Leslie McDonald

Highway2Heel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched McDonald play in the Arby's classic. John Calipari was at the championship game against Archbishop Carroll (who has Christopher Joseph who is comitted to Syracuse) and he sat behind Briarcrest's bench. After the game Calipari came through the stands and shook people's hands and took pictures. I would say that Memphis is definately interested in him especially after Calipari watched him dominate the championship game. But, personally, I hope he goes to Carolina. I love me some Tar Heels...

I'm a Tar Heel fan but I'd like to see local talent stay local. I don't see why you would want to go out of state when you got 2 of the top teams in the country in Memphis and Tennessee. You figure if he were to stay at Memphis how much more support he'd have if he were to stay in Memphis. Good Luck to this kid. I got to watch Briarcrest without Leslie in a playday at Liberty and without him they were extremely good! I couldn't imagine them with him.

I watched McDonald play in the Arby's classic. John Calipari was at the championship game against Archbishop Carroll (who has Christopher Joseph who is comitted to Syracuse) and he sat behind Briarcrest's bench. After the game Calipari came through the stands and shook people's hands and took pictures. I would say that Memphis is definately interested in him especially after Calipari watched him dominate the championship game. But, personally, I hope he goes to Carolina. I love me some Tar Heels...

I played McDonald in the Arby's Classic. The quickest player I have ever had to guard. He's one of the best shooters I have ever seen. He left a lasting impression on me when i saw his feet flying above my shoulders lol. Based on my experiece playing him, he seems like the kind of player that would fit perfectly in Bruce Pearl's system down at UT. Personally, thats where I hope he goes. But if UT is not his choice, I hope its UNC, because i hate Memphis.

UNC and Duke are really stepping it up for McDonald. Coach K was at Briarcrest on monday and I spoke with a Saints assistant coach who said that he was very impressive ( no shock ). I honestly don't see UT in the final running( just a feeling....no real reason to believe so) although their season continues to impress. I think the final three will be UNC, Duke, and Memphis and mainly the two Tobacco Road schools. UNC sees McDonald as the final and missing piece to their '09 class and Duke is...well...Duke. Memphis and UT still have a legit chance but with Duke and UNC( who again, have really stepped it up lately) in the mix and pushing hard it's going to be an all out battle royal for this kid.

If the commitement were made today my gut tells me it would be UNC but any one of the four could get him.