Chattanooga's Top 3 Players

dadoffour

I agree 100% with both of you- Jurick is a waste of God-given talent... for that matter so is McMasters... both those kids are a freaking waste of 6'11 or whatever they are... I think they will never play again after this year unless they have some major attitude adjustments...but just my opinion and I am also probably biased against them because I hate to see talent wasted...

DITTO!!!!!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurick is on a terrible team. I am sure it is hard for him to stay motivated. (not an excuse just the facts)

I don't see him at Tn either but the coaches aren't stupid. He will either start running or he won't play. They will make him run. If he doesn't, he won't be on the team. I think it is unfair to judge him based on watching him play on this years team. They don't even give him the ball when he is posting up. I think it is crazy.

Don't see how Mcmasters is a wast of 6'11. He doesn't play in the post very often which is strange but he shots the ball well. I think both have a nice shot.

Every kid has to step up to play at the next level. They either will or won't. They both have the potential. Lets be a little fair and give them some time to see what happens. I would love to see Jurick be successful at Tennessee.

Ok now that everyone else has had their chance to give their list i will give the real list and they are all on the Hustlintigers team and not just because im a Hustlintiger my self.

1. Darrius Ricks- Best Player on the best team in the city. He affects the game without scoring and when he is called on to score who can stop him?

2. Dominique Taylor- If not for RIcks he probably could score at will on any team he pleases. THe difference between him and ricks is that Ricks is VERY unselfish and doesnt need to score to hurt you but Taylor is the more athletic and flys like an eagle and can break a press by himself

3. Dominique Harper(BUCK)- He has not played as much because of grades but If he had played the entire season he may be better that these two. He is a beast for the hustlintigers and he even has an outside shot but that is not what is needed from him

THese three are better than anyone in the city look at my #3 Buck and tell me who can beat him in this city

Since i'm more of a district 6 AA fan this year i'm gonna have to say.

Stephen Cook (Chattanooga Christian)- can score with the best of them and dish the ball of really well. Can play great defense. And he is well coached. By far the best point guard the city has to offer.

Darius Ricks- (Howard)- great player. Makes the big plays when called on. Great mid range jumper. Would like to see him get more aggresive on the offensive end because no one in his district can stop him

Domique Taylor (Howard)- Great potential to be the best in the city. College coaches should be pouring in calls. he is very long and with his 6'6'' frame he can handle the ball really well and can shoot the ball too.

I love this list right here.

I can see completely why you say the two hustlin tigers are on their expecially cause of how successful their team is. But to say that Stephen Cook is the best point guard by far the city has, is a little far fetched. There are plenty of obvious names that can go in front of him and some very underrated players also. First and foremost is Jeremy Sexton he can score better shoot better and defense menacing but may not have the unselfsh part down. And underrated players like Hixson's point guard, Jonathan Hilton is better than him. He can shoot pretty well and passes amazingly. He has good defense but may not be AS QUICK as Stephen. If he wanted could be the leading scorer on his team but allows his brother to lead in that area. He is a pure floor general and runs the team since their coach is gone and are on a ten game winning streak. Also Brandon Herman from Grace is a beast and only is a Sophomore.

When I say that Cook is by far the best point guard. I mean by far. He runs his team to perfection each and every night I have seen them play this year. He is very unselfish with the ball and knows when to make the right passes. Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Herman are great player but are consider shooting guards in todays game. I was at the Hixson vs. Chatt Christian game early in the season and Cook took control of the game in the 4th quater when his team really needed him. He also has a good teammate Mario Hill who everyone should be looking out for.

When I say that Cook is by far the best point guard. I mean by far. He runs his team to perfection each and every night I have seen them play this year. He is very unselfish with the ball and knows when to make the right passes. Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Herman are great player but are consider shooting guards in todays game. I was at the Hixson vs. Chatt Christian game early in the season and Cook took control of the game in the 4th quater when his team really needed him. He also has a good teammate Mario Hill who everyone should be looking out for.

Dontay Hampton is the best pg.

Look in the box scores, usually he has about 20 and 15 every game. Some of their rebounding numbers for their boys and girls seem a little inflated at times. They have played some TSSAA teams this year including Chattanooga Central, that's not bad for a school with about 100 people in 9-12 if that.

how many area players have signed with a team from a D-1 powerhouse conference team? Jurik I believe is the only one. Jurick is also the highest rated player on may rating services, McMasters is as well. To not have these two guys 1-2 is just wrong. I know attitudes and effrot are important, but at the highest end of the next level the sklls and attributes of Jurik and McMasters are not matched by any other players in the area. The rest can fight over the number 3 slot.