Justin Blake

yankees8589

I'd like to see J.Blake at the major D-1 on the next level.. He's a solid performer and should get some recognition as a potential Mr.Basketball finalist. ACC or SEC schools should be looking at this kid, he can flat out shoot the rock!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see J.Blake at the major D-1 on the next level.. He's a solid performer and should get some recognition as a potential Mr.Basketball finalist. ACC or SEC schools should be looking at this kid, he can flat out shoot the rock!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I agree. He`s got the complete package on and off the court. He`s got range outside or driving to the hoop. Good rebounder and is not afraid of an assist (rare for a player that scored over a 1000 pts in less than two years). He can also handle the ball (pressure) as well as anyone his size. On top of all that, he has the likability and the grades to go with it.

Please don`t anyone start about my post. I`m not downing or comparing to anyone. This is a Justin Blake thread.

You have a dude in short, shorts, playing a "puffs" sport. I'll leave your yellowcard but i'm definitely pulling your manhood card!

Soccer isnt a puffs sport, The only people who call it that are the peoplpe who have never spend 90 minutes running on the pitch. We have many football players and other talented athletes who have to work really hard to succeed in soccer. I have played Basketball, run Cross country, swam competitivly and played soccer, and i can tell you, soccer is harder then all of the above. Lets stop saying bad things about other people and schools and get back to the basketball.

nobody get me wrong Justin Blake is a good player and all but the best offer this kid will get is from Austin Peay. He's no where the calibur of a player for a great sec school. he might be the best player in west tennessee but that still wont get you very far when there are even better players in middle and east tennessee.

thefuture, I agree with some of your post but not all. I agree Justin Blake is very good and I can see him playing at Austin Peay or Murray State or hopefully a local team (UTM, Union, or somewhere like that).

However, I disagree on the part where you say Blake being the best player in West TN won't get you very far when the better players are in Middle and East TN. No knock on Blake as he is the best in RURAL West TN along with MJ Brown. The best players reside in Memphis of course with that being Leslie McDonald of Briarcrest Christian and Elliot Williams of St. George's whom is going to Duke. You also have players such as Casey Prather of Jackson North Side whom is only a Sophomore and scored 50 points against a very good Fayette Ware team. I know this is a Justin Blake thread, but to say all the talent is in Middle and East TN is the wrong statement to make! Look how many D-1 players West TN has put out: Jarvis Varnardo (Haywood, Miss. State, leading the nation in blocks), Reginald Delk (North Side, Miss. State now redshirting at Louisville), Willie Kemp (Bolivar, Memphis), Wayne Chism (Bolivar, UT), Jejuan Long (Liberty, Murray State), Leslie McDonald (getting recruited by all kinds of D-1's), Elliot Williams (St. George's, Duke), Trey Pearson (South Fulton, Ole Miss now at Lambuth), Josh Sain (Liberty, MTSU)...the list goes on, there are several more but it'd be pointless to post as you should get my point by now. The REAL talent resides here in the West.

It appears that Blake will end up mid-major but I still beleive he is holding out for the possiblilty of a mid-level SEC team offering, otherwise he would have already signed. Whatever the case he will go to college and earn his degree which is the most important thing. I'm a firm beleiver this might be the best shooter from the area in a long time. His shot will be his meal ticket at the next level. He will not be a slasher point type player. His strength is is his shot and his range for the most part. I see him playing a role similar to what Lee Humphery played at Florida, just at a much smaller program (in terms of nation prominance). I beleive in this kid but I'm not a recruiter either. I look for big things from Blake wherever he goes.

I heard that YellowCard was a soccer fan and knew nothing about basketball. Dude...why are you such a bitter person. Life is to short...enjoy yourself and get over it. Do you get up every morning like this? Misery is an option ( remember that).... Enjoy life.... When you can come up with something that makes sense I will reply otherwise this is my last post ever to you. I choose to ignore anything you have to say from this point forward. See Ya wouldn't wanna Be Ya.

I have no idea what you are talking about little guy. These are message boards, there is more to life than talking to fans about high school sports. My post was clearly legitimate and germane to the topic. Yes, J Blake is a gifted basketball player BUT do you honestly in your right mind think that he can possibly make it in the SEC? Austin Peay is going to be his best offer and he should take it. You people seem to make this kid out to be the next Lebron James, thinking he is God reincarnated into a basketball player. And I find it quite hilarious, that you would go so far and simply label me as a "Dyersburg fan" or a "puffs" soccer player. Just because your school cannot excell at every sport, meaning soccer, does not give you the utmost right to downgrade soccer players. Lastly, I honestly do not give any concern whether you ever reply to any of my posts hereafter.

I have no idea what you are talking about little guy. These are message boards, there is more to life than talking to fans about high school sports. My post was clearly legitimate and germane to the topic. Yes, J Blake is a gifted basketball player BUT do you honestly in your right mind think that he can possibly make it in the SEC? Austin Peay is going to be his best offer and he should take it. You people seem to make this kid out to be the next Lebron James, thinking he is God reincarnated into a basketball player. And I find it quite hilarious, that you would go so far and simply label me as a "Dyersburg fan" or a "puffs" soccer player. Just because your school cannot excell at every sport, meaning soccer, does not give you the utmost right to downgrade soccer players. Lastly, I honestly do not give any concern whether you ever reply to any of my posts hereafter.

Well, first off I personally don't think soccer is a puffs sport but I don't think you are a Blake fan....hence the reason you get the replies you do. Nobody thinks he is God reincarnated into a ball player....that is ridiculous. Do we think he is good and has tremendous potential...darn right we do!!!One thing about Blake is he is SMART. If some injury ever happens to prevent him from playing sports (God forbid)...you can bet he WILL still excel academically and have great things in his life. I for one don't think Blake has reached his full potential, by a long shot...some players in high school level out at a certain point...he just keeps improving his game.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think that there are two seniors that are better ball player. That is MJ and Ricky Taylor.

I think that the four best seniors are

1 MJ... MJ to me defines what a mr basketball is all about. He win and leads plus he does everything well it seems.

2 Ricky Talyor.. Probley the most althetic baller in this group. With his frame he is a matchup nightmare. i think he is gettin looks from ole miss.

3. Channin Geanes.. He can shoot, has the handles, Drive to the basket and finish. He has a lot of tools and he is getting better.

4. Justin Blake.. He has unreal range. Is 6'3. But needs to drive to the basket more than what he does.

ignore /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />