Obion vs Milan

sls

Obion vs Milan a great match up of 2 teams that get it done in different ways.

Obion loaded with great shooters in all 5 positions. Milan has 2 great scorers and some others that pickup all of the garbage that is left. Milan is more athletic and overall faster and quicker. Obion is more fundamental and, like I say can shoot the rock.

Gray has been the total show, so far for Milan. Her intensity has set the pace. Poston has only shown up for one full game (Lexington) so far. When she gets it in her mind to flip the switch, she is unstoppable and a pleasure to watch.

Roney a true leader has shooters to kick to all over the court. Fussell is a great young athlete with a bright future. Both teams go about 6-7 deep. This should be a game of who sets the tempo.

For OC to win 1) must hit a lot of 3's. 2) must have less than 10 turnovers 3) must win rebound stat

For Milan Poston must come to play all night, must play up tempo, must rebound, have 10 or less turnovers, cut off OC 3's,

PS A great battle to watch will be 35 for OC ( name slips my mind) and Glenn for Milan. Good inside battle.

A loss by OC, could put the reg. season district title in question, so early in the year, with so many tough games left, a loss for Milan, just puts them in the pack with all others.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC shoots the ball Better at home which will be a plus coming into this one. On of the major factors will be can the Lady Rebel guards contain Gray and make her give up the ball. Posten will get her points but the OC D needs to make sure she works hard for them. Look for the Lady Rebels to match up more defensively, pack things in and see if Milan can make some outside shots.. If this strategy is the case- look for this to be a rather low scoring contest, we're talking low to mid 50's.. Tempo will be key as I don't see Milan running with the Lady Rebels /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> yeah, the popcorn will be ready!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If OC wants to run, make no mistake, Milan will run with them. Running does a few things, it opens the floor up for OC's spot up shooters, 2) it opens the floor up for Gray and Poston to use their athletic ability. RUN,RUN Rudolph

Do ya'll have the supersize bags like Dyersburg??

If OC wants to run, make no mistake, Milan will run with them. Running does a few things, it opens the floor up for OC's spot up shooters, 2) it opens the floor up for Gray and Poston to use their athletic ability. RUN,RUN Rudolph

Do ya'll have the supersize bags like Dyersburg??

Please explain, what supersize bags???????

Thanks GFF, just as I was /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" hoping!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By supersize I mean those oversize bags of popcorn served @Dyersburg.. YUM

I think Milan takes this one by at least 10... Milan is quick and will be able to close on Obions shooters... Also Poston shows up for this one, im not even sure she played a full game against Lexington lol i think when we turn on the espn next year and watch Purdue Poston will be playing on an entirely different level with intensity we havent seen from her yet this season, some might say well DUH to that but i have yet to see her really get after it and she still looks way better than most everyone on the court lol not to say that the rest of the team isnt good because they are great.

GO DAWGS

I think Milan takes this one by at least 10... Milan is quick and will be able to close on Obions shooters... Also Poston shows up for this one, im not even sure she played a full game against Lexington lol i think when we turn on the espn next year and watch Purdue Poston will be playing on an entirely different level with intensity we havent seen from her yet this season, some might say well DUH to that but i have yet to see her really get after it and she still looks way better than most everyone on the court lol not to say that the rest of the team isnt good because they are great.

GO DAWGS

We all know that Poston has the talent, but rarely shows up for a whole game. The catalyst for Milan, however, is Gray. She is the creator and the hardest match up. Key for OC is getting the ball out of Gray's hands and putting her in a position where she has to force things.

Milan is indeed a very good team, and Poston and Gray are for real. However, I think OC will come into this one more than ready to play. The loss to GC Friday night, was not pleasant for this bunch. It's still VERY early, but OC cannot afford to drop the first two district games, and I don't think they will, OC in a good one. BE THERE!!!!!!!

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!