Best Girl's Basketball in State

Pitino

i have heard that morristown west is lookn pretty good this year. they lost kala greene last year but their other post players have improved alot since last year from what i have heard and they have the chemistry that they lacked last year. i think they could suprise some people.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt dare even rank anybody yet- its way too soon!!!! But I can respect your opinion- everybody has one- thats what makes the world go round! Actually its a big toss up in my mind- but probably in reverse- if I were guessing- but I am not!!!I dont wanna get in trouble with anybody- LOL!!!!I vowed to not even post on here anymore- but here I am!!!!! Just can't seem to stay away!!! :):):) Keepin it clean- and NICE!

Yes I agree that BC has made it the past 2 yrs. with "lesser" talent, but 3yrs. ago?????? NAAAAA.......I think Mcminn would have taken it if not for the injuries before sub-state.(remember- that was BC's "Cinderella story" year??) I have only seen Mcminn play against WV, Tellico, Lenoir, and Topguns AAU team, and they did o.k.,but I don't think it was "state" bound material, but with the new player added and a whole summer to sharpen their skills, who knows?????? Maybe they'll have some of that "BC LUCK"- no offense, but like you said......BC somehow ends up on top- at least half way- with lesser talent, so who knows...........Mcminn might get a dose of it- they are "due" some! :)

[Edited by peacemaker on 7/3/02 7:13A]

Hey Peacemaker,

I don't understand your reasoning about BC having "less talent" or some teams not being "BC lucky". That must mean that Jack Harlow is a pretty darn good coach with this "less talent". If I recall, Bradley had two seniors this year and one signed a basktetball scholarship. Last year all five starters signed scholarships including Jackson who signed with UT! Is this lesser talent???? What does it take for you to admit that Bradley has as good or better talent as anybody in the district and has better coaching hands down? No other coach could have had the injuries that Harlow did his first year and made it to the final four. Don't give me that whining about McMinn losing three girls to injury. Bradley had four different girls that missed almost the entire season with injuries yet something, be it superior coaching or that "lesser talent" brought them through. Maybe it's the Bradley mystique or tradition.

As for Morris, you better evaluate your 1-3 selections for the district. I don't see McMinn or Cleveland better than Bradley. Like last year, both of those may beat Bradley on their home floor but when it gets down to the games that really count (tournament), I'll put my money on Bradley and give you odds.

By the way, this year's district will be at Cleveland so maybe their "superior" talent in spite of their poor excuse for coaching may finally overcome Bradley and McMinn and they may finally win a game that actually means something.

I was only agreeing with "WAREAGLE" who made that statment about "lesser" talent- ask her what she meant- she has a child that plays on BC's team,( go read her post right before mine-unless it gets deleted now) and yes it does mean Jack is a VERY talented coach. I didnt even start to imply that BC didnt have any talent- she was just comparing individual to individual I guess- referring to Cleveland and Mcminn,in the sense that they have some VERY good athletes- probably as much or more than BC and never seem to go anywhere with it. I am a big BC fan- I think you need to read all the post before and see what led up to my most recent one and get things in context.

Now as for Mcminn having the 3 injuries they had that year- yes they did, and it wasnt as if they started the year with those injuries- they came late in the season- right at crunch time, and that makes a difference- and as far as Jack having 4 injuries that year- try about 8-10 since he came to BC??( wonder why?)

Maybe "luck" wasnt the best choice of words- maybe I should have said "winning tradition", and as for all five starters getting a scholarship year before last- there were 4- Hamby didnt continue to play. No one disputes any of these girls talent- they were and are all very talented, but so are other athletes at other schools, so maybe its the coaching, maybe its the "winning tradition' or maybe its the "mystique"- I dont know...................could just be flat out desire, all I know is I NEVER have said BC did not have a good program or good players- RE-READ!

If you'll read the message I wrote 2 post ago you will see I replied to Morris and said I thought BC would come out on top!

Tnwareagle- I have stuck up for you many of times on here- dont bail out on me now- YOUR TURN!

I am on my way to Florida in a few minutes so dont BASH me while I am gone-LOL- not fair to someone who can't "defend" themself!

[Edited by peacemaker on 7/4/02 6:40A]

Never let it pass to disrespect Powell or the Cleveland program, do you? You must verbally run our coaches and the CHS Lady Raiders down when the least little chance comes, you are so predictable.But of course, you are entitled to your opinion so have a ball, you are quite entertaining. Coach P-Moore has been at CHS a full 3 years. The improvements in the CHS program are just beginning. There hasn't ever been a 5 on 5 "tradition" at CHS, however we are coming into our own. P-Moore is respected and admired for her perserverance and her Cleveland supporters know as she does that it can only get better.Go ahead, bang on Powell, enjoy yourself. A "poor excuse" for human beings? Well, look in the mirror.

Guest gilessf

Lawrence Co. AAA , Giles Co. AA , Wayne Co. A is pretty powerful across the board and could be the State Champs this year . Note: Jack Harlow is giles native , please come home to coach were you are apreciated as the outstanding coach that you are .

My what a race we are going to have in 5AAA. This post has become very interesting. MY, My I didn't mean to stir things up so bad. I really just try to get along with everyone. I guess Peacemaker has packed her bikini off to Florida. Hey I love all the teams....Can't wait to get things going.

Peacemaker, I am just now reading these posts.... My, my, how you all had things going there..... Baconbreath, Peacemaker has defended Bradley on almost all posts, and I know she is a big BC supporter. This season she will have children playing sports at WV and BC. I don't think she meant any disrespect to the BC program or to Harlow. Every time I have ever talked to her in person, she has had nothing but praise for his coaching skills. I left for Florida at 4 a.m. on the 4th so I didn't have a chance to defend you till now. Sorry..... We were down there for JP's nationals. As for the basketball talk, I think BC will come out on top this year due to coaching. I think CHS is loaded with talent and that Coach Moore does one heck of a job, but they may have TOO much talent (if that makes any sense). McMinn is loaded with talent as they are every year, and yet every year they are left sitting watching in March instead of playing. I do not attribute that to the injury factor, because all teams have their share of problems. The year you all keep bringing up, two of the injuries came fairly early in the season. And if Harlow is to blame for the injuries at Bradley, who is to blame for the injuries at McMinn that year? I think those things happen and it is the fault of no one person, just a lot of bad luck. (But that is just my opinion) Well, Baconbreath, I just didn't wanna see you attack Peacemaker, because I know she means nothing negative toward Harlow. She was just stating her opinion.... :)