7aaa all-distict team

14pioneers

Lets see your picks 14. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The "swami" has carefully picked his top 10 !!! Swami sees T. Cutter (Siegel) at point, A. Carter(Blackman) at the 2 spot, Delaney (White County) small forward, Puckett (White County) at power forward, and Chris Weitzel (Warren County) at the post. My second team consist of Akers, (Cookeville), Young (Riverdale), X. Smith (Lebanon) Epps(Oakland) and Hammonds (Siegel). The best player in district 7aaa is Tyler Cutter , but he IS NOT THE MVP!!!! the MVP in my opinon goes to Deleaney of White County. The "swami" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "swami" has carefully picked his top 10 !!! Swami sees T. Cutter (Siegel) at point, A. Carter(Blackman) at the 2 spot, Delaney (White County) small forward, Puckett (White County) at power forward, and Chris Weitzel (Warren County) at the post. My second team consist of Akers, (Cookeville), Young (Riverdale), X. Smith (Lebanon) Epps(Oakland) and Hammonds (Siegel). The best player in district 7aaa is Tyler Cutter , but he IS NOT THE MVP!!!! the MVP in my opinon goes to Deleaney of White County. The "swami" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

I agree with this list 100%! Maybe id find a spot for Michael Edwards on the list, but I dont have one objection to this, Weitzel is probably a reach, but not that many great post players in the district this year and he has improved fairly well I must say. How about a most improved, newcomer, and coach of the year as well? I will see what everyone else says before I make my opinion known.

Coach of the Year is WC Coach...not sure of the name and MVP of the district is Tyler Cutter!!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he the only player to date to sign a D-I or any level scholarship to play next season???

So what? Since when has that been the criteria for selection? Never......

No one ever had to resort to that old D-1 argument to convince folk that Chaisson deserved it last yr or the yr before did they?

BTW....Chaisson is actually PLAYING at his D-1 school as a freshman and already earned an award.

Three double-doubles help NU beat Delaware

In a tight contest, the Huskies knocked off Delaware 53-49 Wednesday night at the Bob Carpenter Center in Newark, Del, completing a regular season sweep of the Blue Hens. The Huskies had three players pick up double-doubles as sophomore Manny Adako had 10 points and 10 rebounds, sophomore Nkem Ojougboh had 10 points and 11 rebounds and freshman Chaisson Allen had 11 points and 10 rebounds.

From Northeastern's website:

Huskies beat Blue Hens in overtime

Freshman Chaisson Allen collected an offensive rebound with 40 seconds left in overtime and put it into the hoop to break a 67-67 tie and help the Huskies edge Delaware 73-69 Saturday evening at Matthews Arena. Sophomore captain Matt Janning led the Huskies with 20 points and a career-high seven assists in the win. Sophomore Nkem Ojougboh, who finished with 17 points and nine rebounds, helped clinch the victory with a pair of clutch free throws down the stretch.

??? Full story & box score (1/19/08)

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...329/1006/NEWS17

According to your criteria of the MVP starfan, then Kevin Smith and Chaisson should have been Co-MVps then? Both at D-1 schools.

Coach of the Year is WC Coach...not sure of the name and MVP of the district is Tyler Cutter!!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he the only player to date to sign a D-I or any level scholarship to play next season???

White County's coach is Eric Mitchell. He played high school ball at Pickett County and helped them win a state championship I believe in 1990. He then went on to play for TN Tech. He has done an outstanding job this year. However, WC was picked just ahead of Siegel this year to win the District so he, the team, and the fans are not satisfied with just winning the District. White County's goals are way beyond that. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I never said that is why Tyler Cutter should win the MVP! Go back and re-read the post. I was just asking if anybody else in the district has signed any where to play ball next season....I was just curious!!

And please do not get me started on Chassion...he deserved it last thee is no question about it, he had an awesome year, but to say he should have deserved it his junior year over Keith Ramsey is crazy. Keith played every spot on the floor led his team to back to back state tourney appearences, I mean anybody Oakland or any 7-AAA fan that would be truely honest would tell ya that he deserved it. To be honest it is hard for any Siegel player to get true respect from the fans all the way to the coaches, good players or not!!!! I know I am biased toward Siegel and that it is what a fan does... root for their team, like anybody else on here but please try to be honest......nobody likes Siegel...period. There, I have spoke my peace on this...sorry to rant.

But my original question and it is a question out of curiosty...is there another player to sign to play at the next level in the district. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I never said that is why Tyler Cutter should win the MVP! Go back and re-read the post. I was just asking if anybody else in the district has signed any where to play ball next season....I was just curious!!

And please do not get me started on Chassion...he deserved it last thee is no question about it, he had an awesome year, but to say he should have deserved it his junior year over Keith Ramsey is crazy. Keith played every spot on the floor led his team to back to back state tourney appearences, I mean anybody Oakland or any 7-AAA fan that would be truely honest would tell ya that he deserved it. To be honest it is hard for any Siegel player to get true respect from the fans all the way to the coaches, good players or not!!!! I know I am biased toward Siegel and that it is what a fan does... root for their team, like anybody else on here but please try to be honest......nobody likes Siegel...period. There, I have spoke my peace on this...sorry to rant.

But my original question and it is a question out of curiosty...is there another player to sign to play at the next level in the district. Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keith was injured most of that season and didn't even return until late Jan the night they played Oakland. That was probably one of the reasons.

To get respect you have to give it, don't you? Your fans and players haven't always done that have they?

Keith was injured most of that season and didn't even return until late Jan the night they played Oakland. That was probably one of the reasons.

To get respect you have to give it, don't you? Your fans and players haven't always done that have they?

If I'm not mistaking and I might be I think he played Oaklnd his first game back against you guys at Siegel like the first part of January. But 2P, You are biased toward your Pats and have much respect for that but you also speak the truth in a whole when it comes to the district, you will have to admit, when those guys jumped ship on Oakland, there was no way you (Oakland fans) you guys were going to show them respect... I mean look at Shaq his former team was in the crapper and he jumped ship to a better situation like Keith and those guys did. Does that make him a bad guy no! I am just saying that and quoting 2P " to get respect, you have to give it" nobody every truely gave them a chance because of that....right??