hampton v/s unicoi

bulldog2000

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok well that may be true but if im not mistaking Unicoi was up at the half was they not?? if we was watching the same game then they was and you sayin the refs didnt have anything to do with Hamptons win makes me wonder if we really was watching to same game...

We were watching the same game.... again the ref's did not change the game. I know of two blocking calls that were ridiculous. One time our freshman, Hughes, was set for at least 3 seconds and run over and a blocking call was made???? I am not complaining though about the officiating. I honestly believe Unicoi got the majority of the calls though. Again, you guys have a great team. Hampton beat a great team tonight. Give credit were credit is due. Hampton has a good team and was the better team tonight.

Got to love it Dogtruth. They may just be pretty good when the football boys get in basketball shape. Ihear Hampton has 2 pretty special freshmen. That Wark kid is going to be a good football player,Wish the Hughes kid would play also, I bet he would make a good receiver and defensive back.

I agree Pujo, the Hughes kid would be an great football player. The Ward kid is going to be special too. Two fantastic freshman. Good kids too. Great Students.

We were watching the same game.... again the ref's did not change the game. I know of two blocking calls that were ridiculous. One time our freshman, Hughes, was set for at least 3 seconds and run over and a blocking call was made???? I am not complaining though about the officiating. I honestly believe Unicoi got the majority of the calls though. Again, you guys have a great team. Hampton beat a great team tonight. Give credit were credit is due. Hampton has a good team and was the better team tonight.

well if you would read my first post i believe i said that hampton played good did i not? and we couldnt shoot a lay up without gettin smacked all over the place and nothin was called...for example #11 Cameron Miller (best player in the conference) would drive and get killed by 2 or 3 players at a time and nothin was ever called on them but if #34 Freddie Lyle had his hands straight up and blocked Hamptons shot it was a foul no matter what so dont even try to say refs had nothin to do with this cause i dont blame them and i am this time so it had to be bad

well if you would read my first post i believe i said that hampton played good did i not? and we couldnt shoot a lay up without gettin smacked all over the place and nothin was called...for example #11 Cameron Miller (best player in the conference) would drive and get killed by 2 or 3 players at a time and nothin was ever called on them but if #34 Freddie Lyle had his hands straight up and blocked Hamptons shot it was a foul no matter what so dont even try to say refs had nothin to do with this cause i dont blame them and i am this time so it had to be bad

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. The Miller kid is a great guard BUT was out of control many times tonight. Give credit to our defense. The defense went to a 1-3-1 in the second half to stop miller's penetration and it worked. He got in trouble trying to penetrate. Coach White made a great adjustment during the half to take Miller out of the game.

I agree Pujo, the Hughes kid would be an great football player. The Ward kid is going to be special too. Two fantastic freshman. Good kids too. Great Students.

Hampton seems to have alot of really good kids,the football team was the best bunch of boys I've ever been around. Its fun to pull for kids like that. I don't care how good you are at anything if you can't do it with class. Its easy to pull for Hampton.

To me, this looks like another typical Unicoi County year: Run through the conferance cause there are only 2 other teams in the entire district that can even play (C-D and Mountain City), have to go to the wire, or even get beat, when the play 1A teams. Then choke in the post season when they play a good team.

Hampton seems to have alot of really good kids,the football team was the best bunch of boys I've ever been around. Its fun to pull for kids like that. I don't care how good you are at anything if you can't do it with class. Its easy to pull for Hampton.

I agree. We have some great kids at Hampton. Good students with great work ethics and good attitudes. We are fortunate.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. The Miller kid is a great guard BUT was out of control many times tonight. Give credit to our defense. The defense went to a 1-3-1 in the second half to stop miller's penetration and it worked. He got in trouble trying to penetrate. Coach White made a great adjustment during the half to take Miller out of the game.

im not goin to disagree with that at all Hampton did a GREAT job at stopping Miller but you cant say he didnt get killed on some of his drives and yea he lost control some but nobody is perfect and he tried to carry his team like a leader should do but he is only a Junior so ya'll will see him at least 3 more times the first being January 14th so we will just see how things go when ya'll come to the Devil Den and im not tryin to dis Hampton in any way i thought they played a good game but there were some calls that should have been called on Hampton and there might have been some that should have been called on Unicoi but i think there was alot more that should have been called on Hampton but it dont matter cause we can argue back and forth all night and its not goin change the score so we will just have to wait and see how things go when ya'll come to Erwin Good Game Hampton

To me, this looks like another typical Unicoi County year: Run through the conferance cause there are only 2 other teams in the entire district that can even play (C-D and Mountain City), have to go to the wire, or even get beat, when the play 1A teams. Then choke in the post season when they play a good team.

ok your goin sit here and dis Unicoi County when ya'll haven't played another challenge besides us and your goin say your better than us and that Hampton really has people in their district that can play?? HAHA thats a joke ya'll might as well play people in wheelchairs and are blind ya'll play NOBODY!!!

ok well that may be true but if im not mistaking Unicoi was up at the half was they not?? if we was watching the same game then they was and you sayin the refs didnt have anything to do with Hamptons win makes me wonder if we really was watching to same game...

like dogtruth I definately thought that Unicoi got the majority of the calls. when a bunch of us went to eat, we were talking about how we had to beat Unicoi AND the refs. HAHA, I guess both sides will always think they screwed by the refs...

who is gonna be starting do you think? I thought lipford played pretty good in the 3rd quarter

I'd say for a while it will be Hughes, Lunceford, Bentley, and James for sure. Right now I would say Lipford over Milhorn but that will prolly change. It might change again when Irick gets back in about 3 weeks...

im not goin to disagree with that at all Hampton did a GREAT job at stopping Miller but you cant say he didnt get killed on some of his drives and yea he lost control some but nobody is perfect and he tried to carry his team like a leader should do but he is only a Junior so ya'll will see him at least 3 more times the first being January 14th so we will just see how things go when ya'll come to the Devil Den and im not tryin to dis Hampton in any way i thought they played a good game but there were some calls that should have been called on Hampton and there might have been some that should have been called on Unicoi but i think there was alot more that should have been called on Hampton but it dont matter cause we can argue back and forth all night and its not goin change the score so we will just have to wait and see how things go when ya'll come to Erwin Good Game Hampton

First of all, I want to again say that Unicoi has a great team. Coach English has done a fantastic job with your program. However, yes, we will argue all night long about the referees. It was BAD both ways, however the refs did not make an outcome in the game. If we hit our free throws down the stretch, we win by ten or more. Your guys handchecked wayyyyyy tooo much. If the refs called the fouls they were supposed to AND we hit out free throws, it wouldn't have been close. I agree with you on one thing... Let's stop arguing... we'll see you on Jan 14th, when we have had time to get our football players into basketball shape!