Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

After the Whittemore quote in Kingsport Times about how if he was a player he wouldn't allow 3 straight lay-ups,I hope Central doesn't have a breakaway layup tonight.

I think Central and East both pull off an upset tonight.

Its a good night for the Sullivan County boys.

And now we have this gem on Tricitiessports.com after last night's loss to Central:

???Our defense is like dog p--- that you can smell before you see it,??? said the Falcon??™s head coach Todd Whittemore. ???If I had a knife I would probably be on a suicide watch."

Come on it's just a football..uh I mean basketball game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />...aint it? Strange character. I'll be there Friday night to see the next chapter in the saga /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now we have this gem on Tricitiessports.com after last night's loss to Central:

???Our defense is like dog p--- that you can smell before you see it,??? said the Falcon??™s head coach Todd Whittemore. ???If I had a knife I would probably be on a suicide watch."

Come on it's just a football..uh I mean basketball game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />...aint it? Strange character. I'll be there Friday night to see the next chapter in the saga /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Coach Whitmore is definitely...different (for lack of a better word) and his comments were "juvenile" at best. But...if you can get past his verbiage you can see how passionate he is about his team and the game, and he is usually able to motivate his team to play up to and beyond their talent level. From only seeing the box scores and from seeing both teams play THS I have to come to the conclusion that; to loose with Cradic scoring 19 and Bennett scoring 13 Volunteer must have had a complete defensive meltdown as Coach Whitmore alluded to! Maybe we can make a deal with the Falcons. We can give Coach Whitmore lessons in media educate, and in return he could show us how to get a team fired up and motivated to play. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I'm curious to know if anybody outside the Cougar den would think that this was anything but an "upset".

Coach Whitmore is definitely...different (for lack of a better word) and his comments were "juvenile" at best. But...if you can get past his verbiage you can see how passionate he is about his team and the game, and he is usually able to motivate his team to play up to and beyond their talent level. From only seeing the box scores and from seeing both teams play THS I have to come to the conclusion that; to loose with Cradic scoring 19 and Bennett scoring 13 Volunteer must have had a complete defensive meltdown as Coach Whitmore alluded to! Maybe we can make a deal with the Falcons. We can give Coach Whitmore lessons in media educate, and in return he could show us how to get a team fired up and motivated to play. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I'm curious to know if anybody outside the Cougar den would think that this was anything but an "upset".

I would put Coach W. and yourself on the same level. No, I am wrong about that, Coach W knows basketball, "you Don't". When Vol or TH loses, it's all about your team didn't play well, or the officials, or the coach in your case. How about giving the other team a little credit. You will never see him or yourself do that. The score doesn't even compare on how lopsided the game was. Central outplayed Vol. in every phase of the game. Central's losses earlier in the year is a combination of inexperience and bad shooting. But, there has been a lot improvement from game to game.

Volunteer did not play their normal game, you know the undercutting and such. Cleanest game I have ever watched Volunteer play. Maybe thats why Whittemore was so upset.

After all your posts you have the gaull to call say what someone else says is "juvenile"... Learn how to speak "VERBAGE" before you try to spell it! Maybe we could teach you a lesson on learning to admit anytime that your team has lost.. without all of your excuses! Go ahead and bring up the past.. we did this in "58, 60'. 64', 72' 76' etc... This is a world of what have you done for me today not yesterday!

Volunteer did not play their normal game, you know the undercutting and such. Cleanest game I have ever watched Volunteer play. Maybe thats why Whittemore was so upset.

WOW what cheap shots can people come up with next? We did not play any defense at all last night. It is not normal for us to play with undercutting and such as you say. If you truely want to know, Whitt was upset about the total lack of defense played. We gave up so many layups and just WIDE open three point shots. With the lack of emotion showed by our team, the coaching staff could have beaten us. Central is tough to beat at thome, especially when they get the looks they got last night. About the giving up three straight layups......I played for VanHuss and he said much more if we gave up ONE uncontested layup without putting that player on the line and making him earn it from the free throw line. We gave up four and-ones, no hand in the face of three point shooters and got beaten down the court on several occasions for layups. It wasn't the cleanest game, it was a game with NO emotions played. Maybe that's what you want them to play like, but it is not worth anybody's money to see a game that was a blow out after midway of the second quarter. We talked after the first game of the Arby's about playing with emotion and pride after we gave up several DUNKS. I played all four years at DB and we only gave up one dunk. I still remember who....Marty Story in the Arby's Classic after we were up by 25 and the bench players got some time. We won by 20 points but was so upset that we gave up that dunk. Now that's playing with determination and emotion, but now it's okay and fashionable to let teams show-boat and dunk on you. Central may not have had any dunks, but they did show-boat and have their way with us last night. Hightop.....you are not totally correct in that Central outplayed us in every phase of the game. We were even on rebounding, almost even on FG%, we had a better free throw %. We gave up seven three's and Central shot twice as many free-throws. We also had five more TO's than Central. Also, Whitt does give credit to the other teams for outplaying us. The comments last night was just frustration and to keep from blowing a fuse, you sometimes have to say something "Whitty". He complimented DB on just plainly being on a different level than us. He complimented TH's coach and players for usually being the smarter team, even though we won the game. Please don't pick out one or two areas to support your theories of Whitt making excuses of why we lost. The HARD FACT is that we did not play ANY defense. You could probably make a three or two with the open looks Central got against us. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS..... Central has one of the best student sections I have ever witnessed. It reminded me of my hay-day and the student support of our team. Great job to the Central Student Section!!!!! It has become a lost art.

WOW what cheap shots can people come up with next? We did not play any defense at all last night. It is not normal for us to play with undercutting and such as you say. If you truely want to know, Whitt was upset about the total lack of defense played. We gave up so many layups and just WIDE open three point shots. With the lack of emotion showed by our team, the coaching staff could have beaten us. Central is tough to beat at thome, especially when they get the looks they got last night. About the giving up three straight layups......I played for VanHuss and he said much more if we gave up ONE uncontested layup without putting that player on the line and making him earn it from the free throw line. We gave up four and-ones, no hand in the face of three point shooters and got beaten down the court on several occasions for layups. It wasn't the cleanest game, it was a game with NO emotions played. Maybe that's what you want them to play like, but it is not worth anybody's money to see a game that was a blow out after midway of the second quarter. We talked after the first game of the Arby's about playing with emotion and pride after we gave up several DUNKS. I played all four years at DB and we only gave up one dunk. I still remember who....Marty Story in the Arby's Classic after we were up by 25 and the bench players got some time. We won by 20 points but was so upset that we gave up that dunk. Now that's playing with determination and emotion, but now it's okay and fashionable to let teams show-boat and dunk on you. Central may not have had any dunks, but they did show-boat and have their way with us last night. Hightop.....you are not totally correct in that Central outplayed us in every phase of the game. We were even on rebounding, almost even on FG%, we had a better free throw %. We gave up seven three's and Central shot twice as many free-throws. We also had five more TO's than Central. Also, Whitt does give credit to the other teams for outplaying us. The comments last night was just frustration and to keep from blowing a fuse, you sometimes have to say something "Whitty". He complimented DB on just plainly being on a different level than us. He complimented TH's coach and players for usually being the smarter team, even though we won the game. Please don't pick out one or two areas to support your theories of Whitt making excuses of why we lost. The HARD FACT is that we did not play ANY defense. You could probably make a three or two with the open looks Central got against us. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS..... Central has one of the best student sections I have ever witnessed. It reminded me of my hay-day and the student support of our team. Great job to the Central Student Section!!!!! It has become a lost art.

How can you say this is not cheap shots. I watched Cradic play at Boone in Trailblazer Classic and he may be the most dirty player I have seen this year in Big 9. He would undercut players on rebounds and throw elbows away from the ball. And when he got the ball at the foul line. He would always spin so that his extended elbow swung at the face of the guy guarding him. I have never seen this until I did not have a player or team involved and was watching individual players closer.

To say it is okay to take out a guy who is dunking needs to get out of basketball. It is a part of basketball today. I think a player who takes out a free layup or dunk should be ejected. That is just dirty play. I understand hard play but you are just qualifying what has been said earlier about Volunteer being dirty. For Whit to make the statement of giving up free layups is dirty coaching.

How would you like it for someone to TAKE OUT your kid when he is making a layup. I noticed in the Boone classic that players were looking behind them when making layups against Volunteer. But I do not think volunteer is the only dirty team. Against Boone they were real clean but their JV was dirty I hear.

The ultimate problem in Northeast Tennessee is that the officials don't call it when they see it. If they would start ejecting for the elbows and undercutting they would solve the problem. So as long as you can get by with it it will continue.

After all your posts you have the gaull to call say what someone else says is "juvenile"... Learn how to speak "VERBAGE" before you try to spell it! Maybe we could teach you a lesson on learning to admit anytime that your team has lost.. without all of your excuses! Go ahead and bring up the past.. we did this in "58, 60'. 64', 72' 76' etc... This is a world of what have you done for me today not yesterday!

You are such a CLOWN!!! I was actually (in my own way) taking up for poor Whittemore. But since you've now opened the door...let me oblige you and come on in. When I said "juvinial at best" I was trying to be as complaisant as his comments would allow. So since you're the expert how would you describe his verbiage? If you forgot here it is again /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> "Our defense is like dog p--- that you can smell before you see it," said the Falcon's head coach Todd Whittemore. "If I had a knife I would probably be on a suicide watch." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have, or will NEVER hear a comment like that out of ANY other Big 9 coach! Heck at THS that would almost be grounds for dismissal.

By the way (and just FYI) because you truly seem to be confused; "VERBAGE" is a deliberate misspelling of the word "VERBIAGE" that assimilates the word "garbage"...which is truly all that comes out of your mouth. Next time break out your Webster before you try to correct someone...CLOWN! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And let me clear one more thing up. The Vikings HAVE struggled this year, but there are still only two teams (DB, and The Hill) that I think are better. East ALSO has a good team and will be tuff to beat. Volunteer plays with emotion, and the Central Circus would be the best show in town...if this was a student section contest. But it??™s not, its Basketball...and that??™s all the credit you're going to get out of me! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Volunteer plays with emotion, and the Central Circus would be the best show in town...if this was a student section contest. But it??™s not, its Basketball...and that??™s all the credit you're going to get out of me! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Always so much hostility towards Central. I guess I would be too if I wasn't good enough to play at a school. It must have been tough seeing Baron and the boys going to the state. If only Coach Warren could see the awesome work you have done in AAU maybe he would have let you keep stats or something.

You are such a CLOWN!!! I was actually (in my own way) taking up for poor Whittemore. But since you've now opened the door...let me oblige you and come on in. When I said "juvinial at best" I was trying to be as complaisant as his comments would allow. So since you're the expert how would you describe his verbiage? If you forgot here it is again /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> "Our defense is like dog p--- that you can smell before you see it," said the Falcon's head coach Todd Whittemore. "If I had a knife I would probably be on a suicide watch." /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have, or will NEVER hear a comment like that out of ANY other Big 9 coach! Heck at THS that would almost be grounds for dismissal.

By the way (and just FYI) because you truly seem to be confused; "VERBAGE" is a deliberate misspelling of the word "VERBIAGE" that assimilates the word "garbage"...which is truly all that comes out of your mouth. Next time break out your Webster before you try to correct someone...CLOWN! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And let me clear one more thing up. The Vikings HAVE struggled this year, but there are still only two teams (DB, and The Hill) that I think are better. East ALSO has a good team and will be tuff to beat. Volunteer plays with emotion, and the Central Circus would be the best show in town...if this was a student section contest. But it??™s not, its Basketball...and that??™s all the credit you're going to get out of me! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I don't see Whittemore commiting suicide with a knife. Only the Japanise do that.

Always so much hostility towards Central. I guess I would be too if I wasn't good enough to play at a school. It must have been tough seeing Baron and the boys going to the state. If only Coach Warren could see the awesome work you have done in AAU maybe he would have let you keep stats or something.

It all makes sense now!