IMAC 2008

mwtfan

IMAC PREDICTIONS

Jefferson hosting Cherokee

The Lady Chiefs go scalp hunting down in the valley of the dumpling today to take on the Lady Patriots as they search for former days of IMAC glory. Historically, the Patriots have defended their land well and I expect will fight admirably today. Jeff is in fight, fight, fight mode and they are certainly willing to pay whatever the price; however, today the only Price that matters is the one wearing Black and Red. Ashlee Price has a big game and Whitney Gilbert lets everyone know why she is the big Chief on campus. Lance's Loser: Jefferson

West at East

Just east of the Southern Cumberlands, will host the IMAC battle of the day. East is fresh off huge conference win vs Cherokee, but will finally find out where they stand as the Lady Trojans come-a-calling. I really like the Trojans in this one, but if their sunshine thought it was hot in Florida she will finally feel the IMAC heat today. West has speed at every corner, their defense is incredible, a bench that is deeper than any in the conference, and McKinney and Nut provide enough punch to knock you into tomorrow. Trojans win in every category except it is the year of the IBUS. Lance's Loser: West

The crystal ball is overheating today -- Persie, get me out of here.

Alas, Lance does not know all. Cherokee vs. JCHS not until April 7. However; I agree Hurricanes blow the Trojans away tonight. It will be a extremely good game though, but to much muscle for the Trojans.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAC PREDICTIONS

Jefferson hosting Cherokee

The Lady Chiefs go scalp hunting down in the valley of the dumpling today to take on the Lady Patriots as they search for former days of IMAC glory. Historically, the Patriots have defended their land well and I expect will fight admirably today. Jeff is in fight, fight, fight mode and they are certainly willing to pay whatever the price; however, today the only Price that matters is the one wearing Black and Red. Ashlee Price has a big game and Whitney Gilbert lets everyone know why she is the big Chief on campus. Lance's Loser: Jefferson

West at East

Just east of the Southern Cumberlands, will host the IMAC battle of the day. East is fresh off huge conference win vs Cherokee, but will finally find out where they stand as the Lady Trojans come-a-calling. I really like the Trojans in this one, but if their sunshine thought it was hot in Florida she will finally feel the IMAC heat today. West has speed at every corner, their defense is incredible, a bench that is deeper than any in the conference, and McKinney and Nut provide enough punch to knock you into tomorrow. Trojans win in every category except it is the year of the IBUS. Lance's Loser: West

The crystal ball is overheating today -- Persie, get me out of here.

Lance, you are the man, but I'm glad you were off on this one. It was really kind of eerie when East came back with a 5 spot in the 5th to tie it up. I'm thinking, what the heck just happened? Maybe Lance DOES know all. West ladies showed a lot of gumption coming back after a horrible inning. A very entertaining game for all, and I wouldn't have expected anything less. It's always a great game when these 2 go at it. The middle of that lineup: Hefner, Masengill & Watson came early & stayed late. What a huge double play in the 6th by Wild-Hefner-Watson, very possibly the game saver. Great game to all! Let's do it again in a few weeks.

Lance, you are the man, but I'm glad you were off on this one. It was really kind of eerie when East came back with a 5 spot in the 5th to tie it up. I'm thinking, what the heck just happened? Maybe Lance DOES know all. West ladies showed a lot of gumption coming back after a horrible inning. A very entertaining game for all, and I wouldn't have expected anything less. It's always a great game when these 2 go at it. The middle of that lineup: Hefner, Masengill & Watson came early & stayed late. What a huge double play in the 6th by Wild-Hefner-Watson, very possibly the game saver. Great game to all! Let's do it again in a few weeks.

Congrats Lady Trojans!!!!! Lady Trojans are gettin er done this season so far, after losing 7 seniors last year this is very impressive. Hurricanes blow in to Dumplin Valley Thursday night, should be a good one. Cherokee a loss, Hurricanes a loss, JCHS a loss. Here a loss, There a loss, Every where a loss loss.(except for Lady Trojans) IMAC race heatin up already. Every game will count this year. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Lady Trojans!!!!! Lady Trojans are gettin er done this season so far, after losing 7 seniors last year this is very impressive. Hurricanes blow in to Dumplin Valley Thursday night, should be a good one. Cherokee a loss, Hurricanes a loss, JCHS a loss. Here a loss, There a loss, Every where a loss loss.(except for Lady Trojans) IMAC race heatin up already. Every game will count this year. GO LADY PATS!!!!!!!!!

Friday's game between Cherokee and West is shaping up to be a big one. Cherokee can level the field and basically start the regular season over again, or West can claim a commanding lead going into the back half of regular season.

Looks like the formula of success among the top 4 is to win all your home games and try to steel one on the road, Not sure you can call West at Frank Lorino an away game though.

Stay tuned.

I thought the JCHS/East game was at Frank Lorino

Here is the Lance version.

East had put 5 straight runs on the Trojans (it was pucker time baby). Lance will be correct -- until the missing batters box was complained about and the game stopped. This point is interesting. It has been said that the argument began from a West fan for which the coach ultimately complained. Regardless - umpire stops the game and decides that batters box needs to be redrawn and wants chalk. Field doesn't belong to school so have to stop game to contact recreation department to get chalk on the way. East coach's argued that he just needed to draw a box and play. It hadn't been a problem for 5 innings. Anyway - 15 to 20 minutes later (old mo had left the building) he draws the box in (as suggested 15 minutes earlier) and then box gets redrawn in between inning. Umpire completely blew that one especially if pushed around by fan not to mention the coach. Place is rocking - 4 hitter in box and go ahead run at second. Batter pops up and inning is over. IF WEST COACH got away with it - stroke of genius. Umpire should not control the flow of the game right there.

Anyway - following inning - I think two outs with runners at second and third and Heffner hitting. She did what she does best - sticks a dagger in your heart. Not sure they were pitching to Heffner but she don't need a strike to get the bat on the ball - awesome hit Nut.

Umpire didn't decide the game, but interupted the flow. It was pucker time at Challenger and the umpire was the first to cave (lol). No home cooking for East this night.

Great game. Trojan middle line up was awesome. 6 or 7 errors by Canes - can't win the IMAC with that.

DZ - MWTFAN: Someone help me. My first missed prediction in over 3 years. I'm shaken; however, I did say the Trojans should win, but I said it was the year of the IBUS. Maybe I was just confused -- time will tell. mwtfan -- see you for steaks in couple of weeks.

Anyone know where the district is this year?

East had put 5 straight runs on the Trojans (it was pucker time baby). Lance will be correct -- until the missing batters box was complained about and the game stopped. This point is interesting. It has been said that the argument began from a West fan for which the coach ultimately complained. Regardless - umpire stops the game and decides that batters box needs to be redrawn and wants chalk. Field doesn't belong to school so have to stop game to contact recreation department to get chalk on the way. East coach's argued that he just needed to draw a box and play. It hadn't been a problem for 5 innings. Anyway - 15 to 20 minutes later (old mo had left the building) he draws the box in (as suggested 15 minutes earlier) and then box gets redrawn in between inning. Umpire completely blew that one especially if pushed around by fan not to mention the coach. Place is rocking - 4 hitter in box and go ahead run at second. Batter pops up and inning is over. IF WEST COACH got away with it - stroke of genius. Umpire should not control the flow of the game right there.

Anyway - following inning - I think two outs with runners at second and third and Heffner hitting. She did what she does best - sticks a dagger in your heart. Not sure they were pitching to Heffner but she don't need a strike to get the bat on the ball - awesome hit Nut.

Umpire didn't decide the game, but interupted the flow. It was pucker time at Challenger and the umpire was the first to cave (lol). No home cooking for East this night.

Great game. Trojan middle line up was awesome. 6 or 7 errors by Canes - can't win the IMAC with that.

DZ - MWTFAN: Someone help me. My first missed prediction in over 3 years. I'm shaken; however, I did say the Trojans should win, but I said it was the year of the IBUS. Maybe I was just confused -- time will tell. mwtfan -- see you for steaks in couple of weeks.

Hmmm....I do find that interesting. I can't imagine West, in particular, would have a problem with a team crowding the plate a little.

Through the years, I have witnessed some of the "wildest" games you can imagine where the name of the game was to 1) take the chalk away and 2) take the plate away.

Sorry Mwtfan.....could not resist.

Very interesting indeed, with West's speed and slapping you would think they would be the last to complain about the front of the box. As I have heard it the front of the box goes away next year, anyone else heard that. I stand corrected about the venue for East vs JCHS it is at Frank Larino. Couldn't resist the Hurricanes blowin into town bit.

Anyway, tommorrow night and friday should be interesting.

Cocke County at Cherokee

The Lady Red fighting chickens will head to Rogersville and try to sneak up on Gilbert and company. Not only do the Chiefs have an ear to the ground listening for their arrival ??“ they love chicken. Lady Red improved but still not ready for this (can't score on Gilbert). Lance??™s Loser: Cocke County

Jefferson at Morristown East

Lady Patriots travel to Morristown to find out which of these teams is pretendor or contender. East fresh off emotional loss with errors abounding has little time to shore up issues to take on a quality Patriot team. Jeff and East match up well and tote similar defensive talent and equal number of offensive threats. Difference today is Taylor as she has the slight advantage ??“ unless Canes ???drop the ball???. Lance??™s Loser: Jefferson

The West coach never said a word to ump about the batter's box. There were several West fans yellin' about the batter being out of the box for several pitches. West's catcher then turned and asked the ump if the batter was in the box. At that point, the ump (who'd obviously heard the fans as well) called both coaches together & the delay was on. I don't believe it was part of any 'grand plan' to stall the East momentum, but it sure did work out that way. I still don't understand why 'Blue' didn't just take a bat handle and draw in the front of the boxes immediately. I've seen it done many, many times. He made an easy task difficult. The funniest thing about the whole ordeal was that when they re-ligned the boxes, they still left the front sides open. It was hilarious.

How'd you come up with 6 or 7 errors? I can remember 1 in LF, 1 at 3rd, 1 possibly 2 in right. I think the more tell-tell stat was West - 13 hits, East - 7. East was actually more productive than West at getting their base runners across the plate, West stranded 7 runners, whereas I think East only left 2 out there.

The District 2 tourney goes in alphabetical order, so it's Morristown East's turn. I would imagine Challenger Field at Frank Lorino. West will have it next year.

Gotta agree with Lancelot on tonight's games - can't really see them going any other way.