Fulton vs. Lipscomb GAME THREAD

hosak

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both coaches, to me, have made terrible decisions, as far as the special teams go. Lipscomb should have kicked a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down, they have one of the best kickers in the state. Now Fulton, with over 8 min to go decides to go for it on 4th down instead of punting. Very interesting.

Now Fulton just jumps offsides when Lipsomb is getting ready to punt. Fulton is not very disciplined. Lipscomb has made them jump a few times on 4th down. Lipscomb has a chance to put this away if they protect the football.

Fulton got jobbed on the 4th down spot. Cobb got loose and got hit at the 48 and fell back to the 47 and the linesman was out of position and spotted where he fell at the 47. That linesman has been out of position a lot.

Fulton doesn't have anymore toes because they shot them all off...Lack of discipline on the line helped DL march down the field. DL won this game and Fulton beat themselves. Great season Falcons I was pulling for you.

Fulton, although not as clearly as usual still had the better athletes. I have never been a big fan of the private schools but I will give credit where credit is due. DL displayed a wonderful showing when it comes to playing their butts off and winning w/ class. I have watched these guys the last few years and win or lose they have always shown respect and great sportsmanship towards their opponents w/o taunting and helping them up after the play. My hat is off to Coach Mcadams(spelling?) and his staff as they have done an outstanding job w/ those young men. That was one hard-hitting game.

For the record I could not care less about the whole east, middle, and west bs, if my team is not in it, it really doesnt matter to me. However all of the posters from the east like to run everyones nose in it whether they have a team still in it or not. For this reason I am glad DL won, not b/c they are middle but b/c they are not an east team. Congrats once again DL, that was a well earned title.....

Fulton jumped off-sides on the FG that gave DL a first down and eventually a TD early in the game. The Falcons also jumped off-sides on a 4th & 5 play when the Mustangs were going to punt the football back over to them in a 24-18 game.

Just because the Mustangs do that "pop up" stuff on their special teams does not mean that the football has moved. Fulton's players either did not clearly get the memo throughout the week last week or they just weren't taught by their staff that DL would do this.

In the semifinal game Mitchell was very well prepared and never jumped off-sides when DL tried their "pop up" stuff on special teams. It cost Fulton 12-POINTS in yesterday's game at least and this number could be 15-POINTS. DL got 7 when they would have been fortunate to get 3 early in the game. DL got 8 late in the game to put the nail in the coffin when they would have had to punt the football to Fulton in a 24-18 game late in the fourth quarter.