East Literature upsets Ezell Harding

bball1999

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Lady Eagles. This team just moved up from 1a and is very young. Congratulations on a huge victory. What a crazy district. Hume Fogg over Pearl by 23 wow! Lipscomb by only 3 over FRA. This district tournament is gonna be a doozy.

Well congrats on the win, but East wont be able to play that rough on the road in the district tournament. It helped that Davis was in foul trouble about 10 min of the first half, and then somehow East knocked out another star player, by accident of course. Interesting that they got Canaday and McAlister in the same season.

(how did Ross get out of there alive?)

Great win

Congrats to the Lady Eagles. This team just moved up from 1a and is very young. Congratulations on a huge victory. What a crazy district. Hume Fogg over Pearl by 23 wow! Lipscomb by only 3 over FRA. This district tournament is gonna be a doozy.

I picked pearl and Hume Fogg put a whipping on them

Congrats Hume Fogg...

I thought Ezell's loss earlier this season to Middle Tennessee Christian was the biggest upset of the year. I was wrong. East knocking off Ezell was bigger. With one Senior and a whole lof of Sophomores playing, East is a dangerous team both this year and will be for the next two years.

The District race is wide open between Hume-Fogg, David Lipscomb and Ezell...but the first round of the district tournament will be very interesting. I just wish it was all at one location still. I would like to see 3 of the 4 matchups.

I thought Ezell's loss earlier this season to Middle Tennessee Christian was the biggest upset of the year. I was wrong. East knocking off Ezell was bigger. With one Senior and a whole lof of Sophomores playing, East is a dangerous team both this year and will be for the next two years.

The District race is wide open between Hume-Fogg, David Lipscomb and Ezell...but the first round of the district tournament will be very interesting. I just wish it was all at one location still. I would like to see 3 of the 4 matchups.

It looks like it is shaping up to be a tight finish.

All the district tournament games will be played at one sight, MLK.

Well congrats on the win, but East wont be able to play that rough on the road in the district tournament. It helped that Davis was in foul trouble about 10 min of the first half, and then somehow East knocked out another star player, by accident of course. Interesting that they got Canaday and McAlister in the same season.

(how did Ross get out of there alive?)

Great win

It's disappointing to see a post that tries to take away from a great win by East. To imply that they won because they were too physical or dirty is a shame. They are a young team that is very talented, and I predicted in another thread that they would make some noise in this district.

It's disappointing to see a post that tries to take away from a great win by East. To imply that they won because they were too physical or dirty is a shame. They are a young team that is very talented, and I predicted in another thread that they would make some noise in this district.

Fact- Great win for East Lit ...Congrats!

Fact- Ezell was mugged

Fact- East Lit's physical play played a factor in the outcome

End of story ...

Three more "facts":

#1 The Ezell Press, which has always been their strong point, was ineffective much of the night. They seemed to lack the intensity I have seen from their teams in the past. The pressure was just not there.

#2 Ezell Harding did a terrible job on post defense. They stood behind the EL posts and allowed them to catch the entry pass. From there, they were scored on easily.

#3 The "coat" stayed on the chair. Someone forgot to tell East Lit that they were playing a good team.

Good teams get beat every week. GREAT teams learn something from it and do not let those mistakes cost them another game. I know Coach Spann is working to improve those areas. There is a lot of ball left to be played. Talk is cheap. Show me the scoreboard. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Three more "facts":

#1 The Ezell Press, which has always been their strong point, was ineffective much of the night. They seemed to lack the intensity I have seen from their teams in the past. The pressure was just not there.

#2 Ezell Harding did a terrible job on post defense. They stood behind the EL posts and allowed them to catch the entry pass. From there, they were scored on easily.

#3 The "coat" stayed on the chair. Someone forgot to tell East Lit that they were playing a good team.

Good teams get beat every week. GREAT teams learn something from it and do not let those mistakes cost them another game. I know Coach Spann is working to improve those areas. There is a lot of ball left to be played. Talk is cheap. Show me the scoreboard. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Did you mean to say someone forgot to tell Ezell that they were playing a good team?