District 13AA

GCPioneer

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as how they have played this year, Grey over Poston, as she has played consistently all year. Milan would be nothing without her.

GC Butler and Griffen come to mind, buthey have done it more as a team with others contributing than just 1 or 2 people.

Rechis Swaim combo a good one, but still a year away, becasue of inexpeienced team mates.

Cupples got off to a slow start, but has come on strong .

Light, McLin under acheived.

Roney, Fussell although Fussell was leading the way scoring, etc. it was because she has a strong supporting cast.

My vote would be between Roney & Grey, then Poston.

Chantel Poston will take 13AA MVP. With her being the focus point on that team just makes her that much better. She is the most athletic player in our district and the best player in our District. This District is loaded with talent from top to bottom and the whole District has more players up and coming in the District. For the next 2 years you have Butler and Griffin from GC, Swaim and Rechis from Martin, Fussell and Reedy from Obion Co.. A player to listen for within the next couple of years is still in Jr. High but definately one of the best Jr. High PG's that I've seen in Jr. High this season and that being Megan Porter from Spring Hill, Yorkville. To think of the Gibson Co. team within the next couple of years and the possibility of us dropping to 1A is a VERY VERY scary thought! I'm liking what I see, I know that's for sure!

As far as how they have played this year, Grey over Poston, as she has played consistently all year. Milan would be nothing without her.

GC Butler and Griffen come to mind, buthey have done it more as a team with others contributing than just 1 or 2 people.

Rechis Swaim combo a good one, but still a year away, becasue of inexpeienced team mates.

Cupples got off to a slow start, but has come on strong .

Light, McLin under acheived.

Roney, Fussell although Fussell was leading the way scoring, etc. it was because she has a strong supporting cast.

My vote would be between Roney & Grey, then Poston.

Saw where Roney had 3 points against CC other night not MVP numbers,Gray has played well,Rechis took it to her twice 22 and 21.Posten can not be stopped when she starts dancing and is in the game scoring and rebounding.

The only reason Roney had 3 points is probably because she didn't play but 2 minutes of the game due to blowing Crockett Co. out. Someone said at one point the score was like 51-4 or something I heard. Obviously OC and GC made their statements at wanting to be #1 in this District and forcing it to a coin toss. OC blew out Crockett and GC blew out a solid Dyersburg team 73-31. Maybe our girls are getting hot at the right time!

Does anyone have a schedule for this weeks tournaments for each night?

No doubt Poston has the most talent but she is not even the MVP of Milan. IMO Gray is clearly the MVP this year for the Bulldogs. . At the first of the year I assumed Roney would be District MVP and she is still my favorite player in the district, but my vote, if I had one, would go to Gray for District MVP based on what I have seen.

Guest nwtnsports

Does anyone have a schedule for this weeks tournaments for each night?

Monday, Feb. 11

Gibson Co. vs. Crockett Co., 6pm

Milan vs. Dyer Co., 7:30pm

Tuesday, Feb. 12

Westview vs. Dyersburg, 6pm

Thursday, Feb. 14

Obion Co. vs. Westview/Dyersburg winner, 6pm

Gibson/Crockett vs. Milan/Dyer Co., 7:30pm

Saturday, Feb. 16

Consolation, 6pm

Championship, 7:30pm

No doubt Poston has the most talent but she is not even the MVP of Milan. IMO Gray is clearly the MVP this year for the Bulldogs. . At the first of the year I assumed Roney would be District MVP and she is still my favorite player in the district, but my vote, if I had one, would go to Gray for District MVP based on what I have seen.

I have to agree with you, Gray is the MVP. She is the engine that makes Milan go and had few games where anyone could slow her down. Roney is a close second, and one of the District's best overall players. Her numbers were down this year, due to injuries and the additional offense from Fussell (which just makes OC stronger). Rechis is a great player, and if Westview was competing at the top of the District, I would have to consider her as well. We all know Poston has MVP talent, but did not perform on the court near her abilities. My top ten ranking in order:

#1 Gray - Milan

#2 Roney - OC

#3 Rechis - Westview

#4 Fussell - OC

#5 Butler - GC

#6 Poston - Milan

#7 Cupples - DC

#8 Griffen - GC

#9 Swain - Westview

#10 Crockett County (cannot remember her name)