bfan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just a fan last night at the 7AA district finials with no

child playing and I was just wondering who or how the

all district tournament team was chosen.

There are coaches and officials from the hosting school that watch the players and keep stats on them then they choose all together and vote.

Actually, I have been a part of 12AAA, 11AAA, 9AAA, 9AA, 8AA, and 10A and they were all picked by the coaches in the district. Every single time. Maybe 7AA is different, but I highly doubt it. Most coaches don't want you to know how much they control this. As a matter of fact I can distinctly remember one VERY prominent coach that refused to nominate his best player for all-district even though every other coach in the room knew he should be. Who knows why.

Actually, I have been a part of 12AAA, 11AAA, 9AAA, 9AA, 8AA, and 10A and they were all picked by the coaches in the district. Every single time. Maybe 7AA is different, but I highly doubt it. Most coaches don't want you to know how much they control this. As a matter of fact I can distinctly remember one VERY prominent coach that refused to nominate his best player for all-district even though every other coach in the room knew he should be. Who knows why.

That's sad. Probably didn't like his parents.

I was just a fan last night at the 7AA district finials with no

child playing and I was just wondering who or how the

all district tournament team was chosen.

I left after the game to go back to watch JC & Clarkrange game. By the way.....it was a great game!

Who all received All tournament in 7AA??

Killer had to of from Livingston & I'm sure Davis was MVP......who else??

I left after the game to go back to watch JC & Clarkrange game. By the way.....it was a great game!

Who all received All tournament in 7AA??

Killer had to of from Livingston & I'm sure Davis was MVP......who else??

yep, Kilgore, and your lil pointguard....Taylor? Yeah, I think that is right.

my apologies to the rest of the teams for my bad memory. It is not that I dont care, cause I do. I know everyone came and played hard, I just do not have the names of these kids locked into my memory like you folks who have been around here for forever.

I do remember that there was a kid from Smith Co (not KF), a couple from Cannon, and a couple from York.

Then there was the three headed monster of Davis/Maynard/Dyer from Upperman, with Davis being MVP.

Hogeye, it was not hard to notice that your team is set up very well for the future. I really like watching that M. Sells kid play. She gets after it.

But plenty of ball left to play this year. Good luck to your girls and boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think it's a valid question whether it's 7AA or 13A. gator, everbody has opinions. Whether bfan agreed or not, what's wrong with asking?

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I dont think I ever said it was NOT a valid question. Was just wondering if they would have made changes, that is all. We are all entitled to opinions, and I was just wondering what bfans opinions were.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> <-----Ive been wanting to use that smilie for a long time, and can never find a use for it, so you get it here.

yep, Kilgore, and your lil pointguard....Taylor? Yeah, I think that is right.

my apologies to the rest of the teams for my bad memory. It is not that I dont care, cause I do. I know everyone came and played hard, I just do not have the names of these kids locked into my memory like you folks who have been around here for forever.

I do remember that there was a kid from Smith Co (not KF), a couple from Cannon, and a couple from York.

Then there was the three headed monster of Davis/Maynard/Dyer from Upperman, with Davis being MVP.

Hogeye, it was not hard to notice that your team is set up very well for the future. I really like watching that M. Sells kid play. She gets after it.

But plenty of ball left to play this year. Good luck to your girls and boys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for he info. I know how LA finished we only had two girls....that had to be a hard one to pick. I thought both the Sells girls played well. I knew Killer would be one of them but the other spot was a toss up. Taylor is a hustler & a good kid(good attitude). Makenzie Sells is fun to watch.....she is the total package & she has 3 more years to develop her talent. Alissa Sells can shoot the lights out & pick your pocket at any time. Adrian West ....when she gets hot you better watch out(she has improved so much this year). Any one of these girls could have made it....Taylor stood out to the coaches. Good job LA.....

gatorbill, Of course you have the "three headed monster" combo with Davis, Dyer & Maynard but I also think you are loaded with Roberts & Biles. Roberts really caught my attention the last time we played you & in this tournament. Good luck to you guys.....hope we see you in the finals /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks for he info. I know how LA finished we only had two girls....that had to be a hard one to pick. I thought both the Sells girls played well. I knew Killer would be one of them but the other spot was a toss up. Taylor is a hustler & a good kid(good attitude). Makenzie Sells is fun to watch.....she is the total package & she has 3 more years to develop her talent. Alissa Sells can shoot the lights out & pick your pocket at any time. Adrian West ....when she gets hot you better watch out(she has improved so much this year). Any one of these girls could have made it....Taylor stood out to the coaches. Good job LA.....

gatorbill, Of course you have the "three headed monster" combo with Davis, Dyer & Maynard but I also think you are loaded with Roberts & Biles. Roberts really caught my attention the last time we played you & in this tournament. Good luck to you guys.....hope we see you in the finals /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thanks, and good luck to you too. I think that would be a great finals!! Im hoping for it.

I agree that Roberts and Biles are what kind of push us over the edge. I think Biles just took a few games to get her confidence, and once she was comfortable and was willing to become an offensive threat, she really started to make a difference.

Roberts. Well, that is one of the toughest kids i have ever seen. I think she is the X factor with this team. She has such a bigger role this year, and it almost looked like she struggled early in the year trying to get used to being so involved with things. She had the luxury last year of coming in and being a sharpshooter, but kind of being under the radar. This year she needed to be a major factor for the entire game, and I think she has adjusted really well. In my opinion (just me thinking of course) Roberts is the key to this whole thing. The Three Headed Monster will be there. They can score many different ways, and their defense is incredible. Roberts has played EXCELLENT defense all year, and like I said, is tough as nails. But when she gets into it offensively as well, I think this team is unbeatable.

and as long as Biles understands that none of this works if she is not a scoring threat....then we are ok.

hahahaha, what a big ol CLUSTER this game can be sometimes!! I think that is why I love it so much.