District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth @ Sycamore on Monday.

Sycamore @ Harpeth on Tuesday.

Let's vote on the citizenship award at the end of the season. It's a new year and only Stewart County and Fairview have played a district game this season to my knowledge.

Harpeth 0R, 2H, 3E

Sycamore 10R, 8H, 1E

WP #6 5IP, 2H, 6K, 1W, 0ER

LP Howell 4 2/3IP, 8H, 4W, 8ER

Overall not a pretty game for Harpeth. The errors in the field were down, but the pitching didn't help them out. Howell could not find the strike zone and finish an inning. There were way too many walks (all with 2 outs in the inning), and Sycamore had 4 RBI with two outs too. Not a good outing for Howell. Harpeth did not hit well either. At one point, there were bases loaded with 0 outs and they did not score. They need to still be aggresive, but be smarter at the plate and not swing at balls that are over their heads. Harpeth really needs to put this game behind them and get all 3 phases of the game going instead of just 1 at a time.

Sycamore @ Harpeth tomorrow 6:30

CW 5- MC 3 @ the reservation. Well played game by both teams. Donaldson gets the W/Tucker the save. Mills threw well in loss. Wavo sweeps 2 from Cheatham. 5-0 and 4-0. Could be off a little on the scores. Hope the rain stays away tom. MC @ CW. 7:00. C-YA @ the Wood. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MD/CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MC lost last night to CW 5-3. We didnt come out ready to hit early and it showed. CW's pitcher kept off balance and totaled around i believe 10 strikeouts. We had a few errors that hurt us and CW got the hits when they needed it. Matt Sharp hit his first homerun drivein in three runs for Central. Yalls guy pitched great as did Mills. yall just got hits before we did and we couldnt recover. hopefully we'll get the bats started a lil earlier tonite. good luck CW should be another great one tonite.

Harpeth 0R, 2H, 3E

Sycamore 10R, 8H, 1E

WP #6 5IP, 2H, 6K, 1W, 0ER

LP Howell 3 2/3IP, 8H, 4W, 8ER

Overall not a pretty game for Harpeth. The errors in the field were down, but the pitching didn't help them out. Howell could not find the strike zone and finish an inning. There were way too many walks (all with 2 outs in the inning), and Sycamore had 4 RBI with two outs too. Not a good outing for Howell. Harpeth did not hit well either. At one point, there were bases loaded with 0 outs and they did not score. They need to still be aggresive, but be smarter at the plate and not swing at balls that are over their heads. Harpeth really needs to put this game behind them and get all 3 phases of the game going instead of just 1 at a time.

Sycamore @ Harpeth tomorrow 6:30

I only had 3 ER for Sycamore, all coming in the 2nd. The last 2 runs in the 2nd scored on a wild pitch/passed ball (take your pick) right before a ground ball to end the inning. Bottom of the 3rd started with an error, 2 singles and then a 5U-3 double play that should have ended the inning without a run being scored, so those 3 runs were unearned. Bottom of the 4th started with a double, then 2 ground ball outs, a walk and then an error that would have ended the inning without a run crossing the plate, so those 2 runs were unearned. While the errors were down, they all led to unearned runs and a shortened game. Got to get better on defense.

4 walks and 2 hit batters hurt a little, but ground balls are what you want from Ben. It's the defense's job to convert those ground balls into outs. I'm not too disappointed in the pitching, but you're not going to win many games averaging 4 or 5 errors on defense and 3 or 4 hits per game unless you've got a guy striking out 15.