Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

For those that may have missed the DB/Crockett game last night and picked up the SW Va Times-News(/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />) looking for the coverage...don't bother. They chose to cover the Science Hill/Volunteer matchup and the matchup of 1-8 Boone vs. 2-7 South /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> . Not even a recap or boxscore...how embarrassing. They could have at least sent John Moorehouse since UT football is over (not that he really had any insight other than mostly jabs at the UT fan base). What a joke. Oh well I would rather read Tricitiessports.com anyway since they actually GO to the games.

Yes, someone at times news obviously is biased against DB. This seems to be the norm. That paper needs to be replaced with an Oakridger like paper that has hometown loyalty. If it weren't for my wife wanting to see the obits, I would can the TN.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is:

Will the Central fans be standing longer Friday night than they did when they played DB back in December? For some reason they were still standing in the 2nd qtr. but they had left the game by the 4th. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ya'll remember last year when the Indians won #2000 in the Dickie Dome? Some Central older statesman come running out to take the game ball away from a couple of guys from DB as soon as the game ended. What a shame, that didn't look good. DB got that ball anyway and put the #2000 up on the board later that night at the Dome.... that is a memory!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Oh well I would rather read Tricitiessports.com anyway since they actually GO to the games.

The only reason Ron Bliss shows up is because Curt Phillips does not play basketball. If Curt was still on the hardwood, Tricitiessports.com would fully endorse the Sullivan South athletic program and send a team of reporters to each game.

My question is:

Will the Central fans be standing longer Friday night than they did when they played DB back in December? For some reason they were still standing in the 2nd qtr. but they had left the game by the 4th. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ya'll remember last year when the Indians won #2000 in the Dickie Dome? Some Central older statesman come running out to take the game ball away from a couple of guys from DB as soon as the game ended. What a shame, that didn't look good. DB got that ball anyway and put the #2000 up on the board later that night at the Dome.... that is a memory!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Friday night will be a totally different central team then the one in december. They have won 4 out of 5 and lookin for another upset in the cougar den.

No Cap not me. I take it you think I am a referee. Unfortunately I am not in that good of shape to be chasing those young men up and down the floor. I am just an old school guy who likes to watch good competition and not bad sportsmanship and dirty play. I go all the way back to the DB-North Rivalry of Tranbarger (vs) Granville Arnold or TN High (vs) Central who had Steve Crowder. I like to watch all of the good coaches past and present. East TN has been blessed with some great coaches over the years as well as some very good players. I think if I am not mistaken the top 3 winningest coaches in Tennessee are from here, 1) Van Huss 2) Bayless 3) Warren. I just like to see kids being praised and communities supporting their teams and not always slamming or trying to run down them. Most of these kids will play 4 years of basketball and move on. Alot of them will be asked 10 years later why don't you support your old school and most will say that the way it was when I was in school. At your next game count how many former Vikings are in the stands and get back with me.

No ODoc??¦it was just a cheep shot, and not necessarily at you. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Believe it or not I agree with your posts much more often than not, but I have a question for you? Let??™s say you are a random fan that praises an athlete for his or her performance in a post when you know in your heart he or she didn??™t truly perform up to their ability??¦does that help or hurt them? On the other hand if that random fan makes a point to say that this athlete didn??™t perform well and mock them for not shooting well in a post; and the athlete reads that post??¦does that help them or hurt? I know that these are loaded questions so take your time. I respect your opinions??¦so please be honest.

By the way??¦I??™ve heard your last statement in my own house. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Friday night will be a totally different central team then the one in december. They have won 4 out of 5 and lookin for another upset in the cougar den.

I agree totally...different Central team from last time out (although they did just lose by 13 to Morristown West who lost to both Crockett and Boone recently!...curious /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ). DB is the better team by far and should win but if they don't come out with more fire in there belly than Tuesday then there in for a real fight. Central can flat shoot when they are on and getting the open shots. Oh just for the record...cause there are some out there that don't think so...if Central wins it WILL be an upset. Plain and simple. But like I said, anything can happen on a given night in the Big 9. I'm assuming Central will come out in a zone as they did against Science Hill?

I agree totally...different Central team from last time out (although they did just lose by 13 to Morristown West who lost to both Crockett and Boone recently!...curious /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ). DB is the better team by far and should win but if they don't come out with more fire in there belly than Tuesday then there in for a real fight. Central can flat shoot when they are on and getting the open shots. Oh just for the record...cause there are some out there that don't think so...if Central wins it WILL be an upset. Plain and simple. But like I said, anything can happen on a given night in the Big 9. I'm assuming Central will come out in a zone as they did against Science Hill?

In the mo west game, we just plain out lost. We still had 3 people that shot in double digits with Josh Kaiko leading central with scoring 20. Central shoots extremly well at home and watch out if they get on fire.

But if we do win, dont worry, we wont get any credit for the win, DB will blame the refs or somethin else that totally takes away the fact that Central is a good team.

In the mo west game, we just plain out lost. We still had 3 people that shot in double digits with Josh Kaiko leading central with scoring 20. Central shoots extremly well at home and watch out if they get on fire.

But if we do win, dont worry, we wont get any credit for the win, DB will blame the refs or somethin else that totally takes away the fact that Central is a good team.

Rip, Have you heard if the Greenville and South cheerleaders are skiping their games Fri. night to come help out at Central ?