Reason why the officiating is bad.........

tvols75

Because you guys can't handle the thought of your team losing or not play as good as they should. If you guys are such great officials, why are you guys not going to the TSSAA and getting some stripes and a whistle?

The bald-headed black ref in district 13AA was hilarious tonight. Rechis just got through traveling (WHICH IT WAS A TRAVEL AND NO ONE COMPLAINS EXCEPT WESTVIEW FANS BECAUSE RECHIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE SO PERFECT), and then there was a timeout on the floor. The fans were giving this particular black guy a hard time, and he picked up his whistle and signaled if they wanted it. I thought it was very humorous, and I think if you guys can do it any better THAN MAKE A CHANGE AND GO TAKE THEIR PLACE!

This just in: THERE'S NO CONSPIRACY TO TAKE DOWN YOUR FAVORITE TEAM BY THE OFFICIALS!

There are going to be bad calls on both teams and to come on here and point out 1 call inparticular is kind of stupid seeing there are MANY CALLS IN A GAME!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you guys can't handle the thought of your team losing or not play as good as they should. If you guys are such great officials, why are you guys not going to the TSSAA and getting some stripes and a whistle?

The bald-headed black ref in district 13AA was hilarious tonight. Rechis just got through traveling (WHICH IT WAS A TRAVEL AND NO ONE COMPLAINS EXCEPT WESTVIEW FANS BECAUSE RECHIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE SO PERFECT), and then there was a timeout on the floor. The fans were giving this particular black guy a hard time, and he picked up his whistle and signaled if they wanted it. I thought it was very humorous, and I think if you guys can do it any better THAN MAKE A CHANGE AND GO TAKE THEIR PLACE!

This just in: THERE'S NO CONSPIRACY TO TAKE DOWN YOUR FAVORITE TEAM BY THE OFFICIALS!

There are going to be bad calls on both teams and to come on here and point out 1 call inparticular is kind of stupid seeing there are MANY CALLS IN A GAME!

Great post. I love it. Complaining never changes anything!!! I would love to see how some of the complainers in here would handle the heckling that comes with refereeing. I don't think they could handle it very well. The opportunity is open to all, so put up or shut up. And for those that decide that you will make a difference, you might want to stop by the store and buy some thick skin. You will need it. You will realize that you cannot call a good game. Most refs are considered good when they don't do a lot during the game. Crazy. Another forum talked about a puke bag, and boy could I use one on this topic!

Lets see why officiating is bad:

Confusion of what to do after the whistle is blown and a call is to be made??

Not having me as an official /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Testing whistle by blowing to see if it works.

Not being able to look anywhere but at his shoes.

Can't run down the other end in order to make calls

Ooh the most popular one is whining cause your team got beat /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great post. Could you imagine how some of the people on here who bash officials would do when they are getting bashed. They would crumble its easy to get on here and point fingers and lay blame. But most dont have the dexterity it takes to get on the floor and blow the whistle. I have said it before I dont always agree with the officials but I do respect them. Its a lose lose situation for them yet they still do it night in and night out. Listen people the TSSAA is an equal opportunity organization.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Great post. Could you imagine how some of the people on here who bash officials would do when they are getting bashed. They would crumble its easy to get on here and point fingers and lay blame. But most dont have the dexterity it takes to get on the floor and blow the whistle. I have said it before I dont always agree with the officials but I do respect them. Its a lose lose situation for them yet they still do it night in and night out. Listen people the TSSAA is an equal opportunity organization.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My two cents and its not worth much. (By the way I have worn the stripes. I even wore them once for an in-school event. That 's not easy.)

High schools coaches spend countless hours preparing for games including viewing game film. How many times a years does a ref go back and watch film of him or herself. I've seen a lot of games and have never seen it happen. I'm not saying its never done, but I believe it should be required a few times a year.

My two cents and its not worth much. (By the way I have worn the stripes. I even wore them once for an in-school event. That 's not easy.)

High schools coaches spend countless hours preparing for games including viewing game film. How many times a years does a ref go back and watch film of him or herself. I've seen a lot of games and have never seen it happen. I'm not saying its never done, but I believe it should be required a few times a year.

Now thats a VERY GOOD POINT! Ok mr melton or any other ref out there that has this info? How often do refs go back and watch film of their games and see if they blew a call or if they are getting into the right position to make calls? Geeker i almost started believing you dude but then you said "most dont have the dexterity" man i have seen some refs that have their bellys hanging over their belt and there is nothing about them that says they are dexterious! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It takes a "professional" to handle constructive criticism...They get hired to do the job, along with the job is criticism that every job has. Even the coaches and players get crticized. I'm sure some of you have been critcized for doing something wrong with your jobs. This day and age, it's impossible for someone not to be criticized for what their doing. Stuff as blantant as a ball being kicked off someone's foot in plain view and given to the other team. Stuff like that should not be going on at the high school level. That's something you could expect from a Jr. High ref but in a big game in a big tournament in high school calls like that shouldn't be missed. I'll no longer say anything about the refs as I know their job is hard and they don't HAVE to do the job.

It takes a "professional" to handle constructive criticism...They get hired to do the job, along with the job is criticism that every job has. Even the coaches and players get crticized. I'm sure some of you have been critcized for doing something wrong with your jobs. This day and age, it's impossible for someone not to be criticized for what their doing. Stuff as blantant as a ball being kicked off someone's foot in plain view and given to the other team. Stuff like that should not be going on at the high school level. That's something you could expect from a Jr. High ref but in a big game in a big tournament in high school calls like that shouldn't be missed. I'll no longer say anything about the refs as I know their job is hard and they don't HAVE to do the job.

While it shouldn't happen, it does. Did anyone on here see the Tennessee and Kentucky game? A kicked ball right in front of one of the officials was missed. It happens on ALL levels!

As an official, it is not like we miss these calls on purpose. We work hard for the kids and try to provide the best officiating that we can. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get every call right. Calls will be missed, it is inevitable no matter what the level...For the most part though, the officials do a great job.

While it shouldn't happen, it does. Did anyone on here see the Tennessee and Kentucky game? A kicked ball right in front of one of the officials was missed. It happens on ALL levels!

As an official, it is not like we miss these calls on purpose. We work hard for the kids and try to provide the best officiating that we can. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get every call right. Calls will be missed, it is inevitable no matter what the level...For the most part though, the officials do a great job.

I want to tell you officials one thing.....I personally want to thank the ones of you that do your job and do it as best that you can..I give you guys a hard time but just poke to have a lil fun and the ones that i have poked at are good sports and i try to be respectful to them... but they are a few out there i mean to give a hard time maybe they will do a lil better not asking much but a blind man could do better than some /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I realize that does not justify be critical to all of the officials so I wanted you to know this....but if your one them there bad ones look out you could get your own award /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No blood no foul rule on my part /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I hope you have a good sense of humor some on hear not mentioning no names or anything they are a lil harsh and do not know how to express concern without being a jack arse but you have my respect for your post thanks...

The watching of film is not something that many officials get the opportunity to do.

Ideally, the home team would send a copy of the film to each official after the game. The school has the officials address. The officials would then review the film and make notes on areas of improvement and any unusaul plays they may have during the game. Watching film is a great tool for the officials. At this time, there is no program in place that allows the officials to get a copy of the tape. It would cost the schools extra money for additional DVD's to be dubbed and the postage for the film. We discussed this in an earlier thread during the regular season.