Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

Just from reading the posts from both sides its easy to come to the conclusion that Science Hill got raped by the refs. But even at that they should have been able to beat Central. But I will eat the "Crow" on this one. It appears that even the "Central Circus" has its day in the sun. I still honestly don't think Central has the team to make it out of Districts (unless they bring their refs with them to every game /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ), but I have to agree with your last statement whole heartedly. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you are referring to the post (which is obviously a student), saying the ref's took this game from the hill. You are no different than the child that posted it. When you was an AAU Coach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Did you always blame the ref's when you got beat? The more you post, the more everyone on this board sees the real YOU!!!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem odd that SH only took 6 free throws compared to SC taking 19 AT the Dickie Dome. I'm sure some of those came late with SH being behind. that was one thing that stuck out to me reading the boxscore...but I wasn't there. I noticed Odem didn't crack the scoreboard. Did he not play or did the SC defense shut him down?

We shot 6 in the final 45 seconds or so, SH was trying to stop the clock. Odem did not play, don't know the reason. Hope we give the Indians a better game than the first one, but first we play M-West at their place on Monday. I think they are leading the IMAC. So we'll see.

A player (or players in the case of the Falcons) actions on the court is a direct reflection of the Coach...especially if they repeats themselves again and again. Coach Morgan made it a point to make this statement "I always tell my kids that if a guy gets a break-away like that, let him go. Don't try to foul him,''. Obviously thats not Whittamore's philosophy. Stokomo you have to be running out of excuses by now. If you truly care about the Volunteer program and have any pull, why don't you just ask Whittamore to real it in a little! What's the use in it anyway, you still got the "slaughter rule" induced on you! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cap1...with all due respect, please show me in my posts from last night's incident where I made ANY excuse for what happened? I got on here to really apologize, show concern for that player, and to advise other Volunteer faithful to not make excuses, as stated in last night's post. I will say again that there is no excuse for what happened last night, period. If that statement is showing an excuse, then I don't know what to tell you. If you look back, I never even mentioned the incident with Cradic getting stitches. My only concern was to defuse the outcries against Whitt and to hopefully prevent any fan to try and rationalize what happened. I realize that players are a direct representation of their coach, and that's what makes it embarassing for me especially. I know for a fact that Whitt is sorry for what happened, and I will be really surprised if our player makes it into the game tonight with Cherokee. I personally talked with Coach Morgan briefly and skunk last night, and they appreciated how Coach Whitt handled it. They are respectable men of character and that's good enough for me. We will see tonight if the player plays or not. I do wish that the poster would have left out Justin Sylvester's name in the Cradic incident. I do not use names because these are only kids and they do not need their names to be on here except to glorify them for their good works. I will repeat what I said earlier.... I do realize that the players are a direct reflection on the coach. With that said, we will see what happens down the stretch.. GOD BLESS!!!!!

It does seem odd that SH only took 6 free throws compared to SC taking 19 AT the Dickie Dome. I'm sure some of those came late with SH being behind. that was one thing that stuck out to me reading the boxscore...but I wasn't there. I noticed Odem didn't crack the scoreboard. Did he not play or did the SC defense shut him down?

Exactly, so if you were not there then why does it seem odd that Central shot more free throws than SH? TN High shot a lot more free throws than South last night, does that also seem odd to you? DB always seems to shoot more free throws than the team they are playing is that odd as well?

Exactly, so if you were not there then why does it seem odd that Central shot more free throws than SH? TN High shot a lot more free throws than South last night, does that also seem odd to you? DB always seems to shoot more free throws than the team they are playing is that odd as well?

In DB's defense, it may seem that they get more free throws due to the fact that 4 post players play an even amount of minutes and they measure 6'6, 6'6, 6'7, 6'9. No team in the conference can handle, or has handled, them without fouling. Sort of like Duke gets the majority of calls/free throws go there way because they are always attacking the basket, same principle applies here. When 70% of your shots come from inside the paint, you are going to be fouled.

With that said, the refereeing in the upper east TN area is some of the worst I have seen. I like in Nashville and I try to make it to a few quality games in my area but it never fails that when I make it to the tri-cities to see DB play there always seems to be terrible officiating.

In DB's defense, it may seem that they get more free throws due to the fact that 4 post players play an even amount of minutes and they measure 6'6, 6'6, 6'7, 6'9. No team in the conference can handle, or has handled, them without fouling. Sort of like Duke gets the majority of calls/free throws go there way because they are always attacking the basket, same principle applies here. When 70% of your shots come from inside the paint, you are going to be fouled.

With that said, the refereeing in the upper east TN area is some of the worst I have seen. I like in Nashville and I try to make it to a few quality games in my area but it never fails that when I make it to the tri-cities to see DB play there always seems to be terrible officiating.

As far as the free throw situation goes,Central played a zone all game pretty much daring Science Hill to shoot. Science Hill played aggressive man to man defense,obviously,there will be more fouls against Science Hill.

easy there brock...i was merely stating my perception with the disclaimer that I was not there and that I was sure some came late with SH behind. And you are wrong about DB ALWAYS shooting more free throws than there opponent because there are MANY games that DB does not shoot more free throws: DB/Volunteer(2):17/14, DB/Boone:12/12, DB/SH:12/13, DB/East:17/29, DB/South:23/25, DB/TNHigh:9/7, DB/Central:12/10, DB/Crockett:11/8, DB/Volunteer(1):27/29 and that doesn' include the 17-37 difference vs. Pikeville...hmmm odd. And I'm sure come Friday that # will go against DB as well. But the good news is that Central plays the game right and we don't have to worry about anybody getting hurt.

We shot 6 in the final 45 seconds or so, SH was trying to stop the clock. Odem did not play, don't know the reason. Hope we give the Indians a better game than the first one, but first we play M-West at their place on Monday. I think they are leading the IMAC. So we'll see.

Odem didnt play, and he is a very good scorer so that probably hurt sh alot, and for the reason, everyone is going to laugh but he forgot his jersey at the school haha.

Let's be honest here... Is DB going to lose to ANYBODY before making it to the sub-state game? Dont even say Central cause DB beat them by 52 in the first meeting. NOT 22.. not 32... BUT 52 points. THATS INSANE!! And I dont exactly think the fans can make a 52 point swing so dont start on that either. East never plays well @ DB and they wont have that stifling student section to help. Plus DB will actually show up this time. Science Hill is just not as good as DB this year, simple as that. (im not mentioning Tenn. High cause they just reak) There are not any good teams from the other region. Greeneville is the best and the BIG 9 has 4 teams that can beat them. So it appears that DB is just going to run the table right through the districts and the region and into the sub-state. If it happens when was the last time that a team went undefeated the entire conference play and district and as well the region????? This team is what I like to call........ ROLLING!!!!!

Let's be honest here... Is DB going to lose to ANYBODY before making it to the sub-state game? Dont even say Central cause DB beat them by 52 in the first meeting. NOT 22.. not 32... BUT 52 points. THATS INSANE!! And I dont exactly think the fans can make a 52 point swing so dont start on that either. East never plays well @ DB and they wont have that stifling student section to help. Plus DB will actually show up this time. Science Hill is just not as good as DB this year, simple as that. (im not mentioning Tenn. High cause they just reak) There are not any good teams from the other region. Greeneville is the best and the BIG 9 has 4 teams that can beat them. So it appears that DB is just going to run the table right through the districts and the region and into the sub-state. If it happens when was the last time that a team went undefeated the entire conference play and district and as well the region????? This team is what I like to call........ ROLLING!!!!!

And DB fans can't understand why they are hated. Hmmmm.

Where a team plays does hold significant weight on the outcome in most situations. Central plays 10x's better at home than they do away. They historically have and it's just a fact. I still think DB has all the tools to go to the Cougar Den and come out with a 10-20 point win. DB just has a TOTAL team. In watching both games and hearing about the Science Hill game, DB has the chemistry to go deep in the State Playoffs as long as that chemistry stays intact and they peak at the right time. I hope this is not DB's peak because they are playing the best ball in East TN right now. I do not see anyone from around here beating them. But that is why the games are played. On any given day a team can have a bad night. I'm sure Morgan will have those kids focused on what they have to continue to do to get better as the Tournaments start. I also like how he plays ten players and rotates to keep them fresh. Doing this system takes time and patience and it must start at the beginning of the season so they will mesh. The losses that happened at the beginning of the season was due to the lack of chemistry from football and just starting. I love teams that have the TEAM concept, and they are showing total team concept right now. That's just my two cents worth. GOD BLESS!!!!