Triple AAA

HOOPSGURU

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having seen Oak Ridge play, I would not rank them number 1. I would have them 3rd behind Bearden and Maryville. Bearden is the best team I have seen play this year. Oak Ridge is not as strong inside as either Bearden or Maryville. Also after looking at Cleveland's schedule, I wouldn't have them ranked 4th.

Oak Ridge beat Maryville before the return of the football players.

If that is the rationale, then remember ... Maryville beat Bearden before the return of the football player also. Bearden still has to beat Maryville before I move them ahead of the Rebels, although I do have to say Bearden is the deepest and most talented team I've seen so far this year (havn't got to watch Oak Ridge).

BTW, is the Jenkins kid from Bearden ok? He hurt his ankle/foot? during the WB game in the first half and I don't think ever returned to the game. Nothing serious I hope.

I have seen all three teams play (with the exception of Maryville without Douglas), and the best team I have seen so far is Bearden. You can argue that all you want, but if you see these teams play you will see that Bearden is playing the best out of these three teams right now. And yes Oak Ridge beat Maryville but Maryville was without Douglas and Oak Ridge does not have someone to stop both Reynolds and Douglas. That is why I put Oak Ridge at 3rd.

I think the top 3 are pretty even. All have distinct personalities.

Oak Ridge- Great defensive intensity with very solid players in Dowdell and Stephens. Not CONSISTENT with outside shooting but can be deadly on the right night. Size and depth could be an issue in facing Maryville or Bearden down the road.

Bearden- Impressive inside but have not dominated like they should in every game and aren't really physical for their size. Not great outside shooting but why would you care if you were that big inside. Good depth also. Biggest weakness-ball handling under pressure. Struggled against Fulton to even get the ball upcourt against pressure (no offense but Hollingsworth isn't as tough as Stephens)

Maryville- Great outside shooting with a strong inside game with the return of Douglas to go with Reynolds. Not great but adequate ball handlers that play smart. Not the most athletic group on the perimeter as evidenced in the loss to AE. It would be hard for me to say that OR beats either by 10 on a neutral floor. (Mocs you may have tainted opinion since they whipped your Panthers - as I predicted /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

All 3 teams are very well coached and play to their strenghts. These 3 are the class of the area and capable of beating anyone and each other on a given night. It's hard for me to make a distinction of a favorite between the 3. It would depend on the game you saw them in.

Hopefully all will stay injury free and 2 of the 3 will make it to the 'boro.

I think the top 3 are pretty even. All have distinct personalities.

Oak Ridge- Great defensive intensity with very solid players in Dowdell and Stephens. Not CONSISTENT with outside shooting but can be deadly on the right night. Size and depth could be an issue in facing Maryville or Bearden down the road.

Bearden- Impressive inside but have not dominated like they should in every game and aren't really physical for their size. Not great outside shooting but why would you care if you were that big inside. Good depth also. Biggest weakness-ball handling under pressure. Struggled against Fulton to even get the ball upcourt against pressure (no offense but Hollingsworth isn't as tough as Stephens)

Maryville- Great outside shooting with a strong inside game with the return of Douglas to go with Reynolds. Not great but adequate ball handlers that play smart. Not the most athletic group on the perimeter as evidenced in the loss to AE. It would be hard for me to say that OR beats either by 10 on a neutral floor. (Mocs you may have tainted opinion since they whipped your Panthers - as I predicted /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> )

All 3 teams are very well coached and play to their strenghts. These 3 are the class of the area and capable of beating anyone and each other on a given night. It's hard for me to make a distinction of a favorite between the 3. It would depend on the game you saw them in.

Hopefully all will stay injury free and 2 of the 3 will make it to the 'boro.

I wouldn't exactly call it a whipping. It was awfully competitive with three minutes to go. At least Powell was good enough to beat Catholic this year for a change. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After seeing the Farragut-Maryville game tonight, I will put Oak Ridge 2nd behind Bearden. I know that Oak Ridge is ranked 1st in the state, but again after seeing both teams play, I still think Bearden is slightly better than Oak Ridge. Stephens for Oak Ridge is the best guard for all 3 teams and heard that he wore Damron out when they played Maryville. Bearden's only weakness is the one Irish mentioned, and Oak Ridge does not have anyone to stop both Jenkins and Simpson.