Former TN High School Standouts

GCPioneer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good list Trey. Some great Alcoa names ... don't forget to add Jim Riddick into that mix. He was one of Alcoa's all-time greats. And of course, you didn't list the best high school player to ever come out of Maryville/Alcoa/Blount County.

Jim Riddick, how could i forget? my mistake....

and i assume that when you say the best player to come out of Maryville/Alcoa/Blount County, you are referring to Lee Humphrey?

Jim Riddick, how could i forget? my mistake....

and i assume that when you say the best player to come out of Maryville/Alcoa/Blount County, you are referring to Lee Humphrey?

I tend to go with Lee. What do you think? How did Travis Stinnett compare? Travis had some nights that were as good as any I've ever witnessed.

Exactly, thats what i was wondering. everyone is talking about the past two years, but we are talking about Former high school greats, as in the complete past of tennessee high school basketball. Chism And Smith and all those guys are good, but lets not forget the players from further back than 2 or 3 years ago:

Penny Hardaway(Treadwell)

Tony Delk(Haywood Co.)

David Marsh(Alcoa)

Michah Marsh(Alcoa)

Travis Stinnet(Alcoa)

Herman Thompson(Alcoa)

A.W. Davis (Rutledge High)

Steve Hammer(Middleton)

Bill Justus(Fulton)

Jim Montgomery(Kittrell)

Donald Dodgen(Gatlinburg Pittman)

Just to Name a few

I think we can add Jarvis Varnado to the list. He graduated a couple years ago from Haywood. He is averaging 9 BLOCKS a game...they have nick named him Swat. He's really starting to come on for MS State.

Jarvis Vernado leads the nation in Blocks per game and Gerarld Robinson is killing it at TSU this year.

Brandon Wright, IMO, was the best high school player in Tennessee history, just based on high school alone. 4 Consecutive state titles is unheard of and he would just dominate games. Triple doubles all the time...

His teammate, Joshua Bone has had a good year for the Salukis at SIU. And Brandon Brown, last years DII Mr Basketball has earned a starting spot for Lipscomb...and Brandan's little brother, Brian is redshirting at Lipscomb I believe

I've got a question about three former TN high stand-outs that are now nationally known in college.

When Bolivar played at Giles county in 03, it was Tyler smith and Willie kemp right? Or was Wayne Chism in the mix also. My undertsanding was that Chism was not with Bolivar yet. I got jumped about this subject last year on here, thinking that Chism was with bolivar, and got corrected. Then I argued with my uncle and he said Chism was with Bolivar in 03. So was he or was he not?

I've got a question about three former TN high stand-outs that are now nationally known in college.

When Bolivar played at Giles county in 03, it was Tyler smith and Willie kemp right? Or was Wayne Chism in the mix also. My undertsanding was that Chism was not with Bolivar yet. I got jumped about this subject last year on here, thinking that Chism was with bolivar, and got corrected. Then I argued with my uncle and he said Chism was with Bolivar in 03. So was he or was he not?

supersport i cant recal the exact years i guess tht would be 03-04 season when Wayne was playing with Jackson Southside and they went to the state...i think that year bolivar beat southside 4 or 5 times including the state..bolivar went on to win that year...someone please correct me if im wrong