White Co. v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

Big matchup tuesday as White Co travels to Oakland in a matchup of first place teams. Oakland has won 5 straight since their loss to Siegel, but White Co. has struggled as of late, losing 3 of their last 5. Traditionally, Oakland has given White Co fits under Coach Mitchell, but all those years Oakland probably had the edge talent wise, I feel that it is White co that has the edge in talent this year, but that doesnt mean that they will win. This is a big test for Oakland, havent really played a tough schedule, but can make a statement that they are for real with a win against the preseason #1 in the district tuesday night.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Oakland this year so I can only speculate that the talent level will be extremely high and the coaching goes without saying as usual. WC is defenitely having a hard go of it right now. I think coach Mitchell has his work cut out for himself atleast in the nearterm. Mitchell will have to pinpoint what he thinks the problem is and go from there, If the players are doing what he tells them to do and they are practicing the way he wants them to and the shots are just not falling thats one thing. I got the feeling from his postgame interview he has problems that go beyond xs and os. All that being said if he can recreate that team he had before Christmas he'll beat Oakland and everyone else in the district. If he doesn't? I don't even want to think about the alternative.

AH don't worry about sparta no more there not a threat any more not as long as white co. keeps Mitchell as head coach. You should have seen him friday night,he didn't even try to coach his boys in any way,oh wait he did say something about rebounding during one time out, also seen him call a timeout and said nothing when your head coach sets on the bench with his head lookin at his shoes whats your players think,they played like they were coached friday night.Sparta has so much tallent there is no reason for a loss like that.Dyer county was twice the team lebanon is but i will give Mitchell a little credit that was the best game i ever seen him coach while he's been at white co.But anyway if he keeps the same attitude he has had lately and no matter that white co. is the best team in 7AAA (not as long as Mitchell is coach) there not gonna be much a factor in the district this year and it's a shame these Boys should go to State this year.If i had a kid coming up to highschool right now i would be worried,last year we had a winning freshmen team we get rid of the coach and now with more tallent they have a losing freshmen team this year.There is so much tallent right now in sparta from 5th grade through,i just hope sparta can start keeping the good coach's around other then keeping babysitters. As you can tell i'm upset at the basketball program in white co. right now but there is several of us that sat behind the sparta bench friday night that feel the same way and i'm sure they will voice there thoughts to. But if the coaching does not get any better the rest of the way, were in for more beatings not just get beat but took to the wood shed. Oakland will kick our butts 74-52 watch and see.....

AH don't worry about sparta no more there not a threat any more not as long as white co. keeps Mitchell as head coach. You should have seen him friday night,he didn't even try to coach his boys in any way,oh wait he did say something about rebounding during one time out, also seen him call a timeout and said nothing when your head coach sets on the bench with his head lookin at his shoes whats your players think,they played like they were coached friday night.Sparta has so much tallent there is no reason for a loss like that.Dyer county was twice the team lebanon is but i will give Mitchell a little credit that was the best game i ever seen him coach while he's been at white co.But anyway if he keeps the same attitude he has had lately and no matter that white co. is the best team in 7AAA (not as long as Mitchell is coach) there not gonna be much a factor in the district this year and it's a shame these Boys should go to State this year.If i had a kid coming up to highschool right now i would be worried,last year we had a winning freshmen team we get rid of the coach and now with more tallent they have a losing freshmen team this year.There is so much tallent right now in sparta from 5th grade through,i just hope sparta can start keeping the good coach's around other then keeping babysitters. As you can tell i'm upset at the basketball program in white co. right now but there is several of us that sat behind the sparta bench friday night that feel the same way and i'm sure they will voice there thoughts to. But if the coaching does not get any better the rest of the way, were in for more beatings not just get beat but took to the wood shed. Oakland will kick our butts 74-52 watch and see.....

You need to check your facts. The Freshman team last year did not have a winning season as a matter of fact I do not believe they won one game. There is alot of talent in Sparta from elementary to the high school but it is up to the players as to what they are going to do with that talent. Going from the middle school to the high school is a different league on it's on. They might have won as 8th graders but coming in as freshman they are playing on a different level it has nothing to do with the new coaches or with getting rid of the Freshman coach which by the way I heard he was let go from the 6th grade team as well. I think Coach M is doing a great job and the boys are going to pull it together.

You need to check your facts. The Freshman team last year did not have a winning season as a matter of fact I do not believe they won one game. There is alot of talent in Sparta from elementary to the high school but it is up to the players as to what they are going to do with that talent. Going from the middle school to the high school is a different league on it's on. They might have won as 8th graders but coming in as freshman they are playing on a different level it has nothing to do with the new coaches or with getting rid of the Freshman coach which by the way I heard he was let go from the 6th grade team as well. I think Coach M is doing a great job and the boys are going to pull it together.

Hope your right but coach m could do better all i mean.

Coach Mitchell will be ok. If the kids will listen to him things will turn back around. I watched that Dyer game and the kids went out and did what he told them to do. All they have to do is listen and do what he says things will be ok. If they don't listen then we got problems.

Big matchup tuesday as White Co travels to Oakland in a matchup of first place teams. Oakland has won 5 straight since their loss to Siegel, but White Co. has struggled as of late, losing 3 of their last 5. Traditionally, Oakland has given White Co fits under Coach Mitchell, but all those years Oakland probably had the edge talent wise, I feel that it is White co that has the edge in talent this year, but that doesnt mean that they will win. This is a big test for Oakland, havent really played a tough schedule, but can make a statement that they are for real with a win against the preseason #1 in the district tuesday night.

I think Oakland wins this game by 3-5 points, only because they are at home. I think White County will beat Oakland when they come to Sparta. the district will be decided by these two teams on their play against other district opponents. Enjoy the game "Oakland Patriots" and "2Priceless" it should be a dandy !!!

I think Oakland wins this game by 3-5 points, only because they are at home. I think White County will beat Oakland when they come to Sparta. the district will be decided by these two teams on their play against other district opponents. Enjoy the game "Oakland Patriots" and "2Priceless" it should be a dandy !!!

If WC plays with Puckett underneath they will win. If they don't and shoot the ball as soon as they pass the center line it will go as it has the last 4 or 5 games. When you have a guy who is almost 6'7" and he only gets the ball thrown to him 3 or 4 time a quarter something is wrong. If it is a point thing with the guards maybe they need to just quit keeping up with points and play to win the game. Winning the game FOR THE TEAM AND FOR THE SCHOOL should be whats important. When the ball is thrown inside it draws the defense inside and Puckett can and does feed the ball back to an open guard when he does not have a good shot. Somehow after the tournament it seems that all everyone has on their mind is shooting the ball as soon as they get it. Plays have always worked in basketball and they still do but they have to be set up and the coach needs to make them do it. They are a good group of kids so hopefully they will work things out. There is an awful lot of talent on that team to just throw it all away . I heard that Puckett had just gotten over a virous and his sugar was bottoming out in the Lebanon game and that is why he could not get up and down the floor quickly, sometimes he just didn't hardly know where he was.

I know that kids want to play in all their games but sometimes you might be better off if you didn't try to if you're sick.

If WC plays with Puckett underneath they will win. If they don't and shoot the ball as soon as they pass the center line it will go as it has the last 4 or 5 games. When you have a guy who is almost 6'7" and he only gets the ball thrown to him 3 or 4 time a quarter something is wrong. If it is a point thing with the guards maybe they need to just quit keeping up with points and play to win the game. Winning the game FOR THE TEAM AND FOR THE SCHOOL should be whats important. When the ball is thrown inside it draws the defense inside and Puckett can and does feed the ball back to an open guard when he does not have a good shot. Somehow after the tournament it seems that all everyone has on their mind is shooting the ball as soon as they get it. Plays have always worked in basketball and they still do but they have to be set up and the coach needs to make them do it. They are a good group of kids so hopefully they will work things out. There is an awful lot of talent on that team to just throw it all away . I heard that Puckett had just gotten over a virous and his sugar was bottoming out in the Lebanon game and that is why he could not get up and down the floor quickly, sometimes he just didn't hardly know where he was.

I know that kids want to play in all their games but sometimes you might be better off if you didn't try to if you're sick.

We are having the same problem with our guards at Warren County, We have a presence in the middle with 6'9 Chris Weitzel and he touched the ball 3 times in the first half against Riverdale being fouled all 3 times. If nothing else he will get the opponent in foul trouble. If you watch this kid Weitzel run the court and never see the ball, its frustrating for Pioneer fans. You make some very good points about drawing in the defense going inside, good things normally happen when you attack the basket, its hard to get the other team in foul trouble shooting 3's.