4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

call me crazy, but speed, power, execution, etc. usually have something to do with it...

i want to win the U.S. Open - badly - what are my odds?

I agree with the above. Just don't see much separation in the region

to date. Just may come down to who wants it the most. I think the

region is a toss up for the top 4???

So who do you think will finish 1 thru 4?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the above. Just don't see much separation in the region

to date. Just may come down to who wants it the most. I think the

region is a toss up for the top 4???

So who do you think will finish 1 thru 4?

i agree will be a great yr as for the top 4 still to early . as for you winning the us open you have to really work hard and get my shots out of the pond for 2weeks and you will be on your way to winning good luck

I think that this statement is very true. Coach Robbins made a huge impact at Smyrna. Anyone know what he is doing now?

I heard he is open to the highest bidder.

Okay here are my predictions at this stage of the game for the top 4 finishes:

1. Smyrna- I just think they have the winning attitude right now.

2. Wilson Central- With Elrod back, I just think they can't be discounted. These guys are scrappy

3. Riverdale- They aren't going away yet....but the clock is ticking to find a DC.

4. Oakland- yes, we are back in it baby!

Lebanon has a ton of talent but the lack of depth will kill them esp if those kids get injured.

Lavergne is rebuilding and dealing with some youth.

Siegel- a lot of talent but will miss Montori and has an unproven DC where defense has been their strength the last few yrs.

Blackman will have a heart-breaking loss to OHS in week 10 and just misses the playoffs.

found this on the front page of " scout.com" under news from the big east. thought it was interesting in light of all of tigerpride's craziness on here a few weeks back.

List of schools growing

by Staff of VandyMania.com, June 7, 2008 at 12:06pm ET

Josh Patton Profile

The list of schools interested in Blackman linebacker Josh Patton continues to grow. Miami (Ohio) has now entered the picture. According to Patton's father, Jeff, Josh will visit the Red Hawks on July 24.

Patton, who had 129 tackles and 4 caused fumbles as a junior, has also sheduled visits to Vanderbilt, Louisville and Navy. He will visit the Midshipmen on June 24, the Cardinals on July 13 and the Commodores on July 20.

Stay tuned to VandyMania.com/Scout.com for more on future college star Josh Patton.

Tenn. LB Gaining Interest

By Chris Layton

unauthorized website Publisher

Posted Jun 3, 2008

Josh Patton, 6??™2, 212 pound linebacker from Murfreesboro ??“ Blackman (Tenn.) is getting interest from several schools. Find out who is recruiting this linebacker and what he thinks about each.

Josh Patton reported, ???Louisville, Vanderbilt, and Navy are the top three schools recruiting me.??? As far as visiting any of these schools Patton said, ???Not yet, but I already have plans set up.???

???I don??™t know tons about Louisville. I know it??™s a really good program, but I??™m really excited to go up there this summer.??? explained Patton.

He went on to say, ???I like Navy. I??™ve talked to coach a couple of times. I know it??™s a great school academically. I love the benefits and my grandfather taught there so I know a lot from him.???

A local school after Patton is Vanderbilt. Patton commented, ???I really like them too. I??™m going to there senior camp this summer and we??™ll see how that goes and if I could play in the SEC that would be huge for me.???

Education will play a vital role in Patton??™s choice. He explained, ???Not only a good football program, but more importantly a great academic school that will prepare me for the rest of my life.???

When asked what makes him a good player, he responded, ???My ability to read plays quickly, get in the holes and deliver a big hit.???

Patton thinks Blackman should have a good season in 2008. He said, ???I think we are going to be very good. I can definitely see us winning the region. Smyrna is going to be tough competition, but I think we??™re going to be very good this year.???

For the first time EVER, this Region is an absolute toss up. I could see every team in the region, except for LaVergne, making a run at this thing.

I just don't like what Smyrna did this offseason. Losing Shad was not a shock, but the replacement was. This guy might be a great coach, but it sure hasn't resulted in much on the field recently. They still have a lot of talent, but when you combine losing Robbins, Rod, Sonny, and Shad.........could be a 5-5 or 6-4 season on Almaville Road, unless their O-Line dominates people.

Riverdale has become the enigma. Regular season producer, playoff disaster. Lots of O-Line losses and their backfield personnel has gotten progressively worse. I hear their young QB could be a star, but they look very green. They look 6-4 ish to me as well.

Wilson Central seems to be the team that makes the most sense to finish first, but they lost some very good players. The McChurch kid was just a heck of a football player and did so many things for them. If they can get some decent QB play, they will win the Region, but that not so small fact has a huge question mark.

Blackman probably has the best skill players in the Region, but they just haven't done it yet. They could finish first or last and I would not be surprised. Patton and some of the other older guys' leadership will determine how far this team goes. Michael Crocker is the HUGE X-factor here. If he gets his head right and focuses on what really matters, this team could go DEEP. Good gamble here on Wells part. Really like Jerry Jones picking up Pacman for 15 cents on the dollar (not in any way comparing Mike to Pac....but you see the point). Minimal risk (one year), potential high rewards (region championship).

I have no confidence in Siegel, simply because they have had some talent recently, but their staff can't seem to put it all together. I think this is a put-up or shut-up year for that staff. This Region is wide open, and they have the talent level to finish third or so.

Lebanon is another team that I just can't figure out. They could finish first or last too. One thing I noticed is the Maynard kid was severly underutilized last year. That kid reminds me of McChurch in that he can do everything really well.

Oakland is intriguing too. I look for them to make a bounce back in the next two years, but I kind of think that this will not be the year. But they will ruin somebody's season.

LaVergne is young, young, young. I really think Hester will be a great coach. I like his style of play and he knows how to utilize his athletes in space. But, I hope he learned his lesson last year in that you never leave your fate up to the leg of a 17 year old if you don't have to. He got conservative in the red zone twice last year (Lebanon and Smyrna) and it cost them dearly. That is a team that could have done serious playoff damage if they would have gotten in.

Ok, what does everyone thinking about the Z plan? I am hating it. Lebanon sure got lucky!!! They will breeze into the playoffs while the rest of region 4 will be sweating! Wonder if all the newer coaches are regretting the move to this region. It is a little like the old district 7 where the top 2 finishers went to the playoffs and everyone else stayed home. I am hating this! Where is everyone??

Ok, what does everyone thinking about the Z plan? I am hating it. Lebanon sure got lucky!!! They will breeze into the playoffs while the rest of region 4 will be sweating! Wonder if all the newer coaches are regretting the move to this region. It is a little like the old district 7 where the top 2 finishers went to the playoffs and everyone else stayed home. I am hating this! Where is everyone??

Well at least the 'lift' should be usefull for a couple of more years now that they will be playing some new teams that don't know about it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well at least the 'lift' should be usefull for a couple of more years now that they will be playing some new teams that don't know about it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> WE can be sure to let them know though.

I heard he is open to the highest bidder.

Okay here are my predictions at this stage of the game for the top 4 finishes:

1. Smyrna- I just think they have the winning attitude right now.

2. Wilson Central- With Elrod back, I just think they can't be discounted. These guys are scrappy

3. Riverdale- They aren't going away yet....but the clock is ticking to find a DC.

4. Oakland- yes, we are back in it baby!

Lebanon has a ton of talent but the lack of depth will kill them esp if those kids get injured.

Lavergne is rebuilding and dealing with some youth.

Siegel- a lot of talent but will miss Montori and has an unproven DC where defense has been their strength the last few yrs.

Blackman will have a heart-breaking loss to OHS in week 10 and just misses the playoffs.

Robbins is with Shadowens at MTCS (has been since Shadowens left) and all that is left of the back to back staff is Keasler, Mid and Hawkins. Everyone else has bailed!