Smyrna vs Maryville

JDC

This is a thread of people that can prove nada! I am sure that if Smyrna and Maryville played, it would be a heck of a game. Here are a few games to consider:

Maryville 20 William Blount 19

Bearden 30 William Blount 0

Smyrna 17 Bearden 14

I know games can be played at the top of a teams play level or they can have an off night. This conversation is a waste until Maryville moves up; and they will. Make no mistake, Maryville is a contender at any level.

Like pepvol said above you can't compare scores. Not to take anything away from Bearden. They were a great team. But! I would bet my house William Blount put more into that Maryville game than any other game this season. William Blount would rather beat Maryville than any team on earth. I watched the Bearden/WB playback. The score was 10-0. WB had Bearden backed up 3rd and long around the 10 yd line. Bearden threw a bomb for a close to 90 yds. WB quit after that play.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAMP5, YOU ARE A TRUE PLAYER. MARYVILLE WOULD TAKE THEM. THEY ARE NOT THE STRONGEST

THEY HAVE EVER BEEN BUT I WOULD PUT GQ AND COMPANY UP FOR THE WIN. NO DOUBT.

I ALSO BELIEVE THAT ALCOA'S TEAM THIS YEAR (AA SCHOOL) AT THE END OF THE SEASON COULD TAKE SMYNRA. A (5-A) TEAM.

RANKIN AND CO. HAVE REALLY SHOWN THEY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, AND CAN PUT IT TOGETHER.

CONGRATS TO ALCOA BY THE WAY. YOU GUYS LOOKED GREAT LAST FRIDAY NITE.

HAVE NOT SEEN A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM LOOK SO GRAND.

KUDOS TO MARYVILLE AND ALCOA.

Maryville whipped Alcoa at the beginning of the year and now people think that ALcoa is better than MBA, BA, Smyrna, and a lot of other elite 5a teams. I am confused, that does not make much sense.

Maryville whipped Alcoa at the beginning of the year and now people think that ALcoa is better than MBA, BA, Smyrna, and a lot of other elite 5a teams. I am confused, that does not make much sense.

When will people learn? Just because you're a 5a school doesn't mean you have the better athletes or team, just more students! Maryville did whip Alcoa, but don't think that the game wasn't close for most of the game. GQ and Co. just pulled away, there's not many teams in the state that can whip Alcoa and that's in any classiification!!

When will people learn? Just because you're a 5a school doesn't mean you have the better athletes or team, just more students! Maryville did whip Alcoa, but don't think that the game wasn't close for most of the game. GQ and Co. just pulled away, there's not many teams in the state that can whip Alcoa and that's in any classiification!!

I am not bashing Alcoa because i think they are in the top ten in the state i just do not think they are number 2.

not a single player on this years riverdale team had anything to do with those 4 rings and not a single player from this years riverdale team will graduate with a championship ring. In poker paralance they have a bust for a hand not a single playable card.

the only way they will see a current ring is to ask a smyrna player to see his----

and then he would get the answer "which one" /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

smyrnas play off record last 2 years 10 and 0

riverdale 3 and 2

THE! SMYRNA BULLDOGS BACK TO BACK 5A STATE CHAMPIONS!

I think we may have a winner in our "Comeback of the Year" Award. This one might even be hall of fame material.

Smyrna and other 5A teams are too physical for Maryville, I believe that WC could hang with Maryville if not beat them. Yes they are good in 4A but 5A is a whole different ballgame. Maryville doesnt have a tough schedule at all.

My Prediction:

Smyrna: 34

Maryville: 14

Hehe, thank goodness our little ol boys don't have to play against such manly men .... In 2009 when we're forced to quit hiding in 4A we may just have to give up on football !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Smyrna and other 5A teams are too physical for Maryville, I believe that WC could hang with Maryville if not beat them. Yes they are good in 4A but 5A is a whole different ballgame. Maryville doesnt have a tough schedule at all.

My Prediction:

Smyrna: 34

Maryville: 14

Three things will happen when Maryville moves up to 5A with the ( BIG BOYS ) in 2009. A LOT of coaches in 4A are going to be very happy, A lot of coaches in 5A are going to be unhappy and Maryville will play the last game in Murfreesboro on championship Saturday in December.

Untill that takes place, there will be many threads on CoachT talking about how Maryville is lucky, they play down, they play nobody, they need to play out of state, they cheet, they recruit, they allow tuition students to play, they couldn't win with Maryville players only and BLA BLA BLA BLA.

Enjoy your 2007 Gold Ball Smyrna, you had a great year. If Smyrna plays Maryville in 2009 and you beat us, we will tip our hat to you and say good game but we will not lay down to any 5A school just because you are the BIG BOYS.

As long as GQ and his staff are at Maryville, we will be competive in any game we play and you can deposit that in the BIG BOY BANK!!!!!

Rebel9

For the sake of conversation. No complaints with the current structure but would there ever be any interest in creating another division regardless of classification or somehow create a way to have games after the classification state championships but still keep the total number of games at 15 which is alot already. I know this does not directly apply to the topic but like a NCAA D1 play-off there is no other way to determine who the best team is regardless of classification. 5A is always going to consider themselves the best and everybody below 5A says classification doesn't matter. IMHO I will go with the latter! Classification does not determine the best football programs it is an indicator of enrollment. With that said, this year I would pick SMYRNA over ALCOA but MARYVILLE would be a pick'em. Take those three plus RIVERDALE, MBA, BA, and there is the start of a new division. Pick four more and call it the "Tennessee BIG TEN". WOW!

For the sake of conversation. No complaints with the current structure but would there ever be any interest in creating another division regardless of classification or somehow create a way to have games after the classification state championships but still keep the total number of games at 15 which is alot already. I know this does not directly apply to the topic but like a NCAA D1 play-off there is no other way to determine who the best team is regardless of classification. 5A is always going to consider themselves the best and everybody below 5A says classification doesn't matter. IMHO I will go with the latter! Classification does not determine the best football programs it is an indicator of enrollment. With that said, this year I would pick SMYRNA over ALCOA but MARYVILLE would be a pick'em. Take those three plus RIVERDALE, MBA, BA, and there is the start of a new division. Pick four more and call it the "Tennessee BIG TEN". WOW!

That sounds like the High School version of the College BCS game. The teams that play 5 playoff games already effect the basketball team at their school. I don't see it happening but it makes for good conversation.

That sounds like the High School version of the College BCS game. The teams that play 5 playoff games already effect the basketball team at their school. I don't see it happening but it makes for good conversation.

As said, keep the total number of games 15! I thought travel would be a concern but teams already have to travel during the season. Other states have something similar Ex. South Carolina "BIG SIXTEEN"! 9 I take it you are a maryville fan. I am not a maryville fan but I love watching them play and IMO they are the best year in and year out regardless of classification. I would think maryville would be in favor.

As a Maryville fan I would be in favor of that or something like that but please call it something besides the BIG TEN. another thing to consider is how you pick the teams because someone is going to get left out that thinks they are better. to the fan that siad smyrna would beat Maryville because they are too physical I think whatever you are toking on is against the law, I'm not saying MHS would win but you make it sound as if smyrna would line it up and run it down our throats and that amigo just aint gonna happen.