't be playing Saturday because the team that spanked you are supposed to get wooped 56-7 going by the words of your mouth. how does that make you feel............... /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> LOL

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville 56-7 and the only reason mappelwood scores is because maryville has third string in....and mappelwood got lucky to beat henry county because we had u beat but o well we know good and well maryville wins easily...is it fact or fiction that maryville is moving to 5A???

Go Big Red /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

if you were that good you would being play saturday

note for this offseason learnto finish games and not cry on message boards

enjoy the game go maplewood /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

just out curiosity how many players are paying to go to school there.

I believe that answer (regarding football) is NONE. All current varsity members live in the City of Maryville. Some of the players moved from other areas into the City of Maryville (prior to enrolling in the 9th grade) from outside the City. The same thing happens in every public football jurisdiction in the state. If a players want to play for a certain school, parents just move to that school??™s jurisdiction. It??™s this simple, Maryville??™s on a roll and parents MOVE THERE to let their child play football for GQ and company. Moving happens all over that state whether by choice or job relocation, etc??¦it doesn't happen just in Maryville. Currently, Maryville is accepting no new tuition students??¦..and the system doesn??™t guarantee those who are there a place next year.

Coaching,Having kids that are dedicated,Community support are the biggest reasons Maryville is winning big right now.

Yeah. look at all those recruits on the BB Team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard the same thing about the basketball program after the BB finals.

Hang in there Maryville, When your the Big Dog there are always a bunch of mutes howling.

I don't see Alcoa on here screaming about Maryville stealing there D-! kids.

Dobbins Bennett is set up the same way as Maryville and I don't see folks crying about them. Why because they are down and Maryville is up. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I believe that answer (regarding football) is NONE. All current varsity members live in the City of Maryville. Some of the players moved from other areas into the City of Maryville (prior to enrolling in the 9th grade) from outside the City. The same thing happens in every public football jurisdiction in the state. If a players want to play for a certain school, parents just move to that school??™s jurisdiction. It??™s this simple, Maryville??™s on a roll and parents MOVE THERE to let their child play football for GQ and company. Moving happens all over that state whether by choice or job relocation, etc??¦it doesn't happen just in Maryville. Currently, Maryville is accepting no new tuition students??¦..and the system doesn??™t guarantee those who are there a place next year.

i didn't want any facts /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I don't beleive you have the right to tell anyone where they can post or not , I do not beleive that you are in charge of Coach T or it would already be shut down, Thank You

it was just a suggestion ..but if i was in charge ... lets say id put the ban .. in jo .. on u...

Face it Maryville is going down!!! just like Kenwood, Clarksville, Hillsboro and Henry Clowns!!

it was just a suggestion ..but if i was in charge ... lets say id put the ban .. in jo .. on u...

Face it Maryville is going down!!! just like Kenwood, Clarksville, Hillsboro and Henry Clowns!!

keep dreaming everybody keeps talking tuition players then when someone gives you the facts about it then you dont want to talk about it. its just like in Paris we have county schools and city schools for the k-8 if you want to go to a city school you pay tuition. duh

Just a thought.......

IF Maplewood was to pull off a win against Murvil. How will the Murvil nation react??????

They seem to know how to win.

Will they know how to lose?????

If Maplewood was to win we Rebel fans will congratulate them just like we did MOWest in 2003. I was listening to the Dewey Warren show the monday after Maryville lost that game. What I heard that day on the radio made me more proud to be a Maryville fan. I heard several MOWest fans call that show. They were happy about their win which they should be. But! What I liked more than anything was how they said that Maryville was by far the classiest team they ever seen. They said a bunch of Maryville fans congratulated them on their win. They talked more about how classy Maryville was than they did their own teams accomplishment. That right there is what its all about.

Maryville is a classy school run by classy people. Lynn Brown,Roger Murphy,George Quarles,David Ellis. Those are just a handful of very class people in that school. Ted Wilson taught us 40 or older guys the same thing that George Quarles is teaching them players today. You win with class and lose with class. Respect every opponent but fear none. Posters like Matback and pepvol can tell you all about Ted Wilson.

Well thus far we've got about 20 pages and it's almost entirely devoid of intelligent conversation. All we have is bickering between and among the schools from out west and the ongoing Maryville defense against the baseless accusations of ignorant haters. I really expected more from a state championship thread...

Let me try to raise the bar a little bit.

As I like to do, I've been crunching some numbers for comparative purposes. Here's what I've found:

Offense:

Maryville scores 36 per game.

Maplewood scores 25 per game.

Obvious advantage goes to Maryville to the tune of a touchdown (with a 2 pt conversion) and a field goal.

Maryville's average margin of victory is 22 points per game, while Maplewood's is 15. A single touchdown advantage to the Rebels.

Defense:

Maryville allows 13 points per game.

Maplewood allows 11 points per game.

Advantage to Maplewood to the tune of 2 points per game.

Strength of Schedule:

Maryville's opponents have a combined record of 91-68. The average schedule strength ranking of their opponents is 18. Coacht has the Maryville strength of schedule listed at 9.

Maplewood's opponents have a combined record of 94-66-1. The average schedule strength ranking of their opponents is 35. Coacht has the Maplewood strength of schedule listed at 6.

Some conflicting numbers there as my numbers seem to indicate that Maryville has played tougher competition and coacht's tell another story. I'll assume that he has done more work on it than I have and say that the ever so slight advantage goes to Maplewood.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more analysis and some possible trending information for discussion. In the mean time, the numbers suggest that it should be a closer game than many are predicting.

If Maplewood was to win we Rebel fans will congratulate them just like we did MOWest in 2003. I was listening to the Dewey Warren show the monday after Maryville lost that game. What I heard that day on the radio made me more proud to be a Maryville fan. I heard several MOWest fans call that show. They were happy about their win which they should be. But! What I liked more than anything was how they said that Maryville was by far the classiest team they ever seen. They said a bunch of Maryville fans congratulated them on their win. They talked more about how classy Maryville was than they did their own teams accomplishment. That right there is what its all about.

Maryville is a classy school run by classy people. Lynn Brown,Roger Murphy,George Quarles,David Ellis. Those are just a handful of very class people in that school. Ted Wilson taught us 40 or older guys the same thing that George Quarles is teaching them players today. You win with class and lose with class. Respect every opponent but fear none. Posters like Matback and pepvol can tell you all about Ted Wilson.

Great post RR!

I'll say this much...Maryville does not really know how to lose. BUT...they do know all about class and respect. Having a strong grasp on those character traits will carry you through a lot of difficult situations, losing included.