Alcoa Best team you played?

APSU310

Alcoa High School Fans and Players....I want your opinion on the way that 2A did the seeding this year. Do you feel that it fell out so you were playing a better team each week? Who in your opinion was the best 2A team you faced this year all the way to the Gold Ball?

Congrats on 4 in a row!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa High School Fans and Players....I want your opinion on the way that 2A did the seeding this year. Do you feel that it fell out so you were playing a better team each week? Who in your opinion was the best 2A team you faced this year all the way to the Gold Ball?

Congrats on 4 in a row!

i would say cak might have been able to play us in the championship if they were in the other side.

I agree...CAK definitely gave us the most competition. One big thing is that they actually believed they could beat us. They had the confidence to beat us, and gave us 1 good quarter both times we played them.

IMO, the top half of the bracket wasn't seeded correctly: CAK should've been #2 in the top quarter, but I guess they couldn't have been because they were #2 in their district. Taking that into account, they really should've been #3, but because they had 2 losses they were #4 with Cumberland Gap (2nd in Region 1) being #3. Strength in schedule should have something to do with that, their losses were to us and to Webb. Comparisons:

CAK: strength rank: 11

Cumberland Gap: strength rank: 16

CAK Schedule Rank: 22

Cumberland Gap: Schedule RanK: 55

That's really the only complaint I have. I just feel that CAK got a bad shake out of out. They definitely could've gotten in one more round.

APSU310: Thanks for the congratulations!

HANDS DOWN.................................CAK is the #2 2A team in the state. If Gatlinburg-Pittman had a defense to match it's offense, I'd say they would be close to CAK. I'd put Gatlinburg-Pittman and Loudon tied for 3rd. Goodpasture 5th.

I would like to add my two cents worth if I may. I've seen it said several times that CAK or Sweetwater or whoever would win the region with DCA, CPA and Goodpasture. I don't think that would be the case. Teams from all areas got their chance to derail these teams, and the only sucessful one was Alcoa. The teams mentioned (CAK and so forth) are coached specifically to beat Alcoa, right? The other teams are coached to win their region and only face Alcoa in the championship round. I don't believe you can correctly compare the two. I can say from personal experience that DCA did not look like their normal team when they played Alcoa, and that makes a huge difference. When teams face them on a yearly basis, they will be coached to beat Alcoa, when teams only face them in the championship series, they are coached to win their region. Alcoa makes all teams in their region stronger, but don't get carried away, just because they play Alcoa to a closer loss doesn't mean much to the other regions... By the way, DCA would probably be no. 2 this year, due to their victory over Goodpasture. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I would like to add my two cents worth if I may. I've seen it said several times that CAK or Sweetwater or whoever would win the region with DCA, CPA and Goodpasture. I don't think that would be the case. Teams from all areas got their chance to derail these teams, and the only sucessful one was Alcoa. The teams mentioned (CAK and so forth) are coached specifically to beat Alcoa, right? The other teams are coached to win their region and only face Alcoa in the championship round. I don't believe you can correctly compare the two. I can say from personal experience that DCA did not look like their normal team when they played Alcoa, and that makes a huge difference. When teams face them on a yearly basis, they will be coached to beat Alcoa, when teams only face them in the championship series, they are coached to win their region. Alcoa makes all teams in their region stronger, but don't get carried away, just because they play Alcoa to a closer loss doesn't mean much to the other regions... By the way, DCA would probably be no. 2 this year, due to their victory over Goodpasture. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well, although I know what you mean I have a different take on it. If a team is coached to beat Alcoa then they are apparently coached to stop talent, and deal with great game plans. I don't care if they are coached to stop Alcoa, that means they can play the best team in state closer than anyone else and IMO they are #2.

Well, although I know what you mean I have a different take on it. If a team is coached to beat Alcoa then they are apparently coached to stop talent, and deal with great game plans. I don't care if they are coached to stop Alcoa, that means they can play the best team in state closer than anyone else and IMO they are #2.

Match-ups are everything in HS-football and just b/c a team may match-up better w/ Alcoa than Goodpasture does, does not nessicarily mean that they match-up good w/ GP.....

Moxem I can appreciate your comments, however you must admit the facts. CAK was better than anyother team we played. They could throw it better than any team we played. The formula to beat Alcoa is balanced on offense and stop the big play on defense. CAK was the only team that did either one. Hence they were #2 best 2A team. Don't take it so personel your region was second best this year. I think our 4th and 5th best teams in our region could win a few other regions. I'm just basing my opinion on what I saw this year in 2A. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Moxem I can appreciate your comments, however you must admit the facts. CAK was better than anyother team we played. They could throw it better than any team we played. The formula to beat Alcoa is balanced on offense and stop the big play on defense. CAK was the only team that did either one. Hence they were #2 best 2A team. Don't take it so personel your region was second best this year. I think our 4th and 5th best teams in our region could win a few other regions. I'm just basing my opinion on what I saw this year in 2A. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Could it be that they didn't look like their normal team because Alcoa was ready for them and threw them off??? CAK would do the same thing, IMO.

Alcoa was clearly the better team, having said that, doesn't mean any other team would be. Any team that plays Alcoa every year, should play a better game against them than one that does not. Doesn't make them better in other regions, just theirs.