District 11 AA

putboobieincoach

The young Harpeth Indians lost in a close one tonight vs MLK 4-3. The game had the excitement of a district game with a big crowd and down to the wire finish. Harpeth still has some kinks to work out but each game is one more game of experience.

MLK 4R 6H 1E

Harpeth 3R 4H 5E

WP Blankenstein 7IP, 4H, 9K, 2W, 2ER

LP Howell 5IP, 6H, 5K, 3W, 1ER

Johnson 2IP, 0H, 3K, 2W, 0ER

Brown 2 2B, 1 1B, 1 RBI

Howell 1 2B, 1 RBI

McCoy 1 1B, 1 RBI

Tomorrow Harpeth vs MLK @ Shelby Park 6:30 JV 4:30

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairview got a district win last night over Stewart County 14-11. It was a sloppy game with both sides making a ton of errors. Neither team seemed to throw any pitching. Fairview used four different pitchers. The first guy was a tiny guy and someone in the stands said he was a freshman, he went four innings and left with a 11-7 lead. In the 5th Stewart County scored 4 off of the second pitcher who was just lobbing the ball up there. Fairview thrid pitcher was another smaller guy and he pitched a scoreless 6th and Fairview was able to push three across. The last pitcher for Fairview threw ok and was able to close out the game.

Stewart County used two pitchers. First guy went 5 and the second pitched the last two. They did not throw the big lefty as some one said he was going to pitch when the two play again Friday in Dover. Both pitchers were junk ballers who struggled to throw strikes and Fairview was able to wait on batting practice fastballs to swing at for the most part. Stewart failed to really punish Fairview for walking the big lefty when he came up. Both times they walked him the next batter hit a fly ball that should have been caught but both dropped. I think it was good stradegy for the most part. Stewart County's coached should realize that most teams will pitch around the only decent hitter they have. That is why I was shocked both times that they stole second to open up first base for the kid to be walked. When Fairview finally pitched to him, he popped up to the pitcher with the bases loaded and then grounded to the pitcher with a runner on second in the 7th inning.

After watching this game, these may be the 7th and 8th placed teams in the distrcit this year. Neither hit well or play good defense.

I am a Mont. Central fan. I know that B.J. plays for Sycamore. He is the best pitcher in the district. Although the lefty from Stewart has an arguement. I just state facts about players, I dont make things up. B.J. is a beast. I actually saw those two games at Northeast Flatbill was talking about. And B.J. dominated what some people are calling the best team in Clarksville(northeast), although I do not agree with that statement.

B.J. against Clarksville high did good as well. 2-4 and in the 7th he hit about a 350 ft double to right center in 30 degree weather.

And as for whoever said Sycamore plays on a quote "little league field" is highly mistaken. I assume he is from Creekwood. Their poles are 320ft and dead center is 372ft. If thats little league then I guess you guys aren't too far behind. Now I was just trying to get a rise out of some CREEKWOOD people. Haven't heard from you guys in a while. Of course that was an absurd statement. You guys are a well coached and talented program year in year out. Now with the statement of "classy", I dont agree with. Now your coaches are classy individuals, but your players are little turds that talk a little too much smack. But hey, I am just a spectaor. Good luck to all district opponents because I am rootin for central.

I am a Mont. Central fan. I know that B.J. plays for Sycamore. He is the best pitcher in the district. Although the lefty from Stewart has an arguement. I just state facts about players, I dont make things up. B.J. is a beast. I actually saw those two games at Northeast Flatbill was talking about. And B.J. dominated what some people are calling the best team in Clarksville(northeast), although I do not agree with that statement.

B.J. against Clarksville high did good as well. 2-4 and in the 7th he hit about a 350 ft double to right center in 30 degree weather.

And as for whoever said Sycamore plays on a quote "little league field" is highly mistaken. I assume he is from Creekwood. Their poles are 320ft and dead center is 372ft. If thats little league then I guess you guys aren't too far behind. Now I was just trying to get a rise out of some CREEKWOOD people. Haven't heard from you guys in a while. Of course that was an absurd statement. You guys are a well coached and talented program year in year out. Now with the statement of "classy", I dont agree with. Now your coaches are classy individuals, but your players are little turds that talk a little too much smack. But hey, I am just a spectaor. Good luck to all district opponents because I am rootin for central.

i was talking bout centrals field you know the one thats 300 ft. all the way around??? yeah that one.

exactly you are a spectator so you dont know what goes on on the field. you want to say we talk too much smack and you are a mont. central fan??? lol wow. thats hilarious. i would like for you to name some unclassy stuff that creek wood does...

i was talking bout centrals field you know the one thats 300 ft. all the way around??? yeah that one.

exactly you are a spectator so you dont know what goes on on the field. you want to say we talk too much smack and you are a mont. central fan??? lol wow. thats hilarious. i would like for you to name some unclassy stuff that creek wood does...

everyone knows creedwood is classless. yall always have been, and probably always will. i dont think its the coaches but it might be. i just think the players think they are a little better than what they really are. oh and i know what goes on on the field and he is right regardless of the fact he is a spectator. the only people that will disagree with what him or i have said is probably a creekwook player, coach, or fan. just ask anyone else in the district.

ok i got one thing to say..... WHAT do u want us to do bout the field bein short???? u want us to cut all the trees down and have the outfield drop straight down into the woods? sorry but not all of the schools in the district have a BRAND NEW field like sum guys. Centrals fields prolly been there longer than most of us have been alive. Coach Dunn has told us that when he playd on that field it didnt even have a fence. thats just how far it has come.

So maybe we should go and move all the fences back to where NO1 can hit a homerun. would that make everybody happy? Here lets do this like move um all back to 450 feet and build the fences 15 feet high. maybe that wood work for everybody?