Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

CAP1.....I respect your analysis of our team, but we actually only had two players ready for varsity. Cameron Trent, although a GREAT kid, was not physically ready for Varsity contact. He and his parents will tell you that. He needs to gain about 20-30 pounds to effectively dominate the paint with his size. He's only a sophomore. That is why teams worked a triangle-n-two against us the second half of the season or concentrated on just Bennett and Cradic. We even tried to get other players involved and changed up the offense, but the other players did not step up to the challenge....btw.....that is the one factor you used that exemplified our season. No one stepped up. What is promising is that there ARE players that CAN use this off season and get better to be able to compete next year. It starts NOW for us. Immediately after the game, there was an AAU coach talking to a couple of our players about playing this spring. I am a BIG fan of AAU for our kids to get better, given the right AAU program. I am not going back and forth on this issue, but will say that I have the actual stats to back up my claim to inexperience. I look for Cameron Trent to be a big force next year. He knows what he needs to do. I also expect Cody Moore (sophomore) to be a big part of our team along with Bennett at guards. I will have more time this off season to work with the guards. IF you remember last year, we started four guards (Cradic, Bennett, Mauk, and Browder), and anyone of them could get hot. You could not gimmick defense us. This year we did not have anyone but Cradic and Bennett to give us an offensive punch. I totally agree with you that it seemed like the players just gave up down the stretch. When you expect a certain level of play and don't reach it, it becomes tough to keep the motivation, which are coaches' responsibilty. As a coach, I take full responsibilty for our downfall. I, personally, was not able to be at practices, and we lost a good coach and friend in Brandon Reid, now with Greeneville. Hopefully, I will be able to be around more to help, especially the guards. GOD BLESS and good luck tomorrow!!!!!!

Stoke??¦I can??™t disagree with anything you said and strongly agree with most. It sound like you have a more educated two cents than I do anyway in many areas??¦Volunteer Falcons being one, but that doesn??™t stop me from putting mine in (I??™m sure I don??™t have to tell you that) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> . I didn??™t really disagree with your first post??¦I just thought it was a slight copout. IMO there is still a team in the hunt that was lest equipped than the Falcons were this year??¦but you couldn??™t convince that other team of that. Heart and determination can make up a lot of ground, and I??™ve heard many say you can??™t teach that??¦but you CAN coach it. With that being said??¦Coach Dyer IMO HAS to be considered for Coach of the Year this year.

Speaking of Coach Dyer??¦we play the Patriots tonight to see who has to open up the Regional with (more than likely) Greeneville. I??™m hoping this third time will be the charm. This is the postseason match-up that I personally have been hoping for because if I could put my finger on losses that the Vikings ???dropped the ball??? on it would be the second game against East and the first against Volunteer.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about east and th going up agaist the other district. i don't see any of the big 9 gettting beat. i know east gave sh a hard game the last 2 times and th gave db a good game. like you said i think any of the 4 teams from the big 9 can beat the other. i just hope the refs let the teams decide the outcome!! which has been different from everybody that has been beat this year!!!!

I totally agree with that statement!!!!!!!! I hate to say it??¦.but when I see a certain official line up to work our games this year I know its going to be a long night for the Vikings. He was real instrumental in the last game against East and he did all he could to take the last game with Central. He makes blatantly bad calls and looks up at our ???hagglers??? and smiles as if trying to send them (us) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> a message. I hope he knows the only message he??™s sending is that he??™s not worthy of his whistle, and he??™ll probable be refereeing youth rec leagues on Saturdays next year. All of these games are recorded and while there is no replay on game night, there is on the day after the game??¦and the day after that, and the day after that??¦. I??™m thinking of putting together a highlight film for him and sending it to the TSSAA!! That should hook him and his boss up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I see what you are saying, i didnt think about it that way before. Just a thought, what about them making the revenues equal for the first games and then whoever advances split them equally through the rest of the tournament. Or something similar to that.

There are those that would and do argue the revenue sharing aspect because it is without a doubt that DB and Science Hill draw more fans to these tournaments on average than do the rest of the conference. If you were to share the revenues from tournaments, the fans from DB, SH, and TN High would basically be contributing to the athletic departments of schools such as Crocket, Boone, South, and Volunteer who generally do not bring many fans and may or may not make it past the 1st round.

I totally agree with that statement!!!!!!!! I hate to say it??¦.but when I see a certain official line up to work our games this year I know its going to be a long night for the Vikings. He was real instrumental in the last game against East and he did all he could to take the last game with Central. He makes blatantly bad calls and looks up at our ???hagglers??? and smiles as if trying to send them (us) /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> a message. I hope he knows the only message he??™s sending is that he??™s not worthy of his whistle, and he??™ll probable be refereeing youth rec leagues on Saturdays next year. All of these games are recorded and while there is no replay on game night, there is on the day after the game??¦and the day after that, and the day after that??¦. I??™m thinking of putting together a highlight film for him and sending it to the TSSAA!! That should hook him and his boss up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Are we trying to get some calls? lol. Sad, sad, sad ,sad.

Are we trying to get some calls? lol. Sad, sad, sad ,sad.

Are we trying to get some calls? NO??¦WE would just settle for some CORRECT CALLS??¦on both sides!!!! When an official does his/her job correctly??¦9 times out of 10 when you look back at the game you won??™t even remember what he/she looked like. With officials everyone wants a good one, but they only time you want to know who they are is if they are constantly scr@wing up games. Like a short order cook??¦you want that steak cooked just right, but could care less who the cook is unless he scr@ws it up!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To the Vikings...let's get-r-done!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> To the Patriots...you're goin down tonight!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> To the Indians and Hilltoppers may the best team win. I feel comfortable with either representing the Big 9 as our #1 seed!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I am out of the radio's reach and usually listen to DB from the www.tricitiessports.com link through am 1320 or am 1400. The link is gone now from tricitiessports. I have tried to find a link directly from the respective stations with no luck. Anyone know another way to listen on the net?

Go to WHCB 91.5fm website, they have a listen online button on their homepage. I still think Tom Taylor is doing it there. Also, WXSM 640 has their website and is broadcasting all Big Nine games tonight. Hope that helps!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!

http://www.whcbradio.org/

http://www.640wxsm.com/

I am out of the radio's reach and usually listen to DB from the www.tricitiessports.com link through am 1320 or am 1400. The link is gone now from tricitiessports. I have tried to find a link directly from the respective stations with no luck. Anyone know another way to listen on the net?

1320 Usually carrys DB basketball and they have a listen live link on their home page at

http://www.wgoc.com/

I don't know for sure that they will broad cast it because I've never listened via tha link before but the link does seem to carry their regular broadcast. Give 'er a try and see.

Good luck.