Region 3A

WCAballa11

I actually didn't mean that as an insult to DB. Considering how long they've been in existence I'm fairly impressed with them. I think they'll be the 3rd best team in their district next year.

As a Temple fan I'll take the label "over-achieving" any time. That just means they rely more on heart, smarts, and teamwork than on ability. That's my kind of team!

Better not bet on Temple not getting out of the region. That would require a pretty big upset.

it wouldn't take that big of an upset.

people seem to under estimate south pittsburg.

they're a bunch of big strong football players (remember they won state) who will body you up and then they also have a couple of shooters that can light you up. beware of south pittsburg. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of upsets, CSAS better be careful with much improved 21st Century. We all know Grace will beat CSAS in the 2nd round, but I'm not sure CSAS will make it that far.

By the way, nice article on Cobb and Hampton in today's paper. It's always good to see great players get some press before their last game or two.

Region 3A tournament is coming up.

some upset contenders in this region.

we've already seen it out of silverdale.

There are 3 great state tournament contenders but only 2 can go through.

who will the 2 be? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

this one is easy

considering that CSAS and Grace split the series in the regular season, CSAS with momentum only because Temple and Grace was such a good game and CSAS beat Temple both times in the regular season

CSAS has to play Grace and they will win

which means Temple doesnt have to play anyone in this tourney till the final against CSAS

i do say CSAS loses in the final game

Let's don't be cutting down David Brainerd. If you remember, Temple only beat David Brainerd by 14 a few weeks ago also. The guys at DB are all back next year, and will make some noise. Temple is an over-achieving team with a serious lack of depth. I don't expect them to get out of the region.

DBSFan,

Temple played DBS Jan. 29 and won 60-44 by a margin of 16 then played DBS again on Feb. 12 and won 79-42 by a margin of 37. I do not know how you feel about it, but for me, to get beat by anything more than a bucket feels like a lot, so 16 is a blow out, in my opinion, whether you are DBS or Temple, and we certainly got beat by that much or more a number of times. You always hope that getting blown out is a fluke and, for us, it has been a fluke. No team blew us out more than once.

I am not sure that I would agree with the depth statement. Of course we do not have 12 seniors but our bench seems to always be able to do a good job of maintaining when they come in to the game.

You certainly are aware that all the first round game games are being hosted by the higher seed and then the semis and finals are being held at Temple University's gym, both girls and boys. One thing that you may not realize is that holding it at McGilvary gym is as close to a neutral location as you could ask for. For the most part, our teams do not practice or play there any more than any other team in our district or region. It is true that our teams have practiced there a few times over the season because of schedule conflicts but not enough to call it any kind of a home court advantage. Grace beat us at McGilvary four out of five times two years ago.

I really do not see us not making it out of region but it does appear if that were to happen, it would put a smile on your face and all I can really say is "keep on frowning." /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Speaking of upsets, CSAS better be careful with much improved 21st Century. We all know Grace will beat CSAS in the 2nd round, but I'm not sure CSAS will make it that far.

your dumb as he11 to think that CSAS will lose to 21 Century, lets be realistic!

it will be CSAS and Temple in the final... End of story

By the way, nice article on Cobb and Hampton in today's paper. It's always good to see great players get some press before their last game or two.

What do you mean "We all know...?"

The way I remember CSAS beat Grace pretty well in the first match up and played Grace close in a ten point lost the second time. I am thinking that Grace pulled away in the end because CSAS had to start fouling to stop the clock. The second game, Dontay Hampton was on the bench. I do not personally see Grace winning against CSAS a second time, especially if Fuquan plays. Grace does not have the ability to play the faster paced game and that is the reason I think they lost to Temple because Temple pushed the ball harder up the court during the district title game then they had before.

I would personally love to see Temple, Grace, and CSAS all make it to the state but we know that is impossible. All three teams are worthy of being there! I believe Grace would dominate on teams that are not familiar with how to play them and CSAS made a great showing last year. I believe that CSAS did deserve to be there last year. They won all the right games and found themselves with some seriously good hardware in their trophy case as a result.

your dumb as he11 to think that CSAS will lose to 21 Century, lets be realistic!

I see it the same way. I cannot see Grace beating CSAS in the semis and no way will 21st Century advance past CSAS!

As to the region championship, CSAS played an excellent home game against Temple, leading most of the game. If both teams bring their best game, it would be a toss up as to who would win.

Wouldn't it be fun to see the Patriots and the Crusaders at the state championship game again this year?

I really can't argue with your statement that I'm "dumb as he**", but I never said I thought 21st would beat CSAS. I do think it's possible though, that's why CSAS better be careful.

If CSAS beats 21st, I really can't see them getting past Grace. I never thought I'd say this about Grace, but they are better coached than CSAS. And their team has been better tested this year. And they're a better defensive team than CSAS.

But CSAS won't have anything to be ashamed of. Placing 3rd in this region isn't all that bad. Well, actually they'll have alot to be ashamed of, but no need to start rubbing it in this early.

Wouldn't it be fun to see the Patriots and the Crusaders at the state championship game again this year?

I think it would be neat for either of those teams to be in the championship game, but not against each other...been there, done that.

Realistically, neither team belongs in the championship this year. My beloved Crusaders are good, but way down from last year and not near championship calibur...this year.

Based on what CSAS did last year with mostly underclassmen, and based on how they played their 1st game against Temple, I thought they'd have a shot at the title. But it seems that they peaked in December. I think championship teams are always improving, but they have gone stagnant, at best.

If CSAS beats 21st, I really can't see them getting past Grace. I never thought I'd say this about Grace, but they are better coached than CSAS. And their team has been better tested this year. And they're a better defensive team than CSAS.

But CSAS won't have anything to be ashamed of. Placing 3rd in this region isn't all that bad. Well, actually they'll have alot to be ashamed of, but no need to start rubbing it in this early.

Dad, everyone knows you're just trying to get a riled up responce with your off the wall statements but I will comment. How can Grace be better coached? (They lost to a lot less talented Temple in a $$ game) How have they been better tested? (Who have they played, non conference that was better than ANYONE CSAS played) A better defensive team? (Both give up about 50 points per game, with CSAS averaging 83 and Grace 60)

Enjoy your moment. Temple earned it but the Patriots are not going any where soon. There is a new sherriff in town and Temple's dominance over the region is over.

BTW - I'm sure Grace appreciates your support. After all, they did gift wrap their "big brother" a sub state birth!

I really can't argue with your statement that I'm "dumb as he**", but I never said I thought 21st would beat CSAS. I do think it's possible though, that's why CSAS better be careful.

Any team can beat anyone on any given night, but i don't see a 21st Century team that couldn't beat an injured and beat up silverdale team posing any problems. 21st without their point guard who left the team earlier in the season leaves them without a solid ball handler which is never a good thing against csas.

I think it would be neat for either of those teams to be in the championship game, but not against each other...been there, done that.

Realistically, neither team belongs in the championship this year. My beloved Crusaders are good, but way down from last year and not near championship calibur...this year.

Based on what CSAS did last year with mostly underclassmen, and based on how they played their 1st game against Temple, I thought they'd have a shot at the title. But it seems that they peaked in December. I think championship teams are always improving, but they have gone stagnant, at best.

The winner of grace and csas matchup will win the region, and will be the only region 3-A team to go to state. While not completely ruling out temple, the fact that they couldn't beat pickett at home more than likely leaves little to no chance of winning at pickett. That means although a rematch would be a journalist's dream, its not going to happen.