White Co. v. Oakland

MidTennFootball

Yeah it is a true statement that Oakland does not get blown out at home. Now I guess some people's definition of blown out is different. Oakland is right. In 1998-99, White County did beat Oakland badly (75-47) in the district championship game, but it was at Riverdale. The worst White County has ever beat Oakland at Oakland was the year before that in the District championship game which was at Oakland. WC won that game by 18, which to be honest was a pretty big deal to win by that much. Like I said yesterday, Oakland and White County have had some classics through the years. I hope Tuesday's game is another one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the game you are talking about, but that game was at Riverdale. White Co. was shooting an insane percentage that night.

That's right it was at RHS. i knew it was in the Boro. My memory is leaving me i guess. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Talent your idea of talent and mine must be different an average 8th grade team last year and a 9th grade team that went 0-25 seriously talent?The 5th and 6th grade teams look good but who knows how much they will develop or grow or even keep playing when they get older.The team we have now is 5 deep we cant get any decent minutes right now from the bench.Kids play with passion and heart when they have to compete in practice but wc has no one to push them so they can step it up or fold the tent its solely up to the kids.They can do it so guys if your reading this leave it on the court play hard and thats all we can ask.

Yea your right they do have to play with Heart and we don't have the leadership of Crain or J.J taylor like we did last year both of those guys was intense Crain was a coach on the floor and taylor would get wild maybe get T'd and get the boys fired up no does that on this team yet like those 2 boys did all I'm saying is with no one steping up like that the coach needs to push some buttons try to fire them up coach them don't let them get down on there self's were a good team but it could go south from here if something doesn't change all i'm saying i hope we hand Oakland there butts tonight we really need to. Good luck Warriors

Sounded like a lot better game by White County just not enough to beat a good Oaklandteam at home. Wish we could run back up to Ky. and find what we lost!!Sounded like a lot better game by White County just not enough to beat a good Oaklandteam at home. Wish we could run back up to Ky. and find what we lost!!

Sounded like a lot better game by White County just not enough to beat a good Oaklandteam at home. Wish we could run back up to Ky. and find what we lost!!Sounded like a lot better game by White County just not enough to beat a good Oaklandteam at home. Wish we could run back up to Ky. and find what we lost!!

actually it seems to me that Oakland was the better team.

The score should have told all.

Oakland plays D alot of their games look like that.

Better effort tonight by WC. I think the biggest diff. in the game was simply shooting percentage. If i heard right we were 2 of 16 on 3 point attempts and BELOW 50% on our free throws. Below %50 won't win close games.

This was a low-scoring game tonight.....and Oakland's Defense showed up as usual making it frustrating for the warriors. I was very impressed with the way that Harding played tonight. He was very much in control and his shots were hitting and were very smooth. Jamal also continues to be a scoring threat as well and a nice surprise to me that he shows so much poise . Of course I am a defensive kind of guy and I love to see us in your face and matching the opponent step for step on the floor. This is definitely a Randy King coached team that no one thought had a shot this yr to make some noise. White County played better than what I saw in KY and seemed like they are fighting to get back in form once again as a serious threat. Good for them....bad for us. Very enjoyable game and I am now 2-0 in attendance for OHS and 0-2 in attendance for White County..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is there an echo in here ?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />