Bledsoe County, How bad can it get?

warrior4ever

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I just can't stand to keep going to the ball games and watching! I was not able to be there Friday (had to be out of town), but have seen our boys all year and this is awful. I know Bledsoe has always focused more on football than basketball and more people follow football, but enough is enough, they are just about to become embarrassing and that is not fair to the kids. There is as much athletic ability on that team this year as almost any team there has been since the team that got beat by Charleston back in the 80's. Something needs to be done and I hope people will wake up and start making some noise until it does. I apologize for ranting a little bit this morning, but it is not fair for our boys to have to suffer because those in power will not do anything to try and correct the problems we are facing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me if you had been there you would have thought it was much worse! JV and varsity look horrible!

My Opinion: (which I am sure means nothing!)

CUT SOME OF THESE PLAYERS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!

We have Seniors, who have never and will never go in the game when it matters. We have juniors playing JV, who will be on the team next year, playing the role of the aforementioned seniors. I realize this sounds bad, but these are things that must be done in order for us to have quality practices and younger players getting vital minutes of varsity play when the game is out of hand, instead of players getting this playing time who will never play when it matters!

COACHES ARE NOT DEDICATED TO DEVELOPING A WINNING PROGRAM!

We do very, very little work in the summer and with the number of players he keeps, practices are not helping, players getting practice time who will never play in varsity games or JV games. JV and Varsity have combined for 2 whole wins this year! Let me make sure everyone understands this is 1 win for the Varsity and 1 win for the JV! The one JV win came in the second game against Jasper, after the JV had lost to Jasper in the first game, the "JV Coach" was in attendence at the first game(loss), he was not in attendence the second game(win). I have defended Hubert and said he deserves more time as the football coach, but he needs to forget basketball and stick to football, if he did this it would be to the betterment of both sports!

Now with all that said, I have a question. Does anyone really beleive the present Varsity coach(with his last name) is going anywhere? no whatever his record is. Yea, that's what I thought.

Seems to me that they are just content to loose. So long as they have a team they think that is all they need. Not only in the Bledsoe school system, but also in other systems, the administration needs to step it up and provide the BEST for the students. Not just in sports, but also in teachers. After all, they are just kids and kids deserve the best.

Trust me if you had been there you would have thought it was much worse! JV and varsity look horrible!

My Opinion: (which I am sure means nothing!)

CUT SOME OF THESE PLAYERS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!

We have Seniors, who have never and will never go in the game when it matters. We have juniors playing JV, who will be on the team next year, playing the role of the aforementioned seniors. I realize this sounds bad, but these are things that must be done in order for us to have quality practices and younger players getting vital minutes of varsity play when the game is out of hand, instead of players getting this playing time who will never play when it matters!

COACHES ARE NOT DEDICATED TO DEVELOPING A WINNING PROGRAM!

We do very, very little work in the summer and with the number of players he keeps, practices are not helping, players getting practice time who will never play in varsity games or JV games. JV and Varsity have combined for 2 whole wins this year! Let me make sure everyone understands this is 1 win for the Varsity and 1 win for the JV! The one JV win came in the second game against Jasper, after the JV had lost to Jasper in the first game, the "JV Coach" was in attendence at the first game(loss), he was not in attendence the second game(win). I have defended Hubert and said he deserves more time as the football coach, but he needs to forget basketball and stick to football, if he did this it would be to the betterment of both sports!

Now with all that said, I have a question. Does anyone really beleive the present Varsity coach(with his last name) is going anywhere? no whatever his record is. Yea, that's what I thought.

there isn't a coach out there doesn't want a win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know the coach and i think he does the best with what he has. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink if he doesn't want to. so why don't you get behind the boys and the coach and support them instead of bashing them on here.

I agree with whowitit that Coach B. is a very good coach and has had good success in the past.. granted we are not there in practices and all the games but let's face it, pikeville is a hotbed for basketball players... i will have to disagree with the whole talent comment because this team isn't very talented... they have a couple of decent players but nothing to cause an uproar... the team with taber (sorry if the spelling is wrong) and fisher would beat these guys and the team with prader, thurman, brooks, and heard would smash them... just be patient, you are playing in a very talented district and rough schedule from what i've seen... best of luck to ridley and the rest of the bledsoe guys and to the coaching staff as well

I really don't want to comment on the job that the coach is doing or whether or not he wants to win, because I think all that stuff can be easily judged by his record. I will say as far as success, he has not had a winning season in his coaching career so I don't know how someone could say he has had success in the past. I will say this about the talent and level of athletes on the team this year. There are as many athletes on this team as there has been in quite some time and anyone that says otherwise has just not looked at them or does not know these kids.

There seems to be alot of discontent in Bledsoe. I will say this, the coach is a good guy, I have not been around him to know the quality of his coaching. If players hear from the community enough they will not play hard for the coach who the community thinks "can't win" If the players hear it enough they start to believe it. Teenagers are impressionable. I don't think message boards or discussions about how bad the coach is will solve your problems. It will make things worse. I support Carl because I consider him a friend. That's my two sense worth.

I really don't want to comment on the job that the coach is doing or whether or not he wants to win, because I think all that stuff can be easily judged by his record. I will say as far as success, he has not had a winning season in his coaching career so I don't know how someone could say he has had success in the past. I will say this about the talent and level of athletes on the team this year. There are as many athletes on this team as there has been in quite some time and anyone that says otherwise has just not looked at them or does not know these kids.

You are right in some sense, there are some kids on this team that are very good athletes, BUT an athlete always doesn't make a team good. Sometimes they think they are "HOT STUFF" and don't want to play team ball they think it is all about them.That is part of the problem with this team.You talk about working on your sport in the off season. How many of this years team plays summer ball somewhere??(only 1 that I know of) So you can not tell me that you can pick up a basketball in late October or early November and be able to be a great ball player.So you can't say this is all the coaches fault.True the coach keeps to many kids that won't play in a game but tell me a team that doesn't have kids that are that way.(at bledsoe)

You are right in some sense, there are some kids on this team that are very good athletes, BUT an athlete always doesn't make a team good. Sometimes they think they are "HOT STUFF" and don't want to play team ball they think it is all about them.That is part of the problem with this team.You talk about working on your sport in the off season. How many of this years team plays summer ball somewhere??(only 1 that I know of) So you can not tell me that you can pick up a basketball in late October or early November and be able to be a great ball player.So you can't say this is all the coaches fault.True the coach keeps to many kids that won't play in a game but tell me a team that doesn't have kids that are that way.(at bledsoe)

kids not playing team ball and not playing during the off season is the coaches fault. A good coach is going to realize when a player thinks he is "HOT STUFF" or isnt playing team ball and will set that guy down until he decides that he is going to play team ball. A good coach would also have a team fired up enough and have them wanting to play ball and get better in the offseason.

Coach B is doing the best he can with what he has. Good players make a good coach and Bledsoe has kids who work hard but they are not great basketball players. You are competing in a very tough district and unfortunately the tallent level on your team is not as good as a lot of the other teams thus you have to play your best just to have a chance and sometimes its still not good enough. Coach B is a good coach and gets the most from his players but it is easy to sit on the top row and coach the perfect game I did it many times however when you move to the bottom row it becomes a little more difficult.

Well I wish I could answer my own question as to "How bad can it get?", but that remains to be seen. I left there last night not believing we lost to Grundy (the only team we have beaten this year) by 22! The sad part is, from the look on the coaches faces they could have cared less. I know all fall several people were talking about changes being made in the administration to get the coaches in place some support, and it looks like that is happening, but I don't think anything other than a total overhaul can help this basketball program. Warriorhead... you hit the nail on the head, "Coaches are not dedicated to developing a winning program", that says it all. I just really feel bad for the kids that are seniors and their parents that are having to suffer just because people REFUSE to do their job. Oh well, lets just stay focused on making the change at the top and hope the school board puts someone in the position that cares about the kids of this county and will put people in place that want to see kids succeed and not just draw a pay check because they can't do anything else.

Go Warriors!