best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

Whats all this talk about sonny grey about? I have played against him this year and i went 3-4 against him! The ball looked so slow coming in! I thought his fastball was a changeup! Vandy should take thier scholorship back!!! He is garbage!!!

garbage? the kid can throw low to mid 90s consistently and he's garbage? i dont know him but i'm pretty sure a mid 90s fast ball consistently in high school is by NO MEANS garbage. All American= NOT garbage. sounds like you're just a hatin wannabe.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear that Cascade has another top pitcher in their junior lefty Josh Brown, I have seen recently in the local paper that he has pitched NO WAlKs in 7 innings against Forrest and a NO Hitter against Eagleville. Folks say that he may have the best control of any pitcher around. Mix this with MOMO and it could spell trouble for their opponents.

He good and the college coaches will watch him closely.

Whats all this talk about sonny grey about? I have played against him this year and i went 3-4 against him! The ball looked so slow coming in! I thought his fastball was a changeup! Vandy should take thier scholorship back!!! He is garbage!!!

first off its spelled gray, i supose some kid from the hills "not like the mtv show" no's more about baseball than one of the best baseball coaches in the nation as coach corbin, and by reading your posts you have alot to learn about life, you should praise people that work their butts off to get where they are in life not be jealous or hatein of them, it just makes you look weak when you do!!!

I hear that Cascade has another top pitcher in their junior lefty Josh Brown, I have seen recently in the local paper that he has pitched NO WAlKs in 7 innings against Forrest and a NO Hitter against Eagleville. Folks say that he may have the best control of any pitcher around. Mix this with MOMO and it could spell trouble for their opponents.

I have seen this southpaw pitcher first hand.... and i can tell you he is amazing /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

this kid throws 96? how come no one in west tn has seen him yet? if he throws 96 he should be drafted over sonny gray ..... not

Well maybe if some of the west tennessee people would stop worrying about their private schools and recruiting that they do, than they probably would hear about some of the other kids around the state. I agree sonny gray is great and who cares which one goes before the other in the draft, they are both going in the first round straight out of high school. that is pretty amazing that two kids from the same state will be going in the first round out of high school. Matt can touch 96. no he doesnt throw it consistently but sonny doesnt throw 97 consistently either. both stay lower to mid-90's which is outstanding for high school pitchers. so how about instead of trying to knock either of the guys, we keep a more positive note and give credit because all of their hard work over the years is definitely paying off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well maybe if some of the west tennessee people would stop worrying about their private schools and recruiting that they do, than they probably would hear about some of the other kids around the state. I agree sonny gray is great and who cares which one goes before the other in the draft, they are both going in the first round straight out of high school. that is pretty amazing that two kids from the same state will be going in the first round out of high school. Matt can touch 96. no he doesnt throw it consistently but sonny doesnt throw 97 consistently either. both stay lower to mid-90's which is outstanding for high school pitchers. so how about instead of trying to knock either of the guys, we keep a more positive note and give credit because all of their hard work over the years is definitely paying off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah man, cause them PRIVATE SCHOOLS are just so.... wait a minute, the topic is best pitchers in TN - not "who is jealous of private schools in TN."

i have to throw chris orphanos in this topic i already put brian daivs and austin hurt in here i need to add orphanos he is doing great in districts so far he hasnt given up more than one run a game and i think he has 3 wins and a no decsion(we lost it in the 10th)he has really improved during the off season and he is reaping the benefits now

David Isaacs is the BGA's best pitcher and has been for a number of years. The last time I spoke with the area scout he told me that Isaacs had 3 wins against teams in the national top 25. Navery Moore may have more potential based on size but at this stage of the game Isaacs is light years ahead of Moore.

I dont mean to belittle David Issacs or your opinion but Navery Moore is and has been an outstanding player and prospect for several years now. Dont believe everything you hear from "area scouts". Issacs has signed with Shelton State Community College and Moore has signed with Vanderbilt. Issacs has won some big games for BGA over the years no question but that doesnt mean he's their best pitcher. Moore is coming off Tommy John surgery but he is throwing very well in the field. He will be an outstanding pitcher at Vandy.

He's actually thrown two complete game no-hitter in the last couple of weeks and was one of 3 pitchers who had yet a third no hitter combined. He is throwing very well right now!