Temple/Grace

Crowder10

Who ya got? Grace is coming off a big win against Silverdale and Temple is coming off a loss to McCallie. This should be a good game, but I think Grace has the advantage inside. Patrick Shaughnassey had a big game and stepped up big time Tuesday night. And of course McMasters will show up to play. So predictions?

my pick: Grace wins by at least 10

Who ya got? Grace is coming off a big win against Silverdale and Temple is coming off a loss to McCallie. This should be a good game, but I think Grace has the advantage inside. Patrick Shaughnassey had a big game and stepped up big time Tuesday night. And of course McMasters will show up to play. So predictions?

my pick: Grace wins by at least 10

I think if Grace wins this game by more than 10-15 point Temple's spirts will be crushed. remember all the Temple faithful saying they would be as good if not better than last year, so for them to get drilled by both CSAS and Grace could be devastating at least to their fan base

I know it is easy to be critical when things aren't going well, and when you are so used to winning all the time, and when big changes have occurred, but it seems to me that our coaching is very subpar. I know caleb is a great guy and all that, but I think we have sooo much more talent than we are utilizing. I know we are young...but still to lose like we did to soddy, and to a terrible like 4-9 McCallie team TWICE??? I just think we have the athletes to be a state competitor and to win it next year, but with the current state our kids play in (which I think is a reflection of the coaching) is immature and lacking confidence, we also appear ignorant as to how the game is to flow and be played.....

If our kids gear up like they always do against grace I think we can sneak one out....if things continue the way they are....it could be a frustrating season for all of us( I posted this same thing on the other thread I just wasn't sure which one will survive /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

icecold06- you may be right that this is a pivotal game for temple's season- especially with how young we are...

Temple's fan base disappeared with the Skogens...

As a bystander with no bias I can say that Temple has one very good players and a team of adequate high school players. To say there is a lot of talent on that team is stretching things. I think you have some very hard-working kids who play hard most of the time, but hard work doesn't always equal talent. There is only one player on that roster that has any chance to play after high school, and those are the words of many college coaches who I have spoken to, not mine.

I know it is easy to be critical when things aren't going well, and when you are so used to winning all the time, and when big changes have occurred, but it seems to me that our coaching is very subpar. I know caleb is a great guy and all that, but I think we have sooo much more talent than we are utilizing. I know we are young...but still to lose like we did to soddy, and to a terrible like 4-9 McCallie team TWICE??? I just think we have the athletes to be a state competitor and to win it next year, but with the current state our kids play in (which I think is a reflection of the coaching) is immature and lacking confidence, we also appear ignorant as to how the game is to flow and be played.....

If our kids gear up like they always do against grace I think we can sneak one out....if things continue the way they are....it could be a frustrating season for all of us( I posted this same thing on the other thread I just wasn't sure which one will survive /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

icecold06- you may be right that this is a pivotal game for temple's season- especially with how young we are...

Temple's fan base disappeared with the Skogens...

As a bystander with no bias I can say that Temple has one very good players and a team of adequate high school players. To say there is a lot of talent on that team is stretching things. I think you have some very hard-working kids who play hard most of the time, but hard work doesn't always equal talent. There is only one player on that roster that has any chance to play after high school, and those are the words of many college coaches who I have spoken to, not mine.

Ok - yes I agree with you...and they are all juniors....so they can be even better next year....however....Temple has never had more than ONE kid on the team at a time who went off the next year and played college ball... and they still have 3 titles..because they have other good athletes (which this years team has) and work hard and are well coached

The first year they won the state title they had no one go play college ball

THe second year skogen went and played college ball- so that is 1

last year they won the title and had NO ONE go off and play college ball....although skogen had many offers...

it can be done with 1- or 0....and this team has 1- and other good athletes and good ball players (for high school) - and I don't see us getting things done like we used to...and I am being a critical negative person and blaming the coach (I just think there is a problem, so I offer my opinion, take it or leave it...)

the overall talent now is nothing like the talent they had last year or in the past 5 years. (even though only one played college ball)

For example- Dee Newsom and James Kemp--- no comparision although I think James has done a nice job, but he cannot be compared to a player like Dee.

Ok - yes I agree with you...and they are all juniors....so they can be even better next year....however....Temple has never had more than ONE kid on the team at a time who went off the next year and played college ball... and they still have 3 titles..because they have other good athletes (which this years team has) and work hard and are well coached

last year they won the title and had NO ONE go off and play college ball....although skogen had many offers...

it can be done with 1- or 0....and this team has 1- and other good athletes and good ball players (for high school) - and I don't see us getting things done like we used to...and I am being a critical negative person and blaming the coach (I just think there is a problem, so I offer my opinion, take it or leave it...)

That entire statement is a little misleading and inaccurate. Not trying to be overly critical here, but....

The first year they won the title they had Jeron Williams, a phenomenal player who was very underrated during his time there. I believe he had many JUCO offers and signed with Temple out of high school. Personal choices ever kept him from participating in college athletics, but to say they won it that year without a "college ball player" on that team is just flat out wrong. They also had Jake Skogen and Ryan Wadley.

The second year, they had Jake Skogen, Ryan Wadley, and Caleb Skogen. All three played college ball. Seth Skogen was also a member of that team. By my count that is three players who signed to play basketball in college and one who played football. Having four college athletes on the same basketball team is way more than most schools in A.

Not trying to be overly critical, just stating the facts, and I am not even remotely a Temple fan or supporter. To say they won state titles with no college athletes is wrong. Dan Wadley is a great coach, and they beat a vastly more talented Ezell Harding team for the state title in '02, but they still had lots of talent. Temple has always taken solid athletes and smart ball players and won with them by playing tenacious and scrappy. But, I would argue they were the most talented team in the District and Region the two years they won state. Tyner may have had more natural athletic ability, but they did not play smart and were so poorly coached that it was negated.

I think if Grace wins this game by more than 10-15 point Temple's spirts will be crushed. remember all the Temple faithful saying they would be as good if not better than last year, so for them to get drilled by both CSAS and Grace could be devastating at least to their fan base

A loss to Grace shouldn't devastate anyone from Temple. Grace is a much bigger school, has returned all of it's significant contributors from last year, has an experienced coach, and a big size advantage. Personally, I'll be dissapointed by a loss to Grace because my expectations remain high, but I know better than to think tiny Temple will coast through the district year after year without any tough losses.

You must have been watching another team, one Mr. Basketball; two nominees. Do these names Ryan Wadley, Caleb Skogan, Zack Mouw, if Newsome is not playing college ball he should be, not to mention college football players. Skogan and Wadley were starters on the 1st championship team. Temple won their championships with TALENT. Has anyone playing this year other than Sexton every played a valuable minute before this year. You are missing the most important part of Temple's past success...A Skogan. Don't jump ship yet, you will not face the competition you have already played come tournament time.

That entire statement is a little misleading and inaccurate. Not trying to be overly critical here, but....

The first year they won the title they had Jeron Williams, a phenomenal player who was very underrated during his time there. I believe he had many JUCO offers and signed with Temple out of high school. Personal choices ever kept him from participating in college athletics, but to say they won it that year without a "college ball player" on that team is just flat out wrong. They also had Jake Skogen and Ryan Wadley.

The second year, they had Jake Skogen, Ryan Wadley, and Caleb Skogen. All three played college ball. Seth Skogen was also a member of that team. By my count that is three players who signed to play basketball in college and one who played football. Having four college athletes on the same basketball team is way more than most schools in A.

Not trying to be overly critical, just stating the facts, and I am not even remotely a Temple fan or supporter. To say they won state titles with no college athletes is wrong. Dan Wadley is a great coach, and they beat a vastly more talented Ezell Harding team for the state title in '02, but they still had lots of talent. Temple has always taken solid athletes and smart ball players and won with them by playing tenacious and scrappy. But, I would argue they were the most talented team in the District and Region the two years they won state. Tyner may have had more natural athletic ability, but they did not play smart and were so poorly coached that it was negated.

YOU may have the opinion that Jeron was a college ball player but he had 0- no offers to play anywhere in college- chatt state talked to him a little bit but that was it...

Jake Skogen was a Junior and DID NOT play college ball THE NEXT YEAR...that was my point..nor could he have...Ryan Wadley played at TN Temple university and that doesn't count as college ball- they are terrible and would get beat by most AAA High schools in Tennessee- he also had none to little impact on that team the entire time he played them....

The second year caleb skogen was a sophomore and nowhere near college talent...yet .. Seth skogen was an eighth grader...but go ahead and count him in if you want( you are stretching your definition of college ball players...I was saying college ball players as in the NEXT year they went on and played...)

asgoodasitoncewas...

Zach mouw??? really- again he helped our team as a role player but he is not college basketball talent...and again the only place he was even looked at was TN temple university and that was ONLY because his dad worked there...he was not that good and continues to not impact a terrible university team who does not even play NAIA competition...

- I think you might be Zach after throwing that random name in there

college football players = athletes

college football players DO NOT = college basketball players

Newsome is not playing anywhere

again my point was that with good athletes and minimal to none college ball players- Temple has done just fine in the past...