Alcoa Best team you played?

APSU310

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa Tornado Football is number one and widening the gap. Congratulations to Coach Rankin and his staff, the players, (most of which will return) and the fans - who know football. CAK will get better and better and still will be a longshot to beat them. One thing for sure is that the Warriors do believe. They know that they don't have to be better, just play better at 7:30 on Friday.

CAK would beat Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, York, Smith Co., & Tyner. No doubt in my mine.

Not seen enough from the west to make predictions........................................

They would have to get farther in the playoffs to make that claim. I don't know if they are the 2nd best team or not, I just know it didn't end up that way. Maybe next year they can find a way to get to the semis at least, then you can claim how great they are. Till then, doesn't wash. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

They would have to get farther in the playoffs to make that claim. I don't know if they are the 2nd best team or not, I just know it didn't end up that way. Maybe next year they can find a way to get to the semis at least, then you can claim how great they are. Till then, doesn't wash. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Huh, CAK plays in the SAME region as Alcoa!? With this stupid 2A play-off system they had to play Alcoa in the 2nd round.

The point is if they had been in the west bracket, CAK WOULD have made it to the championship game. PERIOD!

The ONLY "TILL THING" is: Till the west TN teams quit getting steam rolled by middle TN teams (Peabody/Goodpasture), and middle TN teams quit getting steam rolled by East TN teams (Alcoa35/Goodpasture3).........You just have to take "Our claim" here it East TN! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Now wash that! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CAK would beat Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, York, Smith Co., & Tyner. No doubt in my mine.

Not seen enough from the west to make predictions........................................

I would like to see CAK play all those teams and come out with all victories. It is impossible to tell how good a team would match up with another team just by looking at a common opponent. Look at region 5. CPA put DCA away by 16, DCA beat GP 35-28, and GP beat CPA twice. We would have to see an actual matchup between CAK and one of these teams to really know who would prevail.

HANDS DOWN.................................CAK is the #2 2A team in the state. If Gatlinburg-Pittman had a defense to match it's offense, I'd say they would be close to CAK. I'd put Gatlinburg-Pittman and Loudon tied for 3rd. Goodpasture 5th.

GP very well might have had that defense for the games other than Alcoa and the 2nd Cumberland Gap game. In those games, they were missing 3 defensive starters including their two leading tacklers. I know you didn't get the chance to see those players, but I think GP could give CAK a run for their money with a healthy defense.

Alcoa Tornado Football is number one and widening the gap. Congratulations to Coach Rankin and his staff, the players, (most of which will return) and the fans - who know football. CAK will get better and better and still will be a longshot to beat them. One thing for sure is that the Warriors do believe. They know that they don't have to be better, just play better at 7:30 on Friday.

Doesn't CAK go to 3A in 2009?

your reasoning is way off base considering that Goodpasture has been practicing all year with the hope of playing Alcoa in the finals. Their gameplans each week was to win with the goal of getting to the state to play one team...Alcoa. Face it the two best teams in your region only adds up to 3 points when facing the F5.

It is no secret I am a CAK fan. I watched Alcoa all the way through the playoffs and I will agree that matchups make the difference. I was really more interested in...did the competition get tougher as Alcoa advanced through the playoffs. Sure teams can have off nights. But the physical part of it, was Goodpasture more physical, faster, coached better. Their is no way for the system to be perfect due to travel time and expiences. The best way would be to do like a BCS rating using AP, Murphy Fair, A couple of other rating systems and have 1 play 32, 2 play 31, 3 play 30....so forth until you get to the Championship game. I like the fact that every region game means so much....every night of the regular season counts, I would hate to loose that.

I believe nothing compares to FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS....It brings communities, schools and people of all classes together in hopes that "Their" team will pull it out.

I am not sure CAK would match up well with Goodpasture, Webb ran the type of offense that Goodpasture ran and CAK had trouble with it. I wasnt trying to justify that. I do think that CAK's offense when it is clicking can be very explosive and their defense is solid. CAK doesnt have the speed to keep up with Alcoa....Speed is the great equalizer!

Just wanted to see if you think the new system was good or bad!

How is Cobbs backup? I know you all are solid at all other postions, just wasnt sure how the QB position looked.

The best way would be to do like a BCS rating using AP, Murphy Fair, A couple of other rating systems and have 1 play 32, 2 play 31, 3 play 30....so forth until you get to the Championship game.

How is Cobbs backup? I know you all are solid at all other postions, just wasnt sure how the QB position looked.

Be careful there...We ALL know how the AP and Murphy Fair coddle the middle TN teams. If they put out a poll tomorrow for the 2008 season, they would find a way to put Goodpasture #1.

If we went to a system like that, all Davidson Co. 2A schools would be top 8 and hosting all the way to the finals.

As for Alcoa QB, I guess Chase James would be the front runner this minute. Austin Tallent will battle for some playing time, but Chase is more like Cobb. He has some experience and a good arm and can run with it as well. Logan Sharpe is another name to throw out there for playing time.

And CAK was the best team not named Maryville thet we played this year. They were very balanced.