Best Girl's Basketball in State

Pitino

Pitino, don't even say that you didn't mean to stir things up like this.. You are loving every single post that deals with conflict..... haha

And do you still love us even though we played AAU where we did and are gonna play high school where we are? Have we lost your respect? Can we still go fishing and golfing together?????

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oletimes44

They could easily play in other divisions and do really well in them. If financial aid was not given I have no doubt in my mind that they would go single A and could win a state championship.

You can't help but love you all. It doesn't bother me one bit you took Lil Shooter to Bradley. I think Ole Jack is a real good coach. I just wish he had of treated Amy Lynn a little better. As for your AAU trip across the Mountain.....Never have understood that, but that is your business.

Well seems like one of the 8th grade phenoms from Ocoee has decided to move to Walker Valley. That could possibly put WV over Tellico in the district race. This kid can play and now gives WV to lefties in the line-up, which could create defensive problems for opponents. Walker Valley is closing in on a well balanced team with good ballhandlers, good outside shooting, and very good post play for AA. Can they compete with Central.?.?.?.?.All depends on whether WV can break Central's press, and whether WV's posts can match up with Mullinax. It might get interesting.

WV played Central today at Sequatchies camp in Dunlap- WV got beat by 10 or 12? But thats ok- its their first loss to them this summer. Fallon Lee wasn't there, of course- but Morris wasn't present for WV either, along with Crick, Grider, and Haun- who should see some playing time this season! Central is still the team to be reckoned with in local AA action, Tellico................................

well, they still have a few months to sharpen up- we will see! The new addition is not neccessarily a "for sure" addition- but lets keep our fingers crossed!!! :) Were you there Pitino? at Sequatchie? Didnt see you!! As far as the post matching up with Mullinax- they might and they might not- but the good thing for WV is- they have 4 to Centrals 1!!

[Edited by peacemaker on 7/22/02 2:14P]

Guest lilrickyrecardo

Can somebody please help me out! Why would someone that is a "phenom" choose to leave Jack and his well established program that WILL go far into the tournaments for a new school that has ZERO tradition? This is very puzzling to me! But anyhow Good Luck "lil lefty"! GOOD LUCK to Bradley! We are behind you girls 100%!

In answer to the why question, maybe it is because she could not be the "phenom" at BCHS that she can be at WVHS. I don't really know the answer. Maybe she can't take Jack's harshness. I have seen the girl play and I know she can help the WVHS program grow. She can walk in as a freshman and see extensive Playing time and possibly even become a starter. Which makes a player better, sitting on the pine or playing quality minutes? Bradley is tradition true but WVHS is building a program. And I expect that by the time this young lady graduates that Tucker will have a team that can compete with any AA team around and many AAA teams. I don't see her decision as being a wrong one. Good luck to her and the Lady Mustangs. Who knows, there may be another "phenom" joining her before the final bell rings. Don't count her fellow teammate and best friend out of the Mustang picture just yet. I hear that she will be next to make the move.

Guest lilrickyrecardo

Thanks for the anwser! I was thinking the exact same thing, but I wanted to get another opinion! As far as there being another transfer from Bradley, which I VERY seriously doubt, we will just have to ask Mrs. TNWAREAGLE about that.

how much playing time does she expect?walking on the floor as a freshman,playing and starting jv would be fine....but do you really think she is going to sit down Rominger?I very seriously doubt it.....Rominger can run circles around her.....one good thing...she will learn from Rominger.....so maybe the move will be worth it....cause as far as I see...Heidi is the best point guard in the county....so maybe she will grow faster from Heidi...

only thing that kills me....when freshman...be it high school or college...think they can sit down the returning players...gimme a break......I mean......before the district..they prolly just then shaking off the nervous bug....the girls get big in high school...and alot of girls want college attention...so they play all out war...and personally....my daughter wasnt mature enough to play with big girls at a freshman level...not saying anyones isnt...

[Edited by 23sMom on 7/23/02 4:55A]