Best Wrestler not to make the finals nominations

maj

Did anyone else catch Josh Patton ? With the exception of his bout with Croy, he DISMANTLED his side of the bracket. I have never seen an OW go to a 3rd place guy but this kid would have been a great one to start with. Would love to have seen a true second place match.

Did anyone else catch Josh Patton ? With the exception of his bout with Croy, he DISMANTLED his side of the bracket. I have never seen an OW go to a 3rd place guy but this kid would have been a great one to start with. Would love to have seen a true second place match.

Trevor Herron 125 BCHS.

I thought he beat Boone,He had 3 takedowns in the last few seconds, just couldn't get a call.

great match. maybe we will see a rematch next year.

He beat Livingston 14-0 on his way to third he's only a soph.

How many returning state champions didn't repeat a trip to the finals...I can think of 3.

I will give you all three (one didn't make it to third though, shame it was):

Jeremy Miller (Greenback)

Daniel Baucke (CBHS)

Jake Young (Ooltewah)

I agree with the others on Patton and Herron both looked extremely tough. If I can get some time tonight I might see if I can add a few other names to this list.

I'll go out on a limb now and predict that Mr. "Josh" Patton will be in the finals

next year @ 215! The young man is that good.

When I was watching Patton wrestle I was scared. I know this was said eariler, but aside from his Croy match, he pinned everyone else, including Flynn, which I find a huge accomplishment.

I chuckled a little seeing one person pick Patton to win state this year, but now I see why he said that.

Heacock is a great wrestler, but when he lost in the round of 16, he had a tough road to get to the medal rounds.

Another would be Miller of Greenback, and Matt Gabriel of Independence.