Best Girl's Basketball in State

Pitino

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to this upcoming season. Now, can anyone match, or even come close to matching McMinn Central, McMinn County, Walker Valley, Cleveland, and Bradley??? You may be talking about at least one State Champion, and possibly three State participants in this group. Now lets begin again.

I agree they are ALL looking good!- Haven't seen Cleveland or Bradley but the other 3 I have seen and am definitely impressed! Much improvments from last year- except Central- they are struggling a little right now- but they'll be ok- too much talent to not be!!! And what a great COACH!!!

Not to predict any future- always to soon to tell- but to be proud of who you are and what you are accomplishing is always nice.

Walker Valley played Seveire Co. in a recent play day and only lost by 8, all players were present for their team-They only lost one player last year according to their coaches wife.

Middle Tennessee teams do seem to have an edge, Mcminn co. is better this year than last- Latham helps out alot under the goal.

I am glad to see local teams dropping "weaker" teams from their schedule-it has to help their programs with the competition level being stronger.(although I see nothing wrong with AA teams playing other AA teams that are competitive- they may seem weak to AAA teams but they are ranked according to their school size, naturally.....)

It is true not many of these teams have had much "experience" on a state level,but Cleveland has just gotten the team its been dreaming of for years,(although BC seems to always have an edge) and Walker Valley has only been in existence for 1 yr. so..........I guess that explains that.

I guess every team feels the need to play at least one or two weak teams,(and they all do-or have in the past anyways) just for a break, senior night or whatever the case may be.

It seems like once your program has "proved" itself and what it can do- it can't help but just get stronger and stronger. I think that is the case with middle Tennessee teams.Do you think it is the coaching, or the athletes just go to the "winning team"?Therefore.....they continue to win!

[Edited by peacemaker on 6/28/02 3:14P]

I agree with ya Peacemaker that our county has three above average teams. It's just that we never seem to get past the middle Tennessee teams, ya know what I mean. Although Bradley did beat Jackson County at camp. I think WVHS may make a run for it in their district and I think that Cleveland and Bradley will be front in theirs. I can't see McMinn though... They always seem to have more talent than any team, but it never seems to get them anywhere... Who knows though....well, I am sooooo glad to see you back on here..... hope to see ya around soon.. keep taking up for us.....