Dyer Co. @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

choctaw,

Thank you for the advice and no I wont be betting on any of the games. When I predict a score it is all in fun. Dyer County is playing in one of the hardest districts in Tennessee so things are going to get alot tougher the next part of the season. Dyer Countys 9-0 record has everyone excited and I understand why. Noone will go without a loss or two in this district. In my opinion Dyer County is playing for the #3 or #4 spot in the district but who knows. When you have teams like Obion, Milan, Gibson County, Westview & Dyersburg and Dyer County its a tough district. To make it out of the district would be a great season for Dyer County or anyone. Dyer County is catching a mad Milan team after last night so I wouldnt be surprised to see tem take another loss Friday night.

I wasnt at the game but GCPioneer goes to all of them and knows what he's talking about. Its going to be a long tough season for everybody..

Hey it's all in fun for me as well ! No offense intended nor taken ! D.C. has the blessing / curse of being in one of the toughest Districts in basketball & baseball & Regions in football. Tough siuations make for stronger programs though & that's what we all strive for ! It appears that D.C. is making strides in most every arena toward being competitive. So naturally I like many other former Choctaws (players) & Choctaw supporters am excited about the progress being made. It really wouldn't be much fun to watch without competitive opposition. The basketball District has been an "Any given night" situation for years if not decades. But your statement about a mad Milan team swings both ways................. I wouldn't say that the Lady Chocs will be very happy goin' into the Milan game either. Should make for some GREAT watchin' ! I will not make predictions on this or any other contest (just an old superstition of mine) but it will be a test of character & resolve for the Lady Chocs to bounce back from the loss at the hands of the Lady Pioneers.

GO LADY CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!

GC had periods where they went to sleep against DC's press and DC did a great job handling GC's press. Griffin had a great game in the post and was in my mind the most consistent the whole night. The guard play around Butler was a little shaky at times but Huey knocked down some shots early that mad DC have to come guard her. All in all a district win is a win but GC has got to play better when they go to Newbern.

This game was down to the wire as I thought it would be. I've seen both teams play this year and the Lady Choctaws will not take anyone by suprise this season. DC is for real and Coach Stafford has one of her more experienced teams

since taking over at DC. The Lady Pioneers proved they are among the elite in 2A and want that 13AA district title. Others teams in this district will have to step up their games and get hungry when they play GC /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Only the 2nd district game for these teams and the atmosphere in the gyms already feels like mid-Febuary /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I just read the stats on this game on Jackson Sun Online. Who is this Felica Huey and where has the wizard been keeping her? From what I read she sounds like one solid player 3 three buckets? Guess the wiz has more than we know?????????????

Felicia Huey came out HOT last night! Had 11 points in the first quarter hit 3 3's and a lay-in...Not sure how many she ended up with but she's very good and that's for sure...She's normally one of the first subs in off the bench and plays very well!

Gibson Co.'s scoring is so even...In last nights game JennaLee Pate (Senior) had 8, Heather Butler (Sophomore) had 19, Heather Griffin (Sophomore) had 15, Jeniqua Jennings (Junior) had 10, and Felicia Huey (Senior) had 11....We do have a star on the team in Butler but it really does not show all that much...Maybe a run at the 'boro this year!?

jimbo...5$ says you can't guess who Coach McMillan had on his bench last night! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

jimbo...5$ says you can't guess who Coach McMillan had on his bench last night! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Was it the Ghost ???? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BOO!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Lt Dan????

Phil Jackson???

Jim Brown?? (All the gold....In Jackson Co...Is in a bank.....in the middle of Gainsboro...........)

Red Auerbach??

Dorothy and Toto??

Coach K??

Hayburner??

Van Attas??

The ghost was in the rafters, trying to figure out the potion......

I bet she was purty......

I give...who was it?

Don't tell me that HeavyD was there....he does have an office close by..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />