4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

No offense guys, but just because you guys post on CoachT does not mean you guys all have this infinite amount of knowledge and those who dont or newbies, just have no clue what their talking about. That whole argument is completely archaic, so its time to put it to rest.

As for Riverdale, yes people have been saying for years and years the talent has gone down, but talent means nothing if its not used properly. Riverdale's talent has gone down a little, but not enough for it to make a huge difference. I absolutely do not believe it for a second that Riverdale will only win for 5-6 games when this program has been a lock for 10 wins every year for the past 16-17 years, and until that day comes, I expect nothing less from Riverdale.

Blackman was a break here and a break there from having a breakthrough season last year. They had a very stout defense that kept them in a lot of games, but the offense simply wasnt at that point yet. They dont have to score a ton of points for them to win, if they can just average in the 17-20 range every week, and if they defense returns to form, they will be a tough out each and every week for whoever has to face them.

Well said oakland patriots...i just hope we get some of those breaks this year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If they can just average in the 17-20 range every week, and if their defense returns to form, they will be a tough out each week for whoever has to face them." Isnt that the case for every team, not just the Blaze? So its not like your recreating the wheel either. But what form would you expect the Blaze defense to return to? The form that gave up 31 to Wilson Central, 24 to Siegel, or 28 to Oakland? None of which had exactly dynamic offenses.

overall the blaze gave up an average of about 15 or 16 points per game...that should work and it should be better than that with most starters returning...that is pretty good form...and since you like to make bold statements...i'll make one too...blackman defense will be VERY, VERY GOOD...and their will be NO crow eating on this one...for me at least

fumbles in the red zone (like 7 or 8 of them) don't help those scores either...go back and look at the stats and read the papers...you'll find out that our offense last year put our defense in SOME TERRIBLE positions ...especially in the three games you mentioned...so the defense is not really to blame when the offense turns the ball over on the 7 yard line (oakland knows what i am talking about)

once again...you make statements...but.........they are half true...it is true that these teams scored this many points...but it was not because our defense was not any good...keep coming boroguy...add a little research of the facts and you'll get there /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok RIVERDALE, for a minute please take off those red (or cardinal, or maroon, etc.) and gold colored glasses that your looking out of , and look at this from a rationale point of view. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I never meant that Blackman was as GOOD, but rather they were just as TALENTED as 3 of the 4 playoff teams last year. ( Definately not as talented as Smyrna) Blackman should of never gotten beaten at LaVergne in week 0 last year, and they for the first time since they '02 they had they horses to beat Riverdale last year.

Ok so i ask you a question that has nothing to do with RIVERDALE and you tell me to take my glasses off? then you never answer the question....or are you saying they should have been there instead of lavergne? what happened when u played them heads up? what was the score

Any news on a defensive coordinator for Riverdale yet?

Will the Warriors participate in any of the 7-on-7 passing tournaments? Even if we aren't focused on improving the passing game it would be great work for our defensive backs. Passing and defending the pass were both areas that needed improving last year...hopefully we'll seize any good opportunities to get work in those areas.

Heard a few good things about the OL guys...

Football is just around the corner...Go Warriors!!!

LaVergne 7 on 7 Tournament

Tuesday July 15th, Pool Play starts at 9am. Tourney after Lunch. The schools participating are LaVergne, Siegel, MTCS, Marshall County, Giles County, Lincoln County, Brentwood, Hillsboro, Tullahoma, Antioch, Stratford and BGA.

TDCman i have not heard anything about a DC i have heard about one that fell through so they are now looking elsewhere also they have named a new head freshman coach but i do not know if it is official so i will not mention his name (already a teacher at RIVERDALE)

I am very puzzled on what is taking so long to get a DC...we have the premier teaching position open and yet we do not have a DC doesnt make sense i would think that coaches would be knocking down the door for this job....I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WARRIORS

This is a FACT.................the well has run dry. Check the TSSAA site; many schools in Middle Tenn are looking for coaches. Just about every school in Reg 4-5A is looking for a coach(s). There are none out there!! This is a recent phenomenon.................I am assuming that very few young people are going into teaching/coaching. Pay is not good and hours are long.

Use to be that there was generally an abundance of "young" coaches and quality experienced coaches were always hard to find. Now it is the Younger coaches that are hard to find and an experienced coach is nigh on to impossible to find.

What this means; is that there is a "sea change" coming in HS athletics and many of you may not like it!! I am older (would rather say mature) retired coach that loves the game, and I really enjoy helping out as much as I can, and will continue to do so as long as I fell that I can make a contribution............., but guys like myself have a very "limited" shelf life (LOL).

While I am on the soap box; I would also like some of you to take the above fact into consideration as we go along and be a little nicer to those that do decide to make coaching their profession............"That coach that you are just certain need to be gone............might not be so adequately replaced".

The winning % this fall in HS football in the state of Tennessee will be .500..............exactly half will win and half will lose. UNLESS the Franklin-Hillsboro coaches decide to have a tie again!!

So please be nice (as you can).............

it is a great game!!

it wouldnt say there arent any coaches out there some schools have coaching opening but dont have teaching positions. I know siegel has multiple openings for some coaching positions but they only have 1 teaching position open

I think part of it is that the perception is that teachers dont make any money so they look elswhere for a job coming out of college..you know ..teachers do not do that bad...they make a pretty good salary for onyl working 10 months a year...if i had to do over again i would go to school and be a teacher but i am a 37 year old man now and the last thing i wanted when i was an 18 year old punk was to do more school...if we can get more of our kids to really see the benefit with working with the youth and the benefit of coaching a team and watch those kids grow from the lessons they learn on the feild or court more of the young ones would become teachers and coaches

I think part of it is that the perception is that teachers dont make any money so they look elswhere for a job coming out of college..you know ..teachers do not do that bad...they make a pretty good salary for onyl working 10 months a year...if i had to do over again i would go to school and be a teacher but i am a 37 year old man now and the last thing i wanted when i was an 18 year old punk was to do more school...if we can get more of our kids to really see the benefit with working with the youth and the benefit of coaching a team and watch those kids grow from the lessons they learn on the feild or court more of the young ones would become teachers and coaches

I coach two sports and I hate to break it to you, but I have never seen 10 months a year, much less 8 hour days. Everybody who thinks it is 8 hour days and ten month years needs to give it a whirl.

Getting close to football time...

Did a little digging into the pre-season college prospects in the region. It really looks like, going in, that the talent level is down in the region compared to last year. Of course, we all know that there will be some players emerge as the year moves on. I dug around Rivals and Scout and some old stuff I had to compile this.

Last year going into the season, these were the 'prospects' listed by the services:

Wilks Smyrna

Allen Smyrna

Gray smyrna

Spurlock Riverdale

Verge Riverdale

Lilienthal Riverdale

McClain Riverdale

Hughes Siegel

Bryant Lavergne

Gray lavergne

Ukwu Lavergne

Wallace Blackman

Smith Blackman

This year going into the season the 'prospects' listed by the services are:

Cruse Siegel (listed by all the sites)

Eady Smyrna

Smithson Riverdale (listed by all the sites)

Patton Blackman

McMurray wilson central

Jenkins Wilson central

Brooks Wilson Central

Barrett Oakland

The big thing that sticks out is WC...wow!! Maybe they need to be getting some more props. They got a pair of 6-3+ WRs (McMurray & Jenkins) so we should expect them to throw more this year.

Who (seniors) is not on these lists that should be?

On another topic. The Riverdale web site is really taking off....I think we've got something going there. I think we're heading back to having a premiere web site. Kudos to whoever is doing all of that hard work

Getting close to football time...

Did a little digging into the pre-season college prospects in the region. It really looks like, going in, that the talent level is down in the region compared to last year. Of course, we all know that there will be some players emerge as the year moves on. I dug around Rivals and Scout and some old stuff I had to compile this.

Last year going into the season, these were the 'prospects' listed by the services:

Wilks Smyrna

Allen Smyrna

Gray smyrna

Spurlock Riverdale

Verge Riverdale

Lilienthal Riverdale

McClain Riverdale

Hughes Siegel

Bryant Lavergne

Gray lavergne

Ukwu Lavergne

Wallace Blackman

Smith Blackman

This year going into the season the 'prospects' listed by the services are:

Cruse Siegel (listed by all the sites)

Eady Smyrna

Smithson Riverdale (listed by all the sites)

Patton Blackman

McMurray wilson central

Jenkins Wilson central

Brooks Wilson Central

Barrett Oakland

The big thing that sticks out is WC...wow!! Maybe they need to be getting some more props. They got a pair of 6-3+ WRs (McMurray & Jenkins) so we should expect them to throw more this year.

Who (seniors) is not on these lists that should be?

On another topic. The Riverdale web site is really taking off....I think we've got something going there. I think we're heading back to having a premiere web site. Kudos to whoever is doing all of that hard work

Justin Bowers of Blackman is also getting looks as a defensive player. Probably strong safety type player. He is just not on scout or rivals. And just checked, Patton is on both rivals and scout. It just did not show up when you typed his name, so you had to look under inside linebacker.